Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 934439 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4740 on: March 06, 2019, 01:20:04 AM »

Young players are rejecting LeBron.  Kristaps had the Clippers on his list.  Lakers have tied their fortunes to LeBron.  LeBron would never agree to a trade.  It would be another thing his critics would use against him.  He is stuck there.  The clever clippers will have Kawhi and the best record in LA for years to come.

I will take that bet

Ok... if i said in the next 5 seasons (not counting this one) the Clippers will have the Better W-L  Record at least 3 out of the 5 seasons....

Would you take that bet? And what is the wager?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Since the trade deadline
« Reply #4741 on: March 06, 2019, 01:29:09 AM »

Knicks have a better record than the Mavericks.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: March 06, 2019, 02:38:30 AM »

It doesn't make sense for Cleveland to let Love play into his dotage and get nothing for him. 

That's my worry with Durant. He'll be 31 when we get him. I think after we sign him we should trade him before the season starts.

We only have 4 years we’re giving. I think KD is a reliable all star till 35. You hope by that point younger players have seasoned up and KD can take a lesser role. If we can starphuck without shedding youth or picks, I’m less against it than I am most years. I’d be more ready to buy avoiding big rep big salary guys this summer and building through picks and guys still trying to make their bones, with the Reddick style contracts for mentors to get us up to the cap floor.

And KD is a Top 5 player while K Love is a Top 35 player.

Agree, Kam, but I'd add that I don't think the plan is to just sign Durant.

The Lakers would have made the playoffs had they kept Lopez (instead of Beasley) and Randle (instead of Lance and half of Rondo's contract...nobody else was giving him that much money). It may have cost McGee, but otherwise the Lakers had a terrible off-season and had they simply kept two of their own FAs, they'd be alright.

Also, Wagner and Svi provided nothing. Kinda tough to expect them to do so given where they were drafted, but the Lakers had a recent history of drafting well late in drafts. Didn't work this year.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: March 06, 2019, 05:26:03 AM »

Should've kept Zubac, instead of adding TyC.
Not that that necessarily impacted this year, but certainly a long term blunder.

The trade was Zub for Muscala.  Muscat's not bad but hasn't done bupkus for the Lakes yet.  But Zubac is a nice rim protector and can score inside.  Young guy (just 21) with a nice feel for the game.

Reportedly, Lakes wanted to get rid of Beasley (CLips simply waived him; no contract next year) and JaVale was unhappy Zu took his lunch money.  Lakes weren't sure about re-signing Zubac, but I would have worried about that over the Summer.  As I never tire of noting the C market is all a-glut, and C's aren't getting paid Big Money anymore unless they are Top 7 or so.  Bropez is making what, $4M or so.

Anywho, I like Zubac and as he gets more used to the NBA game, muscles up a little more, cuts down on fouls, he can become a real nice starting C.  Just 21.  Nice steal for Doc's Clips.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: March 06, 2019, 06:57:31 AM »

I know Durant to NYK is the rumor, but I don't see KD or any other lone FA choosing to come to the Knix.

Next year will be Durant age 31.  Still in his prime but on the downslope.  Even with a 2-star addition it's real hard to see the Knix competing for the East title next year.  But with Durant as the lone star addition (and the draftpick and minor tweaks), Knix just a Road playoff team.  Even in the two star model (let's say KD and Kyrie), it probably takes 2 to 3 years to be truly competitive.  Just adding KD means he is guaranteed of wasting 2-4 years towards the end of his career treading water in NY.  What's the point?   A lot of better team/Win Now options available for him. 

So basically Knix need to hit on 2 FA's.  Draw two cards to try to his on a straight flush. 

If anyone can make a case as to why Durant (or another single star) would come to NYK, I'd love to hear it . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: March 06, 2019, 08:30:33 AM »

Case has already been made all over the press.

Only KD knows.

