Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1980 1981 [1982] 1983 1984 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1644900 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #29715 on: March 24, 2020, 06:55:55 PM »

Meanwhile, it looks as if some doctors are hoarding the supposed cure, to the point of writing prescriptions for themselves and family members. It's so bad in some states that the government is taking action.

Why would they do that without any "evidence"?

Because it is possible, as was explained a dozen times here,  that chloroquine will pass randomized clinical trials as a useful measure against CV,  you stupid stupid pustulating posturing ass pimple.   No one here has denied that,  if it helps with lupus and RA and trypanosomes and plasmodia,  then maybe it could have therapeutic value,  you stupid posturing pustulating ass pimple.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29717 on: March 24, 2020, 07:53:24 PM »

I don't know what's wrong with their projections, but I do know what is wrong with their situation.

NYT: The peak of infection in New York could come as soon as two to three weeks, far earlier than previously anticipated, Mr. Cuomo said, which would put even bigger strain on the health care system than officials had feared.

“The apex is higher than we thought and the apex is sooner than we thought,” Mr. Cuomo said. “That is a bad combination of facts.”

The governor said the state now projects that it may need as many as 140,000 hospital beds to house virus patients, up from the 110,000 projected a few days ago. As of now, only 53,000 are available. Up to 40,000 intensive-care beds could be needed. “Those are troubling and astronomical numbers,” he said.

As of Tuesday morning, New York State had 25,665 cases, with at least 157 deaths. The state now accounts for nearly 7 percent of global cases tallied by The New York Times.

Some 13 percent of people who have tested positive were hospitalized as of Tuesday with nearly a quarter of those hospitalized in intensive care.

“That’s the problem,” Mr. Cuomo said. “As the number of cases go up, the number of people in hospital beds goes up, the number of people who need an I.C.U. bed and a ventilator goes up, and we cannot address that increasing curve.”
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29718 on: March 24, 2020, 08:07:03 PM »

You know what we need in these times? Love! Valor! Compassion! From the President, from Some Men or from A Man of No Importance.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

barton

« Reply #29719 on: March 24, 2020, 08:33:51 PM »

RIP Terrence McNally. 

I want to see a Sound of Music where the entire Von Trapp family dies in an authentic Alpine avalanche...   
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 08:37:22 PM by barton »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #29720 on: March 24, 2020, 08:43:37 PM »

Leader

Trump also sounded an unexpectedly magnanimous note: "I also want to thank Congress, because whether or not we're happy that they haven't quite gotten there yet, they have been working long hours. I'm talking Republicans and Democrats, all of them, the House, the Senate. I want to thank Congress because they are really trying to get there, and I think they will."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fauci-returns-to-coronavirus-briefing-as-trump-sees-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #29721 on: March 24, 2020, 08:49:16 PM »

This past Sunday, Fauci rejected attempts by journalists to drive a wedge between himself and the president. "The president was trying to bring hope to the people. I think there's this issue of [the media] trying to separate the two of us. There isn't fundamentally a difference there," Fauci said.

On Sunday, Fauci elaborated in a radio interview, saying media efforts to create a rift were "unfortunate

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29722 on: March 24, 2020, 09:29:26 PM »

Leader

Trump also sounded an unexpectedly magnanimous note: "I also want to thank Congress, because whether or not we're happy that they haven't quite gotten there yet, they have been working long hours. I'm talking Republicans and Democrats, all of them, the House, the Senate. I want to thank Congress because they are really trying to get there, and I think they will."

EASTER!

You are so far off the rails it is not even funny.

If Trump manages to pull back the isolation at or before Easter, it will be an unmitigated disaster, Kid. 19 days from now?

We're still getting new cases at 10k per day. We added a third to our "serious/critical" case load. The percentage of completed cases that end in death is currently 64.9%.

How can I convince you that that is a stupid, stupid idea and that it is going to take people like YOU, his constituency, to push back on it, since he cannot hear us "libtards" to save his life of yours?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29723 on: March 24, 2020, 09:35:02 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29724 on: March 24, 2020, 09:44:05 PM »

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/3/24/21192638/coronavirus-bill-gates-trump-reopen-business?fbclid=IwAR1VZw-l6vZJPxol8DqYv0O76KGQoIPIVTCT93Ay0ALsd_bbR6OwKjiA7Fg

Even Bill Gates thinks starting up before beating the virus is a bad idea, Kid!

And while he may not be a brilliant epidemiologist, I trust his read on the values more than I trust Trump's.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #29726 on: March 24, 2020, 09:47:57 PM »

Fear not, Mod.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/politics/trump-coronavirus-economy-back-to-work/index.html

Trump isn't the one who makes decisions about shuttering schools or sheltering in place. Those are calls made by governors of the states and, in some cases, local officials. Trump can say everyone needs to go back to work, but he can't make people go back to work. Governors can choose to lift their current guidance if they so desire -- but they are under absolutely no requirement to do so just because Trump says so

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #29727 on: March 24, 2020, 09:49:24 PM »

I do think the "2 years" comment by Trump is true - that some medical people would have us home bound for that long.

Meantime....

HOPE IS A DRUG

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29728 on: March 24, 2020, 09:54:27 PM »

I do think the "2 years" comment by Trump is true - that some medical people would have us home bound for that long.

Meantime....

HOPE IS A DRUG

Hope is better than the crack you are on. Trump offers no hope, only bullshit and self-interested bumbling.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29729 on: March 24, 2020, 09:58:14 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 1980 1981 [1982] 1983 1984 ... 4288