Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1647770 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #15975 on: June 29, 2019, 11:55:24 AM »

Sadly all the dem nominees appear to be following the popular but flawed icon Ted Kennedy through the immigration minefield. All are for anchor babies and chain migration. Just like lemmings following some ancient ancestor over the cliffs.
In his senior moment he must have forgotten about the gas chambers, the medical experiments, the confiscation of all personal property. Just children and adults being giving a roof over their heads and three square for one of the few times in their lives. People were not struggling to get into NAZI Germany.

Da fuck are you yapping about?

Luee probably thinks Truman tweeted that. It’s now part of his primitive belief matrix.

Happy B-Day, Larry

God help us all

I was referring to the former Nuremberg  juror who referred to detention camps as crimes against humanity.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15976 on: June 29, 2019, 01:00:12 PM »

Sadly all the dem nominees appear to be following the popular but flawed icon Ted Kennedy through the immigration minefield. All are for anchor babies and chain migration. Just like lemmings following some ancient ancestor over the cliffs.
In his senior moment he must have forgotten about the gas chambers, the medical experiments, the confiscation of all personal property. Just children and adults being giving a roof over their heads and three square for one of the few times in their lives. People were not struggling to get into NAZI Germany.

Luee probably thinks Truman tweeted that. It’s now part of his primitive belief matrix.

Happy B-Day, Larry

God help us all

I was referring to the former Nuremberg  juror who referred to detention camps as crimes against humanity.

Shut up and read something...

“The term concentration camp refers to a camp in which people are detained or confined, usually under harsh conditions and without regard to legal norms of arrest and imprisonment that are acceptable in a constitutional democracy.”

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/concentration-camps-1933-39

The Trump Administration is doing this for his buds in the for profit Private Prison Industry.

This is kid GITMO with worse conditions...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15977 on: June 29, 2019, 01:50:10 PM »

Happy B-Day, Larry

God help us all

Crimes against humanity don't require gas chambers, Luee. They don't require medical experiments or confiscation of personal property.

"Just children and adults being giving a roof over their heads and three square for one of the few times in their lives."

On the other hand, it sure looks like you haven't been reading the news very well. Refusal to provide safe and sanitary conditions sounds like a crime against US law and international law to which we are signatories and which we have ratified. It sounds like crimes that get brought up in the International Court of Law.

Separating children from their families for no good reason, just bogus deterrence hopes, is a violation of both. Refusal to make the minimum effort to reach and reconnect them with their parents or other family members - how is it that you think that is not a crime against humanity?

Sexual and physical abuse by the guards. That's not a crime against humanity in your book eithe, huh?

crime a·gainst hu·man·i·ty
noun
plural noun: crimes against humanity

a deliberate act, typically as part of a systematic campaign, that causes human suffering or death on a large scale.

Certainly a systematic campaign. Certainly causing human suffering and, yes, sometimes death. Thousands - how large a scale does it need to be for you, Luee?

https://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/crimes-against-humanity.shtml

Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court
Article 7
Crimes Against Humanity

1. For the purpose of this Statute, ‘crime against humanity’ means any of the following acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack:
a. Murder;
b. Extermination;
c. Enslavement;
d. Deportation or forcible transfer of population;
e. Imprisonment or other severe deprivation of physical liberty in violation of fundamental rules of international law;
f. Torture;
g. Rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, enforced sterilization, or any other form of sexual violence of comparable gravity;
h. Persecution against any identifiable group or collectivity on political, racial, national, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender as defined in paragraph 3, or other grounds that are universally recognized as impermissible under international law, in connection with any act referred to in this paragraph or any crime within the jurisdiction of the Court;
i. Enforced disappearance of persons;
j. The crime of apartheid;
k. Other inhumane acts of a similar character intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health.

2. For the purpose of paragraph 1:
‘Attack directed against any civilian population’ means a course of conduct involving the multiple commission of acts referred to in paragraph 1 against any civilian population, pursuant to or in furtherance of a State or organizational policy to commit such attack;

The page goes on to explain that these can occur during peace, not just armed conflict.

In contrast with genocide, crimes against humanity do not need to target a specific group. Instead, the victim of the attack can be any civilian population, regardless of its affiliation or identity. Another important distinction is that in the case of crimes against humanity, it is not necessary to prove that there is an overall specific intent. It suffices for there to be a simple intent to commit any of the acts listed, with the exception of the act of persecution, which requires additional discriminatory intent. The perpetrator must also act with knowledge of the attack against the civilian population and that his/her action is part of that attack.

Sounds like crimes against humanity to me, Luee. Not to you?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15978 on: June 29, 2019, 01:55:29 PM »

Happy B-Day, Larry

God help us all

Crimes against humanity don't require gas chambers, Luee. They don't require medical experiments or confiscation of personal property.

"Just children and adults being giving a roof over their heads and three square for one of the few times in their lives."

On the other hand, it sure looks like you haven't been reading the news very well. Refusal to provide safe and sanitary conditions sounds like a crime against US law and international law to which we are signatories and which we have ratified. It sounds like crimes that get brought up in the International Court of Law.

