Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 258708 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4755 on: December 05, 2022, 09:49:06 AM »

So Cinn is going to play rival Louisville at Fenway Park in something called the Wasabi Bowl.Wasabi is the first thing I think of about Boston
True fact: they were going to go with the first think people think about when they think Boston, but opted against it because "Fuckwad Fans Bowl" was too aggressive and might be confused with a local HVAC company with the same name.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: December 05, 2022, 09:51:06 AM »

Nick saban has always been a great coach and person.
Half right.  Which beats your average.
It did, however, seem a little uncharacteristic of him to try and influence the Committee for inclusion into the playoff his team did not earn.
Actually it seemed precisely and predictably characteristic.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: December 05, 2022, 09:52:33 AM »

Nobody can find more ways to say "I detest Ohio State" than Bosox.
Best part of his hatred is that he has so few opportunities to vent.
About as few as you have working brain cells
The above quote was for Skippy the buckeye. Yank has his brain cells pretty much intact. The funny thing is I never mentioned the cow milking university. I stated that schools who don't even make it to a conf championship game should not be considered. Skippy did the rest on his own
Nothing like misquoting posts easily researched.
You should know all about that. PROVEN LIAR.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: December 05, 2022, 11:18:44 AM »

The Saban narrative of his team has a carefully scripted end to the year.
The Tide behind  Bryce Young crushes Kansas State in the Sugar Bowl and Alabama crows it was better than TCU all along and deserved to be in the playoff.

But.

If Young sits out the Bowl Game on his way to the NFL the narrative falls apart.

Then Saban faces the reality of college football with the transfer portal and NIL.

Alabama, this year, filled recruiting holes through the portal at left tackle, tailback, cornerback and (2 )wide receivers. Without Young his qb bench is suspect.(without Young this year the Tide would have never been in the playoff conversation)

Despite having 4 straight years of top recruiting classes Bama has just two playoff appearances and one championship.( there is a different standard in Tuscaloosa)

So the famed Saban process will change to reflect a new era of building teams.

The have-nots are getting stronger with the freedom of movement among players.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: December 05, 2022, 12:32:52 PM »

So the Wasabi Bowl just took an unusual twist.
The game matches Louisville and Cincinnati.
Cincinnati lost its coach, Luke Fickell, to Wisconsin last week.
Louisville, until, today was coached by Scott Satterfield
But today  Satterfield left Louisville for the Cincinnati job.
His Louisville players now must prepare for a game against their former coach, who likely will take some current Louisville assistants with him.
Fun times in Beantown.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: December 05, 2022, 01:47:01 PM »

The above quote was for Skippy the buckeye. Yank has his brain cells pretty much intact. The funny thing is I never mentioned the cow milking university. I stated that schools who don't even make it to a conf championship game should not be considered. Skippy did the rest on his own
Okay so it was Yank who mentioned the cow milkers first and Skippy chimed in with his little cheerleading outfit. I'm just used to Skippy leading the charge.......

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: December 05, 2022, 01:56:38 PM »

Okay so it was Yank who mentioned the cow milkers first and Skippy chimed in with his little cheerleading outfit. I'm just used to Skippy leading the charge.......
By the way, as an alumni of the finest AG school in the Midwest i resent "cow milkers" being applied to any other school. Well, except Wisky.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: December 05, 2022, 05:07:29 PM »

The transfer portal opened today and initial numbers of players interested in changing teams is 500.
By the end of the processes that number could swell to 3000.
Which team next year will emulate the success this year of , say, TCU or SoCal?

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: December 05, 2022, 11:18:15 PM »

By the way, as an alumni of the finest AG school in the Midwest i resent "cow milkers" being applied to any other school. Well, except Wisky.
😁😁😀😀

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: December 06, 2022, 03:26:10 PM »

BOWL SEASON!

Friday, Dec. 16[/i]

Hometown Lenders Bahamas Bowl: Miami (Ohio) vs. UAB

Yeah, a week in the Bahamas and home by Christmas. Not a bad reward for going 6 and 6. UAB has a better offense, and MOO has given up about 70 more ypg then they have gained. Plus, they are from the MAC and my usual rule is when in doubt, pick against the MAC. University of Alabama Birmingham.

