Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3560 3561 [3562] 3563 3564 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1610330 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: More dirty tricks
« Reply #53415 on: October 15, 2020, 02:31:04 PM »

So Rudy and Bannon are behind the Hunter Biden email story?
And pushed by the NY Post ...

Our guys are good.

Your guys got caught. Fucking up timestamps is pretty basic. Rudy will be very popular in prison, especially when other inmates realize that they can just pop his teeth out.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #53416 on: October 15, 2020, 03:01:43 PM »

http://youtu.be/uU0eK8xcJ8o

A lot of work still to do, but the door is open to a republican party small enough to drown in your bathtub.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53417 on: October 15, 2020, 03:24:04 PM »

http://youtu.be/D6gAUO86TuM

Chyna

From The Lincoln Project.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53418 on: October 15, 2020, 03:25:11 PM »

Sorry, Sunshine, this video reflects the failure of the Trump era.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sorry-sunshine-wrong-place-nz-022208522.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53419 on: October 15, 2020, 03:31:26 PM »

Republicans have added hundreds of thousands more voters to their ranks across the swing states of Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.

A Democratic strategist "who closely follows [voter registration] data on a day-to-day basis" revealed Republicans' advantage from a different angle in a privately circulated newsletter, Edsall reports. "Since last week, the share of white non-college over 30 registrations in the battleground states has increased by 10 points compared to September 2016, and the Democratic margin dropped 10 points to just 6 points," the strategist writes. "And there are serious signs of political engagement by white non-college voters who had not cast ballots in previous elections."

An army of Democrats should go to the polls in their towns and challenge these registrations. They may not be legit.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #53420 on: October 15, 2020, 03:33:49 PM »

Rudy G's kid

My dad is a cruel jerk and his buddy is a fascist asshole but there's time to stop the insanity, vote for Joe and Kamala"

Or words to that effect in a Vanity Fair article posted today

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/10/rudy-giulianis-daughter-on-voting-for-biden

I have a difficult confession—something I usually save for at least the second date. My father is Rudy Giuliani. We are multiverses apart, politically and otherwise. I’ve spent a lifetime forging an identity in the arts separate from my last name, so publicly declaring myself as a “Giuliani” feels counterintuitive, but I’ve come to realize that none of us can afford to be silent right now. The stakes are too high. I accept that most people will start reading this piece because you saw the headline with my father’s name. But now that you’re here, I’d like to tell you how urgent I think this moment is.

To anyone who feels overwhelmed or apathetic about this election, there is nothing I relate to more than desperation to escape corrosive political discourse. As a child, I saw firsthand the kind of cruel, selfish politics that Donald Trump has now inflicted on our country. It made me want to run as far away from them as possible. But trust me when I tell you: Running away does not solve the problem.

We have to stand and fight. The only way to end this nightmare is to vote. There is hope on the horizon, but we’ll only grasp it if we elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 03:37:11 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53421 on: October 15, 2020, 03:37:46 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53422 on: October 15, 2020, 03:45:25 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53423 on: October 15, 2020, 04:38:42 PM »

How did Fred Dean die?

Will anyone look into the particulars?  Was he protected?  Did he comingle unnecessarily?

No.  Just will list it as a COVID death.

Without looking at the reports detailing his death I would guess his death at age 68 could be the result of many factors consider8ng he was such a ferocious player.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53424 on: October 15, 2020, 04:43:42 PM »

http://youtu.be/uU0eK8xcJ8o

A lot of work still to do, but the door is open to a republican party small enough to drown in your bathtub.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #53425 on: October 15, 2020, 04:47:23 PM »

I voted, by mail.

I cannot believe Proposition 16, they want to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which makes it illegal to use race as a factor when hiring someone for a job. Martin Luther King Jr and others marched and struggled to get the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is about equal opportunity for jobs. Then in 1968 they passed the Civil Rights Act of 1968 which is about equality for housing, they cannot ask you your race when you apply for an apartment, etc. Martin Luther King Jr and others marched and struggled for Civil Rights, and we must not go backwards.

And the same with education, race cannot be a factor, they should not ask your race when you go to school. We should all have an equal shot at the school of our choice.

Anyhow, I voted "NO" on Proposition 16. I support the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53426 on: October 15, 2020, 04:51:03 PM »

I voted, by mail.

