Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1721 1722 [1723] 1724 1725 ... 2740

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 505830 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25830 on: April 10, 2022, 05:47:05 PM »

Right you are Deej.

If you think the trump tapes are bad, you should see the Murdoch tapes.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #25831 on: April 10, 2022, 06:20:58 PM »

Trump lost because he is racist against the Latinos and he offended the Mexicans, and Trump also offended the women with his "Grab them by the pussy" comment. Trump is racist, he is sexist, and Trump does not understand what America is all about.

Salute,

Tony V.

Well...first he won.  Then we prospered.  Then...

That was the only administration to cost Americans wealth and jobs while leaving them with more crime and shorter lifespans at the end of the day.

Since you have never prospered, it is reasonable to assume you do not actually know what prosper means.

LBJ left us with a war and riots in the streets, harding left us a depression and a world war. Biden looks weak and ineffective against Putin and in facing the immigration crisis.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25832 on: April 10, 2022, 07:36:34 PM »

Trump lost because he is racist against the Latinos and he offended the Mexicans, and Trump also offended the women with his "Grab them by the pussy" comment. Trump is racist, he is sexist, and Trump does not understand what America is all about.

Salute,

Tony V.

Well...first he won.  Then we prospered.  Then...

That was the only administration to cost Americans wealth and jobs while leaving them with more crime and shorter lifespans at the end of the day.

Since you have never prospered, it is reasonable to assume you do not actually know what prosper means.

LBJ left us with a war and riots in the streets, harding left us a depression and a world war. Biden looks weak and ineffective against Putin and in facing the immigration crisis.

The immigration crisis is about to really pick up steam as we start getting all of the people from Ukraine and from Russia. And the longer the crisis, the more desperate people we will be receiving. My advice is to buy cheap land in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and to build awesome Santorini, Greece, style apartment complexes, and the people can do trade with San Francisco. For the ones who want to study, they can go to college in Elko Nevada. And as we build we need to keep it nice, and with swimming pools and with tennis courts.

Canada is having a crisis and they do not know what to do, but the only answer is to build like crazy. Everyone can build their way out of this crisis.

And we need to make the immigrants legal, like Reagan did.

On the issue of Russia, we need to support our allies in Russia, and we need to have people to support after Putin is removed.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25833 on: April 10, 2022, 08:59:06 PM »

When I was young one of my heroes was Lee Iacocca, and I read his book on Leadership, and in his book he said that it is a blessing to be born poor, because then you appreciate wealth more, and you understand the blessing that money and success brings. If you were born poor then the hard work really seems all the more worthwhile after you achieve success. The success is sweeter if you were born poor.

Roy Rogers told me the same thing. He said that you need to go through the hard times so that you appreciate the good times.

The sad thing is that the percentage of poor people who become rich is far smaller than those who don't - and the folks who will tell you what a blessing growing up poor was are almost entirely those who are now wealthy.

And none of them chose to raise their children as poor kids, you might note.

Conversely, you might stop telling us how unfair it is that Rodgers' grandkids or great grandkids are poor, if it is such a blessing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #25834 on: April 10, 2022, 09:33:37 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/10/1091939065/trump-dr-oz-senate-pennsylvania

In case you thought American politics couldn't get any shallower. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25835 on: April 10, 2022, 10:06:28 PM »

The secret is to see poverty as being a blessing and rising above it, instead of letting it be a roadblock and stopping us from succeeding.

And I believe that we owe it to our children to give them the best life possible, including the best education and job training possible, etc. If you are poor, then the poor people still need to be able to go to college and succeed, but for the exceptional rich families then it seems to me to be an obligation that they experience the very best that the USA has to offer and then pay it back with some sort of public service.

( Lee Iacocca helped restore the Statue of Liberty, and he did other great things. )

In Sociology class they will teach you that people value what they are, the educated people value educations, and I think that in a nation where we the people rule our own nation that we need to have a highly educated population.

Dolly Parton is giving all of her workers a free education, Dolly is wonderful!

And Harvard is going to start giving free housing and free tuition, etc, to students from families earning under $75,000 per year.