Duluth Trading Cure Bowl: UTSA vs. Troy

About the only thing I know about this game is the teams all get gifted allegedly comfortable underwear, and the game is played in Duluth. Well, also it is rare for a first bowl day game to feature two Top 25 teams. UTSA has a more potent offense, with a diverse running game and a better and more efficient passing game. Plus, the Riverwalk is pretty cool. University of Texas San Antonio

Saturday, Dec. 17[/i]

Wasabi Fenway Fuckwad Fans Bowl: Cincinnati vs. Louisville

I sense this is a game that should be played more often, it is only an hour and a half down I 71 from one city to the other, and the recent coaching changes have made the situation a little more flavorful. It is interesting for a head coach to leave a Power 5 school for a Gang of Four* school, albeit temporarily. Fickell developed a pretty good program at Cinci and in a game with no permanent head coaches, I will use that as my decision point. Cininnati

Cricket Celebration Bowl: Jackson State vs. North Carolina Central

Deion Sanders built a pretty good program at Jackson State. On paper they are the better team but I have been reliably informed they will not be playing this game on paper. Still, JSU will want to give Prime Time a nice show on his way out. Jackson State

New Mexico Bowl: SMU vs. BYU

There is an off chance that Mordecai will account for ten touchdowns again, but I am not counting on it. BYU had a rough October, but it is not October anymore. Brigham Young University

Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl Presented by Stifel: the Washington State vs. the Fresno State

Clearly the least funny of all bowl games. I dog Wazzou for playing in the most God-forsaken outpost in the Power 5, but I have been to Fresno and I prefer Pullman. On the other hand, while Pullman is in the middle of the lovely Palouse, Fresno is only about 2 hours away from both Sequia and Yosemite. It is like comparing apples and raisins.  What does that have to do with the game? Nothing. Nothing at all. the Washington State University

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: December 06, 2022, 03:31:22 PM »

LendingTree Bowl: Rice vs. Old Mississippi**

USM has its most famous alumni about to be indicted for welfare fraud. Ice is a base for the main dish, not the main dish itself. And they do not belong in a bowl. A 500 team and a team with a losing record? Pass. I do not care who wins this game. I do not care if they play it. But I do have to pick someone. Southern Mississippi

SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl: Florida vs. the Oregon State

Florida helped ruin the PAWCP in game 1. THEY ALSO LOST TO VANDERBILT. That is almost as bad as losing to Indiana. I think the Beavers can shut down the run and force Richardson to pass, which he is marginal at. A ow scoring game, but I do not think the Gators will like the Beavers, although it might get hairy. the Oregon State University

Frisco Bowl: North Texas vs. the Boise State

Taking us to a bowl game? You are fired! The Boise State has a much better defense against better competition. Ignore the opponent in common. the Boise State University

Monday, Dec. 19[/i]

Ron Jon Myrtle Beach Bowl: Marshall vs. UConn

They do not seem to have an actual sponsor, but from my time visiting my parents in Conway, where the game is played, it should be either Ron Jon or PGA TOUR Superstore. UConn is in a bowl after going 1 and 11 last year, and are playing in their first bowl game since losing the Leningrad Bowl in 2015 to, hey, Marshall! They are also a 500 team going up against a team that beat Our lady of the Perpetual Tie. More relevantly, UConn is a run dominant team and Marshall, playing tougher competition, limited teams to under 90 yards rushing per game.  We are Marshall

Tuesday, Dec. 20[/i]

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Eastern Michigan vs. the San Jose State

EMU has not won a bowl game since the Reagan administration. But for those that think history repeats itself, their last bowl victory was against the San Jose State. If you think the history repeating itself is just a cliche that people use to get around thinking about what useless pieces of poo people are and that what is repeated so often is not history but people being assholes repeatedly, you take the San Jose State. [b[the San Jose State University[/b]

RoofClaim.com Rat Mouth Bowl: Liberty vs. Toledo

In a just and moral universe Liberty would have sunk under the Hell bound weight of the Falwell family. Instead, they have never lost a bowl game. But their ethically challenged coach is going off to egregiously violate NCAA rules at Auburn, and uniquely for MAC schools, Toledo is pretty good. Toledo

Wednesday, Dec. 21[/b

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl: Western Kentucky vs. Alabama***

WKU has a pretty good offensive system, but not much of a defense to support it. South Alabama has a good offense, though I was disappointed to learn the QB is not Willie McCoy. Anyway. South Alabama

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: December 06, 2022, 03:43:26 PM »

Thursday, Dec. 22[/i]

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl: Baylor vs. Air Force

Baylor is in the middle of a defensive coordinator swap out, just in time to face a pretty unique offense. I had Baylor as a dark horse playoff team back when the word was young. I was wrong. They have been uninspiring all year long. Up in the air, Junior Birdmen! United State Air Force Academy

Friday, Dec. 23[/b

Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl: Louisiana vs. Houston

You would think that Houston and Lafayette, both along I 10, would be close rivals. If you think that you have never driven I Fucking 10. Houston has a high powered offense, but so do all the teams that play Houston because their defense sucks. Houston has scored 30 points in 11 of 12 games, and are 7 and 5. Res ipsa loquitor. Louisiana

Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl: Woke Forest vs. Missouri

Missouri gave Georgia its toughest game of the year so far. They are a 500 bowl team, but they did play a tougher than usual for God apostrophe s Conference OOC, including Kansas State. Of course, Kansas State blew them out. WtheFU has a good quarterback in Sam Hartman, Sam Hartman. They also went 1 and 4 down the stretch. Missouri

Saturday, Dec. 24[/i]

EasyPost Hawai'i Bowl: the Middle Tennessee State vs. the San Diego State

Two uninspiring 7 and 5 teams getting to spend their Christmas season in Hawaii. There are worse fates. MTSU beat Miami back when it seemed possible Miami would be something. I do not have anything else to go on. the Middle Tennessee State University

Monday, Dec. 26[/i]

Quick Lane Bowl: the New Mexico State vs. Bowling Green

So what we lost out on when we lost to Indiana was a trip to Detroit for Christmas and the chance to lose to a MAC school on Boxing Day. I am fine with sitting home. Maybe NMSU can appreciate the change from Las Cruces.  Bowling Green

Tuesday, Dec. 27[/b

Camellia Bowl: Georgia** vs. Buffalo

Who cares? Not me! Georgia**

SERVPRO First Responder Bowl: Memphis vs. the Utah State

Perfect sponsor. Because an hour after the game, it will be like it never even happened. A bowl this forgettable should be played before Christmas. I do not care who plays. I do not care who wins. But I have to put something down so the Utah State University

TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl: Coastal Carolina vs. East Carolina

Can you buy tickets to this off SutbHub? Coastal has been a fairly good program for a low Gang of Four* conference team. Coastal Carolina

Guaranteed Rate Bowl: Wisconsin vs. the Oklahoma State

Never mind the coach, with Vivian Vance**** in the portal, who is playing quarterback for Wisky? The non Mertz quarterbacks threw 11 passes this year. Braelon Allen cannot do it all. the Oklahoma State

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: December 06, 2022, 03:46:25 PM »

Wednesday, Dec. 28[/i]

Military Bowl Presented by Peraton: UCF vs. Duke[/b]

What is Peraton? I had a joke but it kind of reminded me of Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffanys. I am, first, docking myself points because I am ashamed that I thought of the joke, second, giving myself points for not making it and third, subtracting said points for referencing it in for you to figure out. Duke

AutoZone Liberty Bowl: Kansas vs. Arkansas

Kudos to Kansas for bowl eligibility. But the Ar makes all the difference. Arkansas

San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl: Oregon vs. North Carolina

On the strength of their defense, but DEFINITELY NOT THEIR QUARTERBACK. Oregon

TaxAct Texas Bowl: Texas Tech vs. Old Mississippi

Typical Old Mississippi season. Start the year with seven straight wins then play teams that do not suck. TT has had some really mediocre QB play all year, but has still had a productive offense. And it has been a couple of years since I have been able to make a Shough of Despond joke, so I got that going for me. Texas Tech

Thursday, Dec. 29[/i]

Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl: Syracuse vs. Minnesota

Nothing says desperate male midlife crisis like Bad Boy Mowers. Your life was a sad waste and your sole connection with your past virility comes from mowing the lawn. Welcome to your fifties, loser. [/b]Minnesota[/b]

Cheez-It Bowl: Oklahoma vs. the Florida State

Oklahoma decided to spend the year proving the Peter Principle. Welcome to mediocre. the Florida State University

Valero Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Washington

Well, they beat us so having them finish with 11 wins makes our year slightly less pathetic. But only slightly. Pennx can be a real headache. Washington

Friday, Dec. 30[/i]

Duke's Mayo Bowl: Maryland vs. the NC State

As I say every year, the concept of a Mayo Bowl just makes me gag. Worst menu item ever. Though since it has the South Atlantic League tie in, I anticipate the year Duke gets this game. Also, is Duke Mayo a thing? Hell, mann, we do not have it out here. Per Wikipedia it contains more egg yolks than other brands and no added sugar, so there is that. Baby Tags is healthy. Devin Leary is not dead, but he will be outside looking in from the portal.Maryland

Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl: Pittsburgh vs. UCLA

This game should be Grrrreat! I think the UCLA QB is sitting this out to prepare for the draft, though why is beyond me. He is a fourth rounder, hurt or healthy. University of Pittsburgh

TaxSlayer Gator Bowl: Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie vs. Carolina***

OLotPT will by pyneing for a quarterback. The Cocks took down a couple of giants their last couple of games, after an unimpressive start to their season. University of Carolina***

Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl: Ohio vs. Wyoming

A bowl game full of stupid hot takes and rampant sexism, I guess. Again, when in doubt pick against the MAC. On the other hand, I am rather fond of the Bobcats, who are normally bottom dwellers, and were as recently as last year. Never let common sense and past experience get in the way of a good story. Ohio

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: December 06, 2022, 03:50:42 PM »

Capital One Orange Bowl: No. 6 Tennessee vs. No. 7 ClemSIN

Well, it is the ORANGE bowl, and it could not be oranger. ClemSIN stuck with Ugelielie sic longer than I would have. Now that he is in the portal, Fran Kubelick is the quarterback of the present as well as the future. What gives me pause is that SWINEy has in the past shown no issue with cutting away from an underperforming incumbent QB. The thing about back ups is there is a reason why they are not starting and the quickest way to find out that reason is to start them. I am not sure the Tennessee defense is primed to let us know what that reason is, though. Given the Tennessee defense and the injury to Hooker, I look forward to ClemSIN winning big and that ass SWINEy complaining that they should have been in the playoffs instead of insert name of team that loses in round one here. ClemSIN

Saturday, Dec. 31[/i]

TransPerfect Music City Bowl: Iowa vs. Kentucky

It is good that in an increasingly anti LGBTQ, TERF filled world we get a football bowl game affirming the worth of most hated, marginalized and shunned segment of our society. You are who you are, and that is PERFECT. As for the game, with Levis in draft prep the team that can score twice wins. And yes, that could be 4 to 3. Kentucky

Allstate Sugar Bowl: No. 5 Alabama vs. No. 9 the Kansas State

Not to put the KSU on too much of a spot, but from experience Satan coached Bama teams tend to react badly when they are excluded from the championship pool and take it out on whoever they play. I am not sure if Jones is going to play yet, or if he will be prepping for the draft, but I suspect the month before the game is enough time for Satan to bring whatever stud freshman QB is in the wings up to speed. Alabama

Monday, Jan. 2[/i]

ReliaQuest Bowl: the Old Mississippi State vs. Illinois

I always am suspect of Mississippi teams, but Bret Bielema does not have a particularly good track record against teams from God apostrophe s conference. the Mississippi State University

Citrus Bowl: LSU vs. Purdue

For what it is worth, putting three teams in the NY 6 really puts the Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big 10 behind the mark in the mid level games. Especially here, more than any other game. The IINB10 had three good teams, all from the east, and all in the NY 6, none of which are Purdue. This should be the biggest blow out in the New Years window. the Louisiana State University

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic: No. 10 UC***** vs. No. 16 Tulane

I assume Caleb Williams is reasonably healthy and will set aside time for game prep during the post Heisman rubber chicken circuit. If he is hurt I still like the Trojans, even if they cannot handle the Utes, but not as much. University of California***

Rose Bowl Game: No. 8 Utah vs. No. 11 the Penn State

Tough game to pick for me. I really like Utah, and that season opening loss to Florida seems harder to explain as time goes by. the PSU only loses to playoff teams, though, and they can play tough defense. Utah has the edge at QB, at time Clifford sems like Nix Lite, but I like the overall rounded PSU offense. I will go with the Kitties and their defense. the Pennsylvania State University

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: December 06, 2022, 03:53:05 PM »

College Football Playoff schedule

Saturday, Dec. 31
[/i]

CFP semifinal at the Vrbo Fiesta Bowl: No. 2 Methchicken vs. No. 3 TCU

I got the sense that TCU was living on the edge for a while, and that it was a matter of time before they hit the wall. People seem to think that McCarthy has turned the corner, but I am not sure. He hit three huge plays against The, but the rest of his stats were pretty mundane. Still, he hit those big passes and Methchicken has a strong run game, even without Corum, and a really good defense. I do not think they will have much problem with TCU. Methchicken

CFP semifinal at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl: No. 1 Georgia vs. No. 4 The

I so want to pull the trigger on the upset here, because I think if any team has the offensive tools to score on Georgia it is The. Smith Njigba has probably smartly decided not to risk his hammy but The has done fairly well without him all year, and they have a good stable or WR and RB to go with Stroud. Defensively it can be a struggle and The has been vulnerable to big plays. Georgia has the best defense in CFB, and while their offense is not anywhere like that level, they play confident solid football and can wear teams down, especially since Georgia keeps the other team defense on the field so much. The Law Firm of Stetson Bennett has put up some good numbers, even if he is a pretty limited athlete. But it is the defensive pressure that sways me. I can see The hanging close for a half, but I think in the end they wear The down. Georgia

Monday, Jan. 9

CFP National Championship Presented by AT&T: Georgia vs. Methchicken

You do not seriously believe I am taking Methchicken. Even if I thought they were going to win I would not pick them. Evil! They are evil! Georgia

* I love a man in a uniform.

** Southern

*** South

**** This is what separates the men from the boys. A lesser wit would have gone for a straight forward Ethel Mertz reference. Not me! I make you Google!

***** S
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 329