Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1789 1790 [1791] 1792 1793 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1652731 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #26850 on: January 28, 2020, 10:14:43 AM »

Yes we're seeing how ugly and logic-impaired the post-truth era can get.   Maria Bartiromo makes me want to remove the "bart" from my forum handle.   But no,  where would that madness end - famous doctor named Clara On?   Film titled "On Fink"?  A mischievous cartoon boy with only a last name?  Anarchist named Olomeo Vanzetti?  No,  the worthy Barts must carry on,  unstained and unbowed.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26851 on: January 28, 2020, 10:17:02 AM »

Yes we're seeing how ugly and logic-impaired the post-truth era can get.   Maria Bartiromo makes me want to remove the "bart" from my forum handle.   But no,  where would that madness end - famous doctor named Clara On?   Film titled "On Fink"?  A mischievous cartoon boy with only a last name?  Anarchist named Olomeo Vanzetti?  No,  the worthy Barts must carry on,  unstained and unbowed.

Ha!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26852 on: January 28, 2020, 10:18:33 AM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/01/trumps-defense-against-subpoenas/605635/

Trump’s defense can only be described as a steaming pile of shit.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26853 on: January 28, 2020, 11:33:48 AM »

---5-4 Supreme Court allows rule that could reshape legal immigration to take effect---

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/27/politics/supreme-court-immigration-public-charge/index.html

Just say no to anchor babies. Yes to housing and social programs for Americans first.

Kick out Barron Trump and his mom.
I don’t think you understand the specific ruling by the court.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26854 on: January 28, 2020, 12:27:03 PM »

No question they are already a public burden. Their family also has no money and very little prospect of legally earning any so a public charge they will remain.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #26855 on: January 28, 2020, 12:46:19 PM »

---SUPREME COURT
In 5-4 ruling, Supreme Court allows Trump plan to deny green cards to those who may need government aid
DHS said it would expand the definition of "public charge" to apply to people whose entry could be denied because of concern they would depend on federal assistance.---

Too many American citizens are fighting for homes, jobs, and social programs. Mainly veterans and the elderly.

The liberal elite are outraged. No cheap nannies, drug dealers, and body parts in parks.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #26856 on: January 28, 2020, 01:02:15 PM »

Too many American citizens are fighting for homes, jobs, and social programs. Mainly veterans and the elderly.

The elderly are fighting for jobs?  Tell me more.  I assume all these old folks are out there, doing battle with immigrants for positions on roofing crews, construction crews, meatpacking plants, backbreaking agrarian fieldwork, and so on.  We need citations here, so that we can share your concern and fire up our Outrage Machines!  Let grandpa nail down those shingles and pick those strawberries, godammit! 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 01:03:57 PM by barton »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #26857 on: January 28, 2020, 01:23:44 PM »

Elderly are fighting for housing, social programs and sometimes low paying part-time jobs.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #26858 on: January 28, 2020, 01:34:06 PM »

Pompeo is an absolute human turd.  Yet another guy who's life path ran through Wichita and stayed there too long.   
You remember when Trump promised to get ‘the very best’ people for his administration? As per usual with Trump, the result ended up 180 degrees opposite. Good people won’t work with Trump. No one with any sence of honor or self respect can exist around Trump. Nor does he want that sort of person around him. Trump wants sleaze bags and social climbers around him. Those are the kind of people he has interacted with his entire adult life. Those are the kind of people he understands, and he will thus be in a position to dominate them since he knows their greed so well. In Trump’s world there are no good people and bad people, there are only winners and losers (him being the greatest winner among them all—the man with the most, the greatest, the biggest pile).

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26859 on: January 28, 2020, 01:37:25 PM »

---5-4 Supreme Court allows rule that could reshape legal immigration to take effect---

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/27/politics/supreme-court-immigration-public-charge/index.html

Just say no to anchor babies. Yes to housing and social programs for Americans first.

I don’t think you understand... anything.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26860 on: January 28, 2020, 01:40:41 PM »

I don’t think you understand... anything.
I was right.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26861 on: January 28, 2020, 01:53:06 PM »

I was right.

Then you left the womb and it never ever happened again.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26862 on: January 28, 2020, 01:56:00 PM »

According to Bolton, Barr makes a strong bribery case against trump as it relates to his official acts being inextricably linked to numerous illegal transactions in Turkey and China.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26863 on: January 28, 2020, 02:06:49 PM »

Jay Sekulow really showing hs ass today.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26864 on: January 28, 2020, 02:24:33 PM »

The elderly are fighting for jobs?  Tell me more.  I assume all these old folks are out there, doing battle with immigrants for positions on roofing crews, construction crews, meatpacking plants, backbreaking agrarian fieldwork, and so on.  We need citations here, so that we can share your concern and fire up our Outrage Machines!  Let grandpa nail down those shingles and pick those strawberries, godammit!
Remember the good old days when the right used to argue they were not racist or.xenophobic? "We are only against ILLEGAL immigrants! We support legal immigration!"

It was bull shit then. I am glad they have dropped the pretext.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 1789 1790 [1791] 1792 1793 ... 4288