I do not support making rich kids live like poor kids, but poverty is no excuse not to succeed. Poor people just need to work harder and they may need a little more luck and good fortune. ( I remember the poor children in Mexico whom I met on a mission with Youth For Christ, I wonder what their lives will amount to? I will help those poor children when I am able. And right now I can use my computer to suggest ideas to the World Bank, and locally to HUD, and to the SBA, etc, to try to help people. )

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 12:00:40 AM by FlyingVProd »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25838 on: April 11, 2022, 09:45:43 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #25839 on: April 11, 2022, 10:05:02 AM »

So after 800 posts, Red finally found the Ukraine war thread, and posted his thoughts on Justice KBJ. 

I'm moving that chat back here, if that works for y'all.

The whole RW narrative is designed to make the appointment look bad, but the narrative ignores certain facts. Biden promised to nominate a Black woman to the Supreme Court. The narrative that he somehow excluded others from consideration is premised on the notion that he didnt already have candidate(s) in mind, and wasnt aware of the top potential picks. Which is silly, since we know it to be false.

Saying I will nominate a black woman followed by searching for one, and running the risk that you do not have highly-qualified candidates so you pick one because youve backed yourself into a corner is what looks bad. But that is fiction.  KBJ was on the shortlist in 2016 because of her excellent qualifications.

And, again, choosing a particular ethnicity is done to be restorative for the Court as a whole.  Looking at the body of the Court, we see no major demographic is excluded, and who knows perhaps now it will be easier for, say, an Indigenous person to be seated of they have the credentials and character.  I think it would help to have ten year terms on the Court, to prevent ossification and allow more refreshment of perspectives as times change. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25841 on: April 11, 2022, 11:06:50 AM »

So after 800 posts, Red finally found the Ukraine war thread, and posted his thoughts on Justice KBJ. 

I'm moving that chat back here, if that works for y'all.

The whole RW narrative is designed to make the appointment look bad, but the narrative ignores certain facts. Biden promised to nominate a Black woman to the Supreme Court.
The only one whose reputation suffers is that of Biden and that was a given from the start of his politically managed search

A poll  finds President Joe Biden s  campaign trail vow to select a Black woman to fill a high-court vacancy without reviewing all potential candidates evokes a sharply negative reaction from voters.

-ABC/IPOS- January 30; 2022

« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 11:42:09 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25842 on: April 11, 2022, 11:47:30 AM »

Marjorie Taylor Greene accused Romney, Murkowski, and Collins of being "pro-pedophile" for their having voted to approve Judge Jackson for the Supreme Court.

Stupid and nasty, but also drawing comments from the comedians.

Jimmy Kimmel asked, "Where is Will Smith when you need him?"

Greene reported this to the Capitol Police as a threat of violence against her.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/04/10/jimmy-kimmel-marjorie-taylor-greene-acostanr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25843 on: April 11, 2022, 11:58:45 AM »

Mtg construes anyone taking an oath to serve, protect, and defend the Constitution as making a personal threat against her. Based on what she says and does, she is probably right to feel those oaths are a real threat to her freedom, livelihood, and world view.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25844 on: April 11, 2022, 01:09:44 PM »

Forbes has published its annual list of the richest people in the world.
America still leads the world, with 735 billionaires worth a collective $4.7 trillion, including Elon Musk, who tops the World Billionaires list for the first time. China (including Macau and Hong Kong) remains number two, with 607 billionaires worth a collective $2.3 trillion.

So what if we consumed all of the wealth of the USBillionaires, what would it pay for?

Well.
Build Back Better has a price tag of $4.6Trillion over 10 years( Actual Cost, not the lies Biden spread)
Medicare for All costs  $33 Trillion over  a decade
The national debt is $20 trillion
If the government wrote checks to everyone it would be about $14K per.

But the biggest lesson to learn, pointed out by the Wall Street Journal, is that the USA IRS
Tax rate defining the rich starts at 9 times the annual American salary of $ 52k or about $ 450k

In such idyllic welfare states (according to democrats) of, say  Sweden or Denmark, where the average salary is about $38K USD, the annual wage defining rich is around $42K.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 02:44:40 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 1721 1722 [1723] 1724 1725 ... 2740