Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3561 3562 [3563] 3564 3565 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1644634 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #53430 on: October 15, 2020, 05:29:50 PM »

I voted, by mail.

I cannot believe Proposition 16, they want to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which makes it illegal to use race as a factor when hiring someone for a job. Martin Luther King Jr and others marched and struggled to get the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is about equal opportunity for jobs. Then in 1968 they passed the Civil Rights Act of 1968 which is about equality for housing, they cannot ask you your race when you apply for an apartment, etc. Martin Luther King Jr and others marched and struggled for Civil Rights, and we must not go backwards.

And the same with education, race cannot be a factor, they should not ask your race when you go to school. We should all have an equal shot at the school of our choice.

Anyhow, I voted "NO" on Proposition 16. I support the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Salute,

Tony V.

Maybe because White males can no longer get jobs.
You know, like in Australia where  "Discrimination against While males will soon be encouraged in a bid to boost the status of women and cultural and religious minorities" (about a decade ago).

In America most of the construction/labour hire is 'non-White'?
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #53431 on: October 15, 2020, 05:35:21 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/15/sport/will-gadd-ice-climber-climate-change-spt-intl/index.html

"Big pieces of Kilimanjaro missing" says ice climber.

Can't worry about climate change anlymore...countries and their people now need to survive any way they can.
Cheap energy, people paying off debt instead of spending. People living on less, keeping cars longer, one present for kids at Christmas...back to days of old we go.
 People will be living in vans, caravans, and cars more instead of houses, with much fewer possessions.
Immigration will have to cease for a while, then resume at a much lower level.

Clean energy is cheaper than fossil fuels.

My Mother lives in the desert of Southern California, where it is extremely hot in the summer, she has a great air conditioner to cool her home but it was expensive to run, then she switched to solar power for her home, and now her bills are cheap, she is saving a lot of money by having solar panels on the roof of her home. She also has a swimming pool, so she has a good life.

Clean energy is now cheaper than fossil fuels.

But of course, natural gas is good for cooking, all great chefs love natural gas as opposed to electricity when it comes to cooking. So we all need natural gas piped to our homes for cooking.

And natural gas is a good bridge as we work our way to cleaner energy, natural gas is way better than coal, etc.

Anyhow, my Mother is saving a lot of money by using solar energy for her home.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #53432 on: October 15, 2020, 05:41:08 PM »

I voted, by mail.

I cannot believe Proposition 16, they want to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which makes it illegal to use race as a factor when hiring someone for a job. Martin Luther King Jr and others marched and struggled to get the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is about equal opportunity for jobs. Then in 1968 they passed the Civil Rights Act of 1968 which is about equality for housing, they cannot ask you your race when you apply for an apartment, etc. Martin Luther King Jr and others marched and struggled for Civil Rights, and we must not go backwards.

And the same with education, race cannot be a factor, they should not ask your race when you go to school. We should all have an equal shot at the school of our choice.

Anyhow, I voted "NO" on Proposition 16. I support the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Salute,

Tony V.

Maybe because White males can no longer get jobs.
You know, like in Australia where  "Discrimination against While males will soon be encouraged in a bid to boost the status of women and cultural and religious minorities" (about a decade ago).

In America most of the construction/labour hire is 'non-White'?

I do not support any discrimination when it comes to school, work, and housing. I support equal rights for everyone.

We need equal rights for all.

And I support business loans for women, but the men must also have access to business loans. I support equality for everyone.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53433 on: October 15, 2020, 05:54:03 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53434 on: October 15, 2020, 05:55:28 PM »

Have you messed around with cast iron on an induction range? No problems there. Batteries are still the big key. Glad your mom is in a good situation, Tony.

I voted yes on 16. We’ll see how that turns out. Hope you got Biden at the top of your ticket, for the sale of your immortal soul.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/15/1986820/--Last-night-felt-like-Christmas-Eve-Early-Democratic-voters-revel-in-chance-to-oust-Trump

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #53435 on: October 15, 2020, 05:59:29 PM »

China has stopped placing orders for Australian coal.

Time for retaliation by Australia.

Gee, people don't need as much coal anymore?! Go figure. Nobody could have seen that coming!

And I can see it now - you'll show them!

Tell me, again, how you punish China?!

And why! What have they done to you? Have they violated a contract or a treaty?

Or have they simply acknowledged the law of supply and demand and followed economics?

Why is your country's failure to look down the road China's fault?

They need coal...they're angry that Australia supported the "Covid 19 started in China" gang.
First it was the barley, then the beef , then tourism, then wine etc, now coal.

But their rhetoric clearly shows what game they're playing.
"Australia is nothing but gum under China's shoe"...with a large picture detailing.

Every night for a while there was a new insult being hurled at us by their ambassador. They then replaced him with some other guy.

Suspect some of it has to do with their free trade agreement with America...likely getting the coal, barley, beef etc from America instead...as was always going to happen, the pie only has so many slices.

What Australia could do:

. Deport all their diplomatic staff (having recalled all its own first).
. Ban the importation of all cars made in China.
Etc
Hurl some insults back at them, complete with large pictures.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53436 on: October 15, 2020, 06:17:30 PM »

Holy shit!

https://defector.com/some-shit-is-going-down-in-alaska-man/

Holy crap. Alaska is swapping with Arizona on my list of A states to avoid.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53437 on: October 15, 2020, 06:20:59 PM »

What Australia could do:

. Deport all their diplomatic staff (having recalled all its own first).
. Ban the importation of all cars made in China.
Etc
Hurl some insults back at them, complete with large pictures.

Retreat into your inland deserts. Cede the coasts and your fertile bits to the Chinese.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53439 on: October 15, 2020, 06:42:40 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53440 on: October 15, 2020, 06:44:37 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53441 on: October 15, 2020, 06:47:42 PM »

Senator Ben Sasse, a voice you will be hearing a lot of over the next couple of weeks.

http://journalstar.com/listen-ben-sasse-discusses-president-trump-in-response-to-constituents-question/video_f8707338-498d-53e1-9bb8-0624e137721f.html

I think there’s a really good question for trump tonight in there somewhere.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53442 on: October 15, 2020, 06:56:46 PM »

Biden is going to need two parallel governments, one to destroy trumpism and the republican party with the other to contain the pandemic and rebuild America. They are two sides of the same coin. One is impossible without the other.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #53443 on: October 15, 2020, 07:15:30 PM »

Best moments from the Amy Coney Barrett responses to stupid democrat questions about the Constitution:

Amy Klobuchar was ask­ing Judge Bar­rett about the hold of prece­dent, and iden­ti­fied Brown v. Board of Ed­u­ca­tion (1954) as “su­perpecedent” then asked if Roe v Wade is su­perprecedent?
Barrett’s response was a polite SAY WHAT?

“I’m an­swer­ing a lot of ques­tions about Roe, which I think in­di­cates that Roe doesn’t fall into that cat­e­gory.”

Sen. Dick Durbin asked why Bar­rett ruled in a 2019 case that states can­not strip Sec­ond Amend­ment rights from felons who’ve com­pleted their sentences with­out proof that they are dangerous but main­tained that felons can be stripped of vot­ing rights.
Bar­rett calmly explained that these rights are found in dif­fer­ent parts of the Con­sti­tu­tion and that the vot­ing rules are left to the states.
Durban then quickly moved on.

Either the Senators are Constitutional idiots or their staffs are.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #53444 on: October 15, 2020, 07:21:27 PM »

Would  a Constitutional scholar such as yourself deign to tell us ignoramuses what "superprecedent" actually is?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 3561 3562 [3563] 3564 3565 ... 4288