Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4228 4229 [4230] 4231 4232 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1647277 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63435 on: January 17, 2021, 06:36:41 PM »

Achtung Bitches!

I will say it once

This is inciteful language.

Josh - do with it as you please.

You racists to hate being called out, don't you?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63436 on: January 17, 2021, 06:39:21 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #63437 on: January 17, 2021, 06:40:55 PM »

Missing the point, the mangods in Iran are executing sports heroes who dare to say negative things about their terrible Govt. Jimmy Carter refused to back the Shah a shining light at the time who attempted to reform the Ayatollahs.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63438 on: January 17, 2021, 06:41:26 PM »

No need to respond. My point was clear. He is free to misread it and rant incoherently.

Didn't misread.   You did.   He's not saying a humanitarian person doesn't deserve respect.   He's saying doctors don't get to decide their treatment plans on who's been naughty and nice.   They don't get to make fat smoker dude wait gasping for oxygen because they've judged his whole life and decided he's not Mother Theresa.   

I worked in a hospital.   Medical ethics is seeing all human lives as having value, and making decisions on urgency of need, and least harm.

Quite
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63439 on: January 17, 2021, 06:43:17 PM »

Achtung Bitches!

I will say it once

heh
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63440 on: January 17, 2021, 06:45:54 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/17/politics/trump-allies-pardons-lobbying/index.html

This is likely criminal.

Well, there is a process for applying - and this results in there being a list

Not so easy as Trump just deciding he wants to pardon someone, with that party having no knowledge.

See Ziegler, Toby - West Wing Season 7

If you think APPLICANTS have greased the skids, have at it with the details, Post and Moderator.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63441 on: January 17, 2021, 06:48:06 PM »

The details will come out. Bloggo can visit trump in prison once they do.

Achtung Bitches!

I will say it once

The video accompanying the Achtung provided evidence that the simile to Nazis was correct.   Achtung,  as Larry used it,  is a metaphor for "here's something that parallels what happened in Nazi Germany..."

The main value of kid’s posts is they give us an idiots view of the zeitgeist in the cess pits he links to without having to wade in. It’s a way to get a taste of current Nazi ideas without having to punch one directly.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63442 on: January 17, 2021, 06:53:38 PM »

Donald Trump Jnr and his girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle...now there's the answer for the Republic/ans.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63443 on: January 17, 2021, 06:54:49 PM »

I told you these motherfuckers were Nazis years ago. Look back over this past administration and ask yourself is there ANYTHING they wouldn't have done if they thought they could shrug it away?

"I alone can fix it."

"It is what it is."

Achtung.

Straight line from Tim McVeigh to 1/6/21

The District will never be the same.

Bastards.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63444 on: January 17, 2021, 07:02:48 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/17/politics/trump-allies-pardons-lobbying/index.html

This is likely criminal.

Well, there is a process for applying - and this results in there being a list

Not so easy as Trump just deciding he wants to pardon someone, with that party having no knowledge.

See Ziegler, Toby - West Wing Season 7

If you think APPLICANTS have greased the skids, have at it with the details, Post and Moderator.

You couldn't straight up buy a pardon but you can pay guy who has access to decision makers with the ear of POTUS.

This administration has taken corruption to a new level.

One day this is gonna make one hell of an opera.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63445 on: January 17, 2021, 07:04:10 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/17/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-twitter/index.html

She's not likely to stay on long once her suspension is over, either.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63446 on: January 17, 2021, 07:17:04 PM »

No need to respond. My point was clear. He is free to misread it and rant incoherently.

Didn't misread.   You did.   He's not saying a humanitarian person doesn't deserve respect.   He's saying doctors don't get to decide their treatment plans on who's been naughty and nice.   They don't get to make fat smoker dude wait gasping for oxygen because they've judged his whole life and decided he's not Mother Theresa.   

I worked in a hospital.   Medical ethics is seeing all human lives as having value, and making decisions on urgency of need, and least harm.
Yawn.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63447 on: January 17, 2021, 07:20:18 PM »

From the early aughts...

"I aint scared of Al Qaeda..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niRn3buYYVo

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63448 on: January 17, 2021, 07:21:12 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63449 on: January 17, 2021, 07:25:14 PM »

Read:  I refuse to back him up by saying exactly what my feeling is on Rand Paul's statement.

Ummmmm....kid.

So, that comment was about the idiocy of medical "ethics".

As to Paul.

“A third of the Republicans will leave the party,” Paul continued. “This isn’t about, anymore, the Electoral College, this is about the future of the party, and whether you’re going to ostracize and excommunicate President Trump from the party. Well, guess what? Millions of his fans will leave as well.”-----

What Paul said.

More succinctly, "Because while I condemn insurrectionists, they're important to the party!"-----

What I said about what he said.

Try to keep up.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 4228 4229 [4230] 4231 4232 ... 4288