I still say Fizdale is a deterrent.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: March 06, 2019, 08:47:25 AM »

Zubacka is not signed for next season.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Since the trade deadline
« Reply #4747 on: March 06, 2019, 12:08:38 PM »

Knicks have a better record than the Mavericks.

That's got to be the idea. Mavs can up their chances of keeping their pick to almost 40%.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: March 06, 2019, 12:10:09 PM »

Lakes weren't sure about re-signing Zubac, but I would have worried about that over the Summer.  As I never tire of noting the C market is all a-glut, and C's aren't getting paid Big Money anymore

Twas noted.

Re KD, why would he or any other single star come to an ultra-young Knick team?  I just don't see it at all.  Even two FA stars coming to NYK probably only means a Top 5 East team likely a few years away from genuine contention.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: March 06, 2019, 12:26:27 PM »

Odd ORL-PHI game.
Magic go on a nice run to get within 2 with 7 mins left.  Then an extended 3 minute sequence where both teams miss really easy shots (Simmons blows a putback right at the rim somehow).  Followed by another 2 minute sequence where everybody gets the ball poked away.  Twice a strip is followed by a re-turnover. 

Finally Butler asserts himself by making a pair of turnaround J's and stealing a pass.  Plus pokes away the ball when Vuc was posting him down deep.  Nice two-way game-winning work from Butler who only had 6 points going into the 4Q. 

Finally with 1 min left, Mike Scott bombs in a 3 to put PHI up 6.  Scott had spent most of the 4Q being a mistake player and I was surprised they left him in so long, while he was busy offensive fouling (x2), throwing a pass into the stands, blowing a defensive coverage, and airballing a 3.  One of those guys with talent and effort whose concentration seems iffy.  Be interesting to see how he does in the playoffs.  I favor Amir who is less flashy but solid on both ends.  I'm not sure how well his body parts are functioning but did see him rise up to oop an alley, or whichever way that works.

ORL has an interesting young team.  They really need a legit starting PG.  And someone who can get his own shot in crunch time.  Last few times I've seen them lately, they rely on Fournier when they need a basket.  He tries, but isn't as good as he thinks he is.  But a real PG would help down the stretch of what seems a lot of close ORL games.

Embiid was out for PHI.
But they kind of slog around sometimes and don't often seem to find a killer instinct.  Let teams hang around. 

I have TOR coming out of the East.  BOS has the talent, but Kyrie is a mopey/poor leader.  And if they remain in the 5 slot, it's going to be awfully hard to get through, especially if IND holds on to 3rd, so then  BOS would have to meet PHI, then MIL, followed by likely TOR.  That's a gauntlet, compounded by doing it on the road.  MIL doesn't have the experience, and I think the one-man show is more regular season than playoffs.  PHI will be a tough out, but also inexperienced and they can get into funks.  Also, teams can game plan Simmons in a series.  TOR
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: March 06, 2019, 08:33:59 PM »

FULTZIE leads Magic next year

Team option for 12.3 mil in '20-'21.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: March 06, 2019, 09:03:08 PM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: March 06, 2019, 10:42:47 PM »

Fultz, in theory.
Good trade/gamble for ORL.

Tuned in just before the half.
Uber in foul trouble.
Mud with a dirty 4 turnovers in 9 mins.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: March 06, 2019, 10:50:31 PM »

Trier loves to push off with the off arm.
For some reason they let that go this year.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: March 06, 2019, 11:30:19 PM »

Solid game from Uber.
18 & 4 + 2 steals in 28 mins.
Good offensive variety.
Popped a pair 3's.  A nice drive or two.  A baseline cut.
Trier too small to guard him.  Knox too inattentive.
Ube also has a nice block on Hellenson in the paint.
Missed the 1st half and his 1st 3 fouls, but I'd imagine they involved effort at least.

Knix guard play was terrible.  (maybe Dot excepted, I didn't see much of him really)
A well-deserved L.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:33:23 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 1849