Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3650 3651 [3652] 3653 3654 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1656143 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54765 on: October 27, 2020, 12:36:21 PM »

You could be a person of colour, they're not blaming you for anything.
You cannot be racist, they say.

Who is they?  There are plenty of racists who aren't white.  And that's sad.
The difference is their racism can't get you killed as easily as the systemic racism against non-whites.
And that's the issue isn't it? All of us can be racist.  But only one group has a system and history of racism to support them.
Everyone else has it harder.

Kam, the functional definition of racism includes the concept of power. So, Blacks in America, not being part of the dominant race, are not racist even if they hate people for being white.

I disagree.   The world isn't neatly split up into black and white.  Power and powerless.  It's a world of degrees.  Non-whites are very capable of racism regardless of their power.  Non-whites can be racist against blacks and whites. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #54766 on: October 27, 2020, 12:37:58 PM »

They say "All Lives Matter" is racist, many people say it is not.

It is the tone-deaf response of racists and people who don't know the context of "black lives matter".

Not "don't know," but "refuse to accept," I think.

I've had to correct family members this year who didn't know better.  Now they do.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54767 on: October 27, 2020, 01:26:32 PM »

The difference is their racism can't get you killed as easily as the systemic racism against non-whites.
And that's the issue isn't it? All of us can be racist.  But only one group has a system and history of racism to support them.

Kam, the functional definition of racism includes the concept of power. So, Blacks in America, not being part of the dominant race, are not racist even if they hate people for being white.

I disagree.   The world isn't neatly split up into black and white.  Power and powerless.  It's a world of degrees.  Non-whites are very capable of racism regardless of their power.  Non-whites can be racist against blacks and whites.

What exactly are you disagreeing with?

Me?

Not my definition.

The world of sociology?

Go right ahead. I am just providing you with what the term means today. You can use it otherwise if you wish, but it's an idiosyncratic decision.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54768 on: October 27, 2020, 01:27:35 PM »

It is the tone-deaf response of racists and people who don't know the context of "black lives matter".

I've had to correct family members this year who didn't know better.  Now they do.

But in the cases of Bambi, Ward, and Kiid, it is not as if they have not been informed - multiple times.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54769 on: October 27, 2020, 01:30:26 PM »

Correcting family members - yeah, sounds like it would be your thing

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54770 on: October 27, 2020, 01:34:58 PM »

And Texas and Georgia look like they are seriously in play!

Dems internal polling likely says so - Kamala in TX today and Joe in Georgia

You dont want to get caught having lost the election - and having TX and GA being close - while not having taken your shot there.   (that right, Hillary?)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54771 on: October 27, 2020, 01:40:33 PM »

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/10/santas-scrooged-by-trump-admin-after-bizarre-vaccine-deal-goes-south/

You can't make this stuff up.   Gets into the madness of Michael Caputo.   You better watch out,  you better not pout.

As noted by Stephan Colbert, "Quid Pro Ho Ho Ho"!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54772 on: October 27, 2020, 01:42:45 PM »

Your family still spits at you and runs off before you resume your noxious babble from what I hear.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54773 on: October 27, 2020, 01:43:02 PM »

While in your house, the opposite takes place.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54774 on: October 27, 2020, 01:44:22 PM »

That's inarguable.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #54775 on: October 27, 2020, 02:00:29 PM »

What exactly are you disagreeing with?

Me?

Not my definition.

The world of sociology?

Go right ahead. I am just providing you with what the term means today. You can use it otherwise if you wish, but it's an idiosyncratic decision.

Wherever you got your definition from seems to have a racist view on racism.

Only white people are capable of racism!

Go play some pick-up basketball. You'll disavow that opinion quickly.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:06:04 PM by Kam »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54776 on: October 27, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54777 on: October 27, 2020, 02:17:38 PM »

Why not? Why let their rants.go unchallenged?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54778 on: October 27, 2020, 02:25:34 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/27/politics/election-2020-senate-race-rankings-one-week/index.html

Dems add 3, lose 1, fall short.

Republicans drown in a sea of corpses. Your children might drown in that sea as well.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3650 3651 [3652] 3653 3654 ... 4288