Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 258448 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3960 on: December 18, 2020, 01:43:49 PM »

Brian Kelly says Norte Dame could boycott CFP semifinals if team families are not allowed to attend
Opting out of the CFP would be a huge recruiting tool for OLotPT. Huge.
I think “ threatening” to do it IS a great recruiting tool.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: December 18, 2020, 04:02:36 PM »

Brian Kelly says Norte Dame could boycott CFP semifinals if team families are not allowed to attend

He should think before he speaks.   It makes him look less intelligent to make a completely idle threat.  he probably could have made his point in a way that didn't make him look like a jerk.  Oh wait...that's right he is one.

Won't their losing by 100 points tomorrow make that demand moot?

too funny...but my guess is they will get in anyway
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: December 18, 2020, 04:05:00 PM »

The difference between Brian Kelly and Dabo Sweeney is that Dabo can occasionally say something that makes him seem like a jerk and Kelly can occasionally say something that makes him seem like a reasonably nice guy.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: December 18, 2020, 06:16:59 PM »

The difference between Brian Kelly and Dabo Sweeney is that Dabo can occasionally say something that makes him seem like a jerk and Kelly can occasionally say something that makes him seem like a reasonably nice guy.

True.

They're very much like Pete Carroll.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: December 18, 2020, 06:48:52 PM »

He should think before he speaks.   It makes him look less intelligent to make a completely idle threat.  he probably could have made his point in a way that didn't make him look like a jerk.  Oh wait...that's right he is one.

I think he thought clearly  BEFORE he  spoke.
Standing up for his players and their families hardly has a downside. Even if he loses the battle he scores more points by thinking long term.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: December 18, 2020, 07:55:09 PM »

I disagree.   If he had thought before he spoke he could have fashioned a much better opinion on it instead of making a childish threat that no one would take seriously.  I have no problem with him calling out California.  I hope they do move it.

For those of you out of state that are not aware, Warden Newsom is about to face a recall battle.  Moving it would just be another stain on his inglorious tenure.

But none of that excuses Kelly.  I actually thought it was one of Kelly's least offensive outbursts, but he still comes across as childish and petty.  He is just completely incapable of acting like a mature adult.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: December 18, 2020, 08:10:10 PM »

Standing up for his players and their families hardly has a downside. Even if he loses the battle he scores more points by thinking long term.
Yeah, and when ND gets sent to the Rose Bowl? And ND goes? Kelly will look like a fatuous blow hard.

Trojan is free to replace "look like" with the verb of his choice.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: December 18, 2020, 09:42:41 PM »

Nails it!!!!

“I’m not sure we’ll play in the playoffs if the parents can’t be there,” Kelly said on a Zoom call leading up to the ACC title game. “Why would we play if you can’t have families at the game? If you can’t have families at bowl games, why would you go to a game where families can’t be part of it? What’s the sense of playing a game in an area of the country where nobody can be part of it?”

Well, idiot, the point is to generate the television revenue that’s so important to paying your seven-figure salary and keeping the NCAA afloat. That’s why we’ve had a football season this year, even though all the other fall college sports got moved to the spring. That’s it. And maybe Kelly hasn’t noticed, because his head is too far up his own ass, but we’re now passed 300,000 American deaths, and December has been the deadliest month of the pandemic here. So maybe pump the brakes on saying it’s so important to have players’ families at football games that you might not want to play if they can’t attend.

“It makes no sense to me to put a bunch of kids on a plane and fly them all the way to California to play in an empty stadium,” Swinney said, almost getting it before swerving into idiocy.

“That makes zero sense to me when you have plenty of stadiums where you can have fans and, most importantly, you can have families. It should be the same for all four teams as far as the opportunity that you have. This year everybody has had to make adjustments. To me, that would be a simple one to make.”

Yes, everybody has had to make adjustments. People have stayed away from their loved ones at holidays, people have had to figure out how to work at home if they’ve even been able to keep their jobs, and people have had to say final farewells to dying relatives on video calls because they couldn’t see them in person. And Swinney and Kelly are big mad because they might — might — have to spend New Year’s in the California sun, but without players’ parents? In order to protect those parents from traveling and possibly contracting a deadly virus?

https://deadspin.com/brian-kelly-and-dabo-swinney-should-be-fired-if-their-j-1845916665/amp

Fuck these assholes.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: December 18, 2020, 10:02:47 PM »

Yeah, and when ND gets sent to the Rose Bowl? And ND goes? Kelly will look like a fatuous blow hard.

To whom?  Certainly not his players, their families, or recruits.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: December 19, 2020, 03:51:16 AM »

Precisely to them.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: December 19, 2020, 10:50:38 AM »

Precisely to them.

It's not how one looks to his sycophants that counts ( a lesson lost on those in the GOP, or Big 10 fans), it's what one truly is. Kelly is an ass, no matter who decides to kiss his.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: December 19, 2020, 11:19:58 AM »

[/quote]Precisely to them.
[/quote]
I think your well documented disdain for Notre  Dame football is standing in the way of logical reasoning.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: December 19, 2020, 12:49:56 PM »

Hey, Ward, learn how to format the page!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: December 19, 2020, 01:00:11 PM »

Hey, Ward, learn how to format the page!

he is making it fun for us.  Sometimes we go back and "fix" it for him.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: December 19, 2020, 04:41:25 PM »

Today’s Sermon on the Mount
Go Bucks!
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 329