Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3840 3841 [3842] 3843 3844 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1664245 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #57615 on: November 20, 2020, 02:37:58 AM »

Do you think that was Rudy's hair dye? I though it was embalming fluid.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #57616 on: November 20, 2020, 02:56:27 AM »

California gave Biden his greatest advantage in popular vote.

Which state do you think gave him his second greatest advantage in popular vote?

And which state do you think gave Trump his greatest advantage in popular vote over Biden?

Two guesses:

New Jersey for Biden

Florida for Trump
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57617 on: November 20, 2020, 03:05:05 AM »

California gave Biden his greatest advantage in popular vote.

Which state do you think gave him his second greatest advantage in popular vote?

And which state do you think gave Trump his greatest advantage in popular vote over Biden?

Two guesses:

New Jersey for Biden

Florida for Trump
Surely New York. And Texas, or maybe Ohio.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #57618 on: November 20, 2020, 03:06:26 AM »

New York is more red than Jersey or Connecticut

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #57619 on: November 20, 2020, 03:37:35 AM »

But a lot more people.
I'd go with NY too ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #57620 on: November 20, 2020, 03:42:55 AM »

Trump attorney Sidney Powell spun fictional tales of election systems flipping votes, German servers storing U.S. voting information and election software created in Venezuela “at the direction of Hugo Chavez” — the late Venezuelan president who died in 2013.

Rudy for some reason brought up Tanzania and My Cousin Vinny.
Tanzania probably a Rudy client or something.
Told ya everything Rudy touches turns into farce.
How could anyone have confidence in Trump when Trump has confidence in Rudy?
Though Trump & Rudy certainly are confidence men ...

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #57621 on: November 20, 2020, 04:00:16 AM »

One would have to be a total stooge, a fool or just completely dishonest to believe that all these wild accusations of fraud, undermining confidence in voting, and looking into getting a fake set of electors in various states was just simply pursuing legal channels and making sure the vote was fair.

Even some Trump allies have admitted that the chaos and confusion was the point, trying to rev up Trump's base and keep them loyal in a Lost Cause type of mode.  Who cares if they are duped and don't know the truth that the vote went off fine and Biden simply won.

Even Mitt Romney has had enough of this horseshit.
Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, one of Trump’s most vocal GOP critics, accused Trump of resorting to “overt pressure on state and local officials to subvert the will of the people and overturn the election.” Romney added, “It is difficult to imagine a worse, more undemocratic action by a sitting American President.”

Well, I have a better imagination than CEO Rom. 
Lame duck Trump could bomb Iran for instance.
Or just announce the election was fraudulent and that he is staying on as the real president, either calling on armed militia folks and/or the military to back him up.
Or have Biden arrested.
All those would be worse...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 04:11:21 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #57622 on: November 20, 2020, 04:08:38 AM »

One would have to be a total stooge, a fool or just completely dishonest to believe that all these wild accusations of fraud, undermining confidence in voting, and looking into getting a fake set of electors in various states was just simply pursuing legal channels and making sure the vote was fair.

Even some Trump allies have admitted that the chaos and confusion was the point, trying to rev up Trump's base and keep them loyal in a Lost Cause type of mode.  Who cares if they are duped and don't know the truth that the vote went off fine and Biden simply won.

The trump voters are in serious denial.   The cognitive dissonance they feel is drawing them to the hope that the courts can save Trump and that fraud will be found.  They now BELIEVE the US electoral system is broken.  This is among the real damage Trump has wrought on the USA.   Attacking our institutions like the free press, medical experts, and the electoral process will do just as much... maybe more... to damage the country than any Supreme Court seat (as if the court wasn't bad enough but that's more of a Senate act than a Trump one).  Trump alone has authored the damage done elsewhere.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #57623 on: November 20, 2020, 04:19:12 AM »

This is among the real damage Trump has wrought on the USA.   Attacking our institutions like the free press, medical experts, and the electoral process will do just as much... maybe more... to damage the country

And throwing gov't itself into further disrepute with conspiracy theorizing with all the talk of a Deep State cabal working within the gov't against Trump. 

I thought calling the media the enemy of the people, and calling everything he didn't like fake news was hugely detrimental to the country and the idea of democracy.  Compounded by trying to establish a sort of state media, where trump thought Fox was supposed to do its all to support him, and promoting and legitimizing wacky right wing sources as legit media (and always calling on them at pressers and quoting them as sources, etc).

This anti-free press and gov't working in concert with highly partisan media is just a couple steps away from Putin's Russia or Erdogan's Turkey, where all media gets either shut down or bought out and co-opted.  Yeah, can't happen here ... as we head down that road.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57624 on: November 20, 2020, 04:47:13 AM »

I guessed New York and Texas, myself, and was wrong. I think NY was 4th, with two between it and California. And Texas wasn't in the top three for the GOP, either, last I looked.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #57626 on: November 20, 2020, 07:36:10 AM »

My neighborhood is getting better, but the other side of town is getting bad. There are homeless people all over, and dirty ugly prostitutes. It is getting bad. We need to clean up our city. We have help available now for the homeless people, they need to accept the help and get off of our streets. There is a new Wellness Center in Orange where people can go for help. We have a bunch of new homeless shelters, etc, we need to get the homeless people into shelters.

And we need to open our city back up, and we need to bring the jobs back.

Salute,

Tony V.

If bambu were king there...there would not be any homeless people all over and dirty ugly prostitutes (or clean attractive ones).
They'd be in the shelters or in the prison farm...nice meals, no drugs, no alcohol.
Mentally ill people would be in the facility for the mentally ill, not roaming the streets, like in Seattle.
Intoxicated/drugged women (and men) would not be fossicking thru garbage bins for food or staggering around the streets with their pants falling down, like in Seattle.
And everybody would have a gun on them at all times cocked and ready to fire at the instigator of the slightest provocation.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57627 on: November 20, 2020, 07:50:52 AM »

I guessed New York and Texas, myself, and was wrong. I think NY was 4th, with two between it and California. And Texas wasn't in the top three for the GOP, either, last I looked.

Oregon?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57628 on: November 20, 2020, 07:54:16 AM »

The President-Reject can't win in the courts, so he's trying to con some Michiganders into doing his bidding and having his Giuliani, a graduate of the Cousin Vinny  Law School, conduct a disinformation campaign to keep the duped sending him money.

Only an idiot can't see what is really going on at the expense of the country.

Anyone who supports the President-Reject can never call themselves a patriot. Never.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #57629 on: November 20, 2020, 08:52:20 AM »

Trump history and behavior suggest destructive mental processes that put America at risk
Trump is not just a childish man having a tantrum or a selfish man who can't accept defeat. His actions are dangerous to America's health and security.
Dr. Kenneth Paul Rosenberg and Norman OrnsteinOpinion contributors
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/11/20/trump-behavior-history-suggest-mood-personality-disorders-column/6332417002/

Finally figured him out.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 3840 3841 [3842] 3843 3844 ... 4288