Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1658293 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2385 on: September 12, 2018, 01:44:12 PM »

But no, the ump escalated the shit because HE was gonna show the GOAT who was in charge, despite the fact he and everyone else in women’s tennis gets exponentially more money on the tour because of the Williams sisters.

Well, no - he was going to umpire the match.

So the buck stops with him. He is control of the match. I agree.

Trump takes the blame for fucking up the relief efforts in Puerto Rico, because he is in charge.

I have no problem with Serena getting docked. I have no problem with her being defeated by a better player on that day.

I have a problem with women held to a different standard than their male peers. I agree with the Head of the Baldwin school’s perspective.

It is precisely why I sent my youngest daughter to a private Independent all girls school.
Today she is a fierce leader and outspoken advocate for children and their families.

He was in control of the match.

She wasn't.

Interesting, though, Larry, when Serena knew she was wrong she injected her daughter into the discussion. Now, you've done the same.

That's your thing. No matter the topic, eventually it's all about----YOU.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: September 12, 2018, 01:58:39 PM »

But no, the ump escalated the shit because HE was gonna show the GOAT who was in charge, despite the fact he and everyone else in women’s tennis gets exponentially more money on the tour because of the Williams sisters.

Ever notice that for some people authority is always right and power never abused?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: September 12, 2018, 02:00:12 PM »

NEWS ITEM

Middle-class income rose to the highest recorded levels in 2017 and the national poverty rate declined as the benefits of the strong economy lifted the fortunes of more Americans, the U.S. Census reported Wednesday.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: September 12, 2018, 02:09:02 PM »

Ever notice that for some people authority is always right and power never abused?

It’s a feature shared by followers of self-interested incompetent duplicitous leaders and proponents of bad ideas.

Red, thanks for pointing out that the Obama economy hadn’t died in 2017. It’s a good reason to elect Democrats up and down the ballot.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: September 12, 2018, 02:10:21 PM »

Trump takes the blame for fucking up the relief efforts in Puerto Rico, because he is in charge.

I have no problem with Serena getting docked. I have no problem with her being defeated by a better player on that day.

I have a problem with women held to a different standard than their male peers. I agree with the Head of the Baldwin school’s perspective.

It is precisely why I sent my youngest daughter to a private Independent all girls school.
Today she is a fierce leader and outspoken advocate for children and their families.

And I would assume that your daughter, secure in the knowledge that Team Serena broke the rules, would agree that Serena should bear the consequences of her actions.

Real leaders with real strength take responsibility for their actions. And its why Trump can't.

The ump could have given Serena a private warning and told her next time that guy signals it better be for a hot dog and coke, or you're getting docked a point.

But to let her slide after her public tantrum earned her the  penalties.

The ump was in control, Serena was not.

To make this issue about anything other than the rules of the game is misguided and sends the wrong message.

You play by the rules.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: September 12, 2018, 02:15:56 PM »

NEWS ITEM

Middle-class income rose to the highest recorded levels in 2017 and the national poverty rate declined as the benefits of the strong economy lifted the fortunes of more Americans, the U.S. Census reported Wednesday.
Thanks Obama!
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: September 12, 2018, 03:37:09 PM »

And I would assume that your daughter, secure in the knowledge that Team Serena broke the rules, would agree that Serena should bear the consequences of her actions.

Real leaders with real strength take responsibility for their actions. And its why Trump can't.

The ump could have given Serena a private warning and told her next time that guy signals it better be for a hot dog and coke, or you're getting docked a point.

But to let her slide after her public tantrum earned her the  penalties.

The ump was in control, Serena was not.

To make this issue about anything other than the rules of the game is misguided and sends the wrong message.

You play by the rules.

Agree with all of this.

Umpires hitting back, now. They may boycott her matches.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/umpires-may-boycott-serena-williams-matches-after-outburst-at-us-open-final-fwgv97swz
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: September 12, 2018, 04:44:39 PM »

Trump has done more in 2 years than Obama did in 8.

Yup!

More golf trips.

More increase in the federal deficit.

More tariffs on our allies.

More kids kidnapped.

More legal asylum seekers denied their rights under the law.

More effective EPA regulations removed.

More places polluted.

More people's health at risk.

More civil rights violations ignored.

More hate crimes committed.

And more personal profit from being president.

He has so much to be proud of.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: September 12, 2018, 04:47:24 PM »

Just under 10 million taken out of Response and Recovery from FEMA to give to ICE for the building of detention centers for immigrant children. This as a Cat 4 record breaking hurricane heads for the Carolinas. After Puerto Rico, Hawaii.

The 'unindicted co-conspirator' says today,
"I think that Puerto Rico was an incredible, unsung success."

4000 Americans dead.

"A+"!

Judging someone's hard work by who died is beyond ridiculous

But judging their lack of hard work that way seems reasonable.

I already answered your question about what could have been done differently.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: September 12, 2018, 05:00:18 PM »

9/11...

More Muslim terrorists slaughtering innocents in the Christian West.
Donald Trump understands, and has