Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2806 2807 [2808] 2809 2810 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1648605 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #42105 on: July 09, 2020, 11:36:10 PM »

Juan  Williams says Trump 'really came out on top' in Supreme Court ruling on tax documents

But Ward? Williams said it was "a "short-term" victory for the president and his reelection efforts." He didn't say it was a triumph.

You are the only one using the word triumph.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:50:57 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #42106 on: July 09, 2020, 11:50:24 PM »

Looks like Joe has decided to go big...

“All in all, on the right track,” Columbia University economics professor Jeffrey Sachs wrote in an email to The Post. Sachs supported Sanders for president and now backs Biden.
Biden’s new platform focuses heavily on using the power of the federal government to promote a U.S. domestic manufacturing base. The $400 billion procurement initiative would be spread over four years to spur demand for American products and services, as would the $300 billion investment in research and breakthrough technologies. Half of the $300 billion would go to clean-energy initiatives and were previously announced.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-releases-700-billion-plan-to-spur-american-economy/2020/07/09/f51b846c-c173-11ea-b178-bb7b05b94af1_story.html

Looking forward to the health care initiative... especially now he’s brought Liz and Bernie into the fold.

“The problem is that plans like [Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s] and [former Vice President Joe Biden’s], they are an improvement,” Warren said. “But they’re a small improvement. And that’s why it is they cost so much less.”

Sen. Elizabeth Warren — 1/14/2020

Joe went smart- as posted several times in our conversations, infrastructure and jobs would be the smart way to start a winning long-term Dem-Biden agenda.

No one can get upset with infrastructure spending and job creation in the middle of a recession with no end in sight.

Infrastructure/jobs, fix O-Care, fix EPA get a little greener, rebuild government agecies and fight the Russians.

Don't fuck-up '20 '22 and '24

Keep it simple stupid.

A snippet from one of our chats a week or so ago

I'll talk about fixing EPA and building a consensus for a greener America, but that will not be a centerpiece. Nor will I focus on soaking coprorations with higher taxes in the middle of a recession. I do not want to kill a recovery. I will talk about rebuilding America, infrastructure, jobs, bailing out the revenue starved states, fixing O-Care/healthcare so the motherfucking Repubs can never fuck it up again, and I'd get tough with the motherfuckinfg Russians who are our fucking enemy and are not be trusted. China is more nuanced, but i'd work to normalize and control that relationship and drop the stupid fucking tarriffs, as they are really only a tax on us.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:01:03 AM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42107 on: July 10, 2020, 12:16:09 AM »

Juan  Williams says Trump 'really came out on top' in Supreme Court ruling on tax documents

The key thing here for the president in the short term is that his taxes will not likely be out in public before the November election," Williams said.

Because trump is a fucking crook in a manner and to an extent that makes him completely unelectable.

The implication is that he needs to be removed and remanded until we can figure out “what the hell is going on”.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42108 on: July 10, 2020, 12:31:23 AM »

White people who never owned slaves should not have to pay reparation to people who never were slaves.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 01:01:20 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42109 on: July 10, 2020, 12:32:30 AM »

But Ward? Williams said it was "a "short-term" victory for the president and his reelection efforts." He didn't say it was a triumph.

You are the only using the word triumph.

"the only using..." I am sure that is true.

I said "a triumph," making it clear that I was using a noun. (Since you had a hard time knowing which part of speech I used, recently.)

Which definition would you suggest, Ward?!

Definition of triumph (Entry 1 of 2)
1a: a victory or conquest by or as if by military force
b: a notable success
the party was a triumph
2: the joy or exultation of victory or success
3: a ceremony attending the entering of Rome by a general who had won a decisive victory over a foreign enemy
— compare OVATION sense 1

You quoted a headline, which took the phrase out of context:
"Although we saw him [earlier Thursday] with his hands across his chest looking defensively and talking about Obama and witch hunts, I think if you’re looking at it politically ... he really came out on top in terms of the Congress not having immediate access to the records," he added.

Yeah, there is no triumph by any definition, and no cause for celebration, which is why you did not see Trump celebrating.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42110 on: July 10, 2020, 12:34:40 AM »

White people who never owned slaves should not have to pay reparation to people who never were slaves.

White people who have no ancestors they are aware of who were slaves and who live in a society that benefits from the past labor of slaves, but who think they don't should wake up and get half a clue.

But since you are an admitted racist, there is no risk of your doing so.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42111 on: July 10, 2020, 12:38:56 AM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42112 on: July 10, 2020, 12:41:52 AM »

White people who have no ancestors they are aware of who were slaves and who live in a society that benefits from the past labor of slaves, but who think they don't should wake up and get half a clue.

But since you are an admitted racist, there is no risk of your doing so.

The govt should be paying reparation if anyone.

What next, a tax on white people for being white?
Go woke, go broke.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #42113 on: July 10, 2020, 12:47:39 AM »

I said "a triumph," making it clear that I was using a noun. (Since you had a hard time knowing which part of speech I used, recently.)

I quoted Juan Williams, not a headline.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42114 on: July 10, 2020, 12:51:51 AM »

If there's going to be a White tax...don't laugh, the way things are going today it's entirely possible.
People like Obama would only have to pay 50%.

If Trump is not re-elected and the Marxist left take power, anything could happen.

Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #42115 on: July 10, 2020, 01:08:33 AM »

You, simple piece of meat shit, should never own anything. You are a simple complete bastard. You should do nothing until you die.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #42116 on: July 10, 2020, 01:51:30 AM »

Okay, you quoted him out of context.

I can accept that correction, Ward.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #42118 on: July 10, 2020, 02:02:38 AM »

Okay, you quoted him out of context.

I can accept that correction, Ward.
LMAO!

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2806 2807 [2808] 2809 2810 ... 4288