I cannot believe Proposition 16, they want to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which makes it illegal to use race as a factor when hiring someone for a job. Martin Luther King Jr and others marched and struggled to get the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is about equal opportunity for jobs. Then in 1968 they passed the Civil Rights Act of 1968 which is about equality for housing, they cannot ask you your race when you apply for an apartment, etc. Martin Luther King Jr and others marched and struggled for Civil Rights, and we must not go backwards.

And the same with education, race cannot be a factor, they should not ask your race when you go to school. We should all have an equal shot at the school of our choice.

Anyhow, I voted "NO" on Proposition 16. I support the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Salute,

Tony V.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #53427 on: October 15, 2020, 05:12:20 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/15/sport/will-gadd-ice-climber-climate-change-spt-intl/index.html

"Big pieces of Kilimanjaro missing" says ice climber.

Can't worry about climate change anlymore...countries and their people now need to survive any way they can.
Cheap energy, people paying off debt instead of spending. People living on less, keeping cars longer, one present for kids at Christmas...back to days of old we go.
 People will be living in vans, caravans, and cars more instead of houses, with much fewer possessions.
Immigration will have to cease for a while, then resume at a much lower level.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #53428 on: October 15, 2020, 05:20:55 PM »

Rudy G's kid

My dad is a cruel jerk and his buddy is a fascist asshole but there's time to stop the insanity, vote for Joe and Kamala"

Or words to that effect in a Vanity Fair article posted today

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/10/rudy-giulianis-daughter-on-voting-for-biden

I have a difficult confession—something I usually save for at least the second date. My father is Rudy Giuliani. We are multiverses apart, politically and otherwise. I’ve spent a lifetime forging an identity in the arts separate from my last name, so publicly declaring myself as a “Giuliani” feels counterintuitive, but I’ve come to realize that none of us can afford to be silent right now. The stakes are too high. I accept that most people will start reading this piece because you saw the headline with my father’s name. But now that you’re here, I’d like to tell you how urgent I think this moment is.

To anyone who feels overwhelmed or apathetic about this election, there is nothing I relate to more than desperation to escape corrosive political discourse. As a child, I saw firsthand the kind of cruel, selfish politics that Donald Trump has now inflicted on our country. It made me want to run as far away from them as possible. But trust me when I tell you: Running away does not solve the problem.

We have to stand and fight. The only way to end this nightmare is to vote. There is hope on the horizon, but we’ll only grasp it if we elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

Another reason to raise dogs instead of children.
You waste all that time, effort and money on kids, get no thanks whatsoever, and they do this sort of thing to you.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53429 on: October 15, 2020, 05:21:51 PM »

Beltway to Bill Barr:

“You’ll never work in this town again!”

Barr to every politician, Beltway media denizen and average every day folks.

“I’m surprised you let me back in considering the way I cleaned up after Iran-Contra... SUCKERS!

But since you did let the Most High hire me I have faithfully served my master and done his bidding with all diligence and devotion.

I regret nothing. I will serve my penitence in solemn and spiritual contemplation as I tighten my cilice as tightly as possible.... oh. Oh!”

Unfortunately, over the last year, Barr’s resentment toward rule-of-law prosecutors became increasingly difficult to ignore, as did his slavish obedience to Donald Trump’s will in his selective meddling with the criminal justice system in the Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn and Roger Stone cases. In each of these cases, Barr overruled career prosecutors in order to assist the president’s associates and/or friends, who potentially harbor incriminating information. This career bureaucrat seems determined to turn our democracy into an autocracy.

There is no other honest explanation for Barr’s parroting of the president’s wild and unsupported conspiracy theories regarding mail-in ballots (which have been contradicted by the president’s handpicked FBI director) and his support for the president’s sacking of the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, whose office used the thinnest of veils to postpone charging the president in a criminal investigation along with Michael Cohen (who pled guilty and directly implicated the president). It took federal Judge Alvin Hellerstein to stop Barr’s unprecedented “retaliatory” demands to silence the president’s former lawyer as a condition for staying out of jail.”

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/commentary/story/2020-10-14/william-barr-department-of-justice-doj
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 05:24:58 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3560 3561 [3562] 3563 3564 ... 4288