Separating children from their families for no good reason, just bogus deterrence hopes, is a violation of both. Refusal to make the minimum effort to reach and reconnect them with their parents or other family members - how is it that you think that is not a crime against humanity?

Sexual and physical abuse by the guards. That's not a crime against humanity in your book eithe, huh?

crime a·gainst hu·man·i·ty
noun
plural noun: crimes against humanity

a deliberate act, typically as part of a systematic campaign, that causes human suffering or death on a large scale.

Certainly a systematic campaign. Certainly causing human suffering and, yes, sometimes death. Thousands - how large a scale does it need to be for you, Luee?

https://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/crimes-against-humanity.shtml

Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court
Article 7
Crimes Against Humanity

1. For the purpose of this Statute, ‘crime against humanity’ means any of the following acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack:
a. Murder;
b. Extermination;
c. Enslavement;
d. Deportation or forcible transfer of population;
e. Imprisonment or other severe deprivation of physical liberty in violation of fundamental rules of international law;
f. Torture;
g. Rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, enforced sterilization, or any other form of sexual violence of comparable gravity;
h. Persecution against any identifiable group or collectivity on political, racial, national, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender as defined in paragraph 3, or other grounds that are universally recognized as impermissible under international law, in connection with any act referred to in this paragraph or any crime within the jurisdiction of the Court;
i. Enforced disappearance of persons;
j. The crime of apartheid;
k. Other inhumane acts of a similar character intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health.

2. For the purpose of paragraph 1:
‘Attack directed against any civilian population’ means a course of conduct involving the multiple commission of acts referred to in paragraph 1 against any civilian population, pursuant to or in furtherance of a State or organizational policy to commit such attack;

The page goes on to explain that these can occur during peace, not just armed conflict.

In contrast with genocide, crimes against humanity do not need to target a specific group. Instead, the victim of the attack can be any civilian population, regardless of its affiliation or identity. Another important distinction is that in the case of crimes against humanity, it is not necessary to prove that there is an overall specific intent. It suffices for there to be a simple intent to commit any of the acts listed, with the exception of the act of persecution, which requires additional discriminatory intent. The perpetrator must also act with knowledge of the attack against the civilian population and that his/her action is part of that attack.

Sounds like crimes against humanity to me, Luee. Not to you?

Who gives ashit about the infestation of brown sub humans from shithole countries?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15979 on: June 29, 2019, 01:57:16 PM »

Meanwhile, on the road to Gilead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NYBNKT9DKo

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15980 on: June 29, 2019, 02:33:33 PM »

WOO HOO! Sixty one today and I'm still here! There are several folks to whom I would like to say, "I told you so!" but those motherfuckers are already dead and I doubt I'll see them on the other side!

EXCELSIOR!

You mean the white cops?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15981 on: June 29, 2019, 03:04:50 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15982 on: June 29, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »

This excrement needs to be dealt with

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-utah-student-charges-20190628-akc4f6bixfgnnm767oywsene4i-story.html

I agree.

If only you expressed such outrage about all such outrages.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15983 on: June 29, 2019, 03:50:34 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/29/us/taylor-oil-spill-trnd/index.html

The owner estimated a few gallons of oil were leaking per day.

The truth is 100-1000 times as bad as that, every single day.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #15984 on: June 29, 2019, 04:38:44 PM »

Yahoo
/
Inbox

---Nancy Pelosi <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Jun 29 at 12:19 PM

I’m about to throw in the towel.

I just checked my team’s fundraising numbers (again!), and things aren’t looking good at all.

I won’t sugarcoat this for you, : We are WAY behind our goal.

I wouldn’t be reaching out to you for the fifth time in four days if this moment wasn’t absolutely critical.

If we can’t compete with Trump and his Republicans’ unprecedented cash hauls, we will not have the resources we need to protect and expand our Majority.

Everything we’ve worked so hard for together will all be for nothing.

I desperately need 22,982 more grassroots Democrats to step up before tomorrow’s Mid-Year Deadline. Will you please pitch in $1 right now?

It’s so important we hit this critical goal that I’ll personally triple match every gift until midnight tomorrow.---

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15986 on: June 29, 2019, 05:25:39 PM »

I’m about to throw in the towel.

I just checked my team’s fundraising numbers (again!), and things aren’t looking good at all.

I won’t sugarcoat this for you, : We are WAY behind our goal.

Run of the mill over the top fundraising bs.

Why share it?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

barton

« Reply #15988 on: June 29, 2019, 06:46:22 PM »

Kid cares about women.   

meanwhile....

From WaPo:

As G-20 reaffirms fight against climate change, Trump again resists

While 18 countries and the European Union reiterated their commitment to the Paris climate accord, the United States was the lone dissenter as President Trump railed against wind and solar power.

45 could not pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel.

barton

« Reply #15989 on: June 29, 2019, 06:52:25 PM »

Meanwhile, on the road to Gilead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NYBNKT9DKo

Katie Muth didn't flinch or waver in delivering her important message.   Be still my heart.

Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 4288