Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 254508 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #1425 on: December 05, 2018, 03:56:03 PM »

2nd top prospect decommits from Ohio St.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25459403/jake-wray-decommits-ohio-state-making-second-player-do-urban-meyer-announced-retire-following-rose-bowl

No. 56 ranked prospect Jake Wray decommits from Buckeyes.

Ohio State has lost two commitments from the 2020 recruiting class since Urban Meyer announced his retirement on Tuesday. The first to depart from the class was ESPN Junior 300 safety Lejond Cavazos, and now ESPN Jr. 300 offensive lineman Jake Wray has also backed off his commitment to the Buckeyes.

You always get this when a big name Coach decides to either jump ship or retire for health reasons like Coach Meyer is doing. How much more bleeding will occur only time will tell.
To be clear: those are juniors? Nothing from the 2019 class yet.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 05, 2018, 04:07:41 PM »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25459403/jake-wray-decommits-ohio-state-making-second-player-do-urban-meyer-announced-retire-following-rose-bowl

Ohio State has lost two commitments from the 2020 recruiting class since Urban Meyer announced his retirement on Tuesday. The first to depart from the class was ESPN Junior 300 safety Lejond Cavazos, and now ESPN Jr. 300 offensive lineman Jake Wray has also backed off his commitment to the Buckeyes.

You always get this when a big name Coach decides to either jump ship or retire for health reasons like Coach Meyer is doing. How much more bleeding will occur only time will tell.
Early signing begins December 20

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 05, 2018, 05:35:20 PM »

Well, yes. But tOSU has a great group of verbal. That I have seen, none of those have jumped.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 05, 2018, 06:39:38 PM »

Think Urban will keep him on when he takes over in 2020?

Funny you say that.  It has certainly been a discussion out here.

Personally...would not want him.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 05, 2018, 07:43:35 PM »

Think Urban will keep him on when he takes over in 2020?

Funny you say that.  It has certainly been a discussion out here.

Personally...would not want him.
You can sleep soundly. Urban has no interest.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 05, 2018, 07:48:00 PM »

Well, yes. But tOSU has a great group of verbal. That I have seen, none of those have jumped.
Early signing period was the driver behind the timing of retirement.
Recruits were calling asking about his future. Maybe some will change their minds.  They could also change their mind after signing if he delayed which would have been unfair to them.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 05, 2018, 07:48:18 PM »

The funniest thing of all is that OSU fans think UM won't be coaching elsewhere in two years.  UF fans were similarly delusional.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 05, 2018, 08:14:54 PM »

The funniest thing of all is that OSU fans think UM won't be coaching elsewhere in two years.  UF fans were similarly delusional.
How do you know this?
Are you driving their reaction?

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 05, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »

in some cases, apparently, yes.  Ref the following:

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 05, 2018, 09:23:52 PM »

in some cases, apparently, yes.  Ref the following:

I regret not checking my post. Autocorrect took DIVINING a to DRIVING
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 09:52:12 PM by Espnthree »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 05, 2018, 09:35:59 PM »

Meyer was one of the best recruiters there were. Farrell thinks he was the best in fact. Although my numbers dispute that. He was a great national recruiter too. Farrell thinks he was the best because of that. The numbers I get dispute that too. But like he said more of 1 and 1A. Saban has had something like 9 #1 classes since 2002 and to me nobody can touch that.

https://n.rivals.com/news/top-10-recruiters-of-the-rivals-com-era
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 05, 2018, 09:37:50 PM »

I think his health is even worse now though. But a competitive guy like that you just never know.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 06, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »

Jim Delany says College Football Playoff doesn't define Big Ten:

Big 10 teams sticking with nine league games.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25460556/big-ten-commissioner-jim-delany-there-no-plans-reduce-number-league-games-nine-eight

I'd have to agree with their decision. With 6 teams not above .500 there really isn't any need to schedule weaker teams. They already have them. And it's an easier way for them to keep all of the money for that game in the Big Ten.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:55:37 AM by CaptainCargo »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 06, 2018, 01:21:14 PM »

Jim Delany says College Football Playoff doesn't define Big Ten:

Big 10 teams sticking with nine league games.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25460556/big-ten-commissioner-jim-delany-there-no-plans-reduce-number-league-games-nine-eight

I'd have to agree with their decision. With 6 teams not above .500 there really isn't any need to schedule weaker teams. They already have them. And it's an easier way for them to keep all of the money for that game in the Big Ten.
If they played 8 conference games like God's Conference they would have more teams over .500.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 06, 2018, 02:22:08 PM »

If they played 8 conference games like God's Conference they would have more teams over .500.

Very true
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 329