Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1645631 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #8055 on: January 07, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »

Israel knew it had to buy a piece of the GOP and eventually trump while they were on the market, especially as they watched the Russians dig their own channel. Israel had a good start early with hooks in the Fungelical graft movement. It’s paying off now, as whiskers now jumps in to wrestle the greasy policy slug, where Tillerson, Mattis, Kelly, Haley and others have already fallen off, covered indelibly in a thick sheen of slime.

Good luck Johnny! Give him hell!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: January 07, 2019, 03:23:37 PM »

Zero business in Senate till Mitch and dummkoph reopen government fully.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: January 07, 2019, 04:42:25 PM »

Maybe some undesirables were using Canada as a transit-lounge for entry into America?
Maybe the toughened US vetting of prospective immigrants from Canada is long overdue?

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: January 07, 2019, 04:56:03 PM »

Meanwhile, back in the world of men...

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/nrl-player-bolton-apologies-after-assault/ar-BBRVFUv?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

NRL veteran Scott Bolton has apologised after admitting to drunkenly touching a woman's upper thigh as she tried to move away from him in a Sydney bar.
The North Queensland Cowboys prop had denied a charge of indecent assault at Bondi Beach Public Bar in May 2018 and in Waverley Local Court on Monday, following discussions with police, that charge was withdrawn and the 31-year-old pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of common assault.

Bolton in a statement on Monday afternoon said he has been determined to "strenuously argue" that he never acted indecently towards the female involved.

He apologised for his actions and the distress they caused to the victim, his wife, family, teammates and fans.
The agreed facts state the woman was sitting alone on a sofa and using her mobile phone when Bolton gave her a high-five to get her attention.

He "slumped down" next to her but she moved along the seat "in an attempt to distance herself" and tried to leave by pushing past Bolton's legs and while doing so, he reached forward and touched her upper thigh, the facts state.

The rugby league player on Monday avoided conviction but was put on a 12-month good behaviour release order.

#####

Women's groups are outraged.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: January 07, 2019, 05:11:32 PM »

Zero business in Senate till Mitch and dummkoph reopen government fully.

As kids suffer...

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: January 07, 2019, 05:39:29 PM »

Octavio-Cortez is the latest practitioner of the “ unofficial” democrat party National Anthem:
When things go wrong I feel real bad.
I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

My apologies to The Animals.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: January 07, 2019, 06:00:43 PM »

As oppsoed to the GOP who, when things go wrong, don't give a shit (assuming things going wrong wasn't their very intention)-->

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/06/business/trump-tariffs-trade-war.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

But now, the company’s management is reluctantly mulling the possibility of moving its production to Mexico to escape the tariffs that President Trump has put on imported components, his primary weapons in a trade war waged in the name of bringing jobs home to America.

“It’s killing us,” said the chairman of the company, Pat LeBlanc, 63, a Republican who voted for Mr. Trump. He now expects the president’s tariffs will chop his 2019 profits in half. “I just feel so betrayed. If we fail because the company is being harmed by the government, that just makes me sick.”

Across the industrial United States, including in the crucial political battleground state of Michigan, such complaints are intensifying as the trade war disrupts factory operations that depend on imported parts.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: January 07, 2019, 06:07:53 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/06/world/middleeast/bolton-syria-pullout.html?action=click&contentCollection=U.S.&region=Footer&module=WhatsNext&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&moduleDetail=undefined&pgtype=Multimedia

As you don’t typically post current events of general interest, I can only assume you post this as a retort to the controversy that occurred a few weeks ago when Trump said we would pull out of Syria immediately, and Mattis quit.

But this doesn’t make a positive case for Trump.  That he would impetuously make life/death decisions based on one phone call with a foreign leader (who of course has his own agenda), without consultation with his advisors, cause chaos within his administration, only to walk things back to the status quo a few weeks later, is not a good thing.  There have been real consequences to Mattis’ quitting, with more experienced people leaving the Pentagon as a result, and no reason to think that the Trump administration is replacing them with competent personnel, while everyone left is just waiting for the next Trump bomb to explode.

It’s all very Presidential. 
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: January 07, 2019, 06:15:37 PM »

Octavio-Cortez is the latest practitioner of the “ unofficial” democrat party National Anthem:

The right's obsession with AOC is hilarious.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: January 07, 2019, 06:24:37 PM »

In sports lingo she committed an unforced error.
Then had no moral compass to apologize.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: January 07, 2019, 06:25:17 PM »

Red’s theme though Reagan, Bush, Bush and trump has been, “it wasn’t me!”

When she caught me Red handed...

Maybe some undesirables were using Canada as a transit-lounge for entry into America?
Maybe the toughened US vetting of prospective immigrants from Canada is long overdue?

By undesirables you mean of course Australians.

You couldn’t find the world of men with a map and two very very very patient women to guide you.

Shut up. Change you diaper. Think about what you’ve done.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: January 07, 2019, 06:26:51 PM »

In sports lingo she committed an unforced error.
Then had no moral compass to apologize.

It really bothers REDSTATEWARD when a politician promotes a falsehood, then has no moral compass to apologize.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: January 07, 2019, 06:37:45 PM »

He’s talking about the dance video, right?

Was it supposed to be shuffle, ball, ball, shuffle, like trump with his gaudy awkward borrowed sword?

Otherwise, I think she’s just stated things that are clear to most reasonable people because of their basis in facts. Medicare for All would cost more than the graft level in defense contracts, there she was off, you have to cut bogus energy, drug, and prison policies, to get to the point where premiums for younger working members would break it even.

Trump is a racist. Say it with me now. Trump is a racist, a motherfucker who needs to be impeached.

A thorough investigation should air out all the facts first, but everybody smells the crook and knows where this is leading.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: January 07, 2019, 07:08:07 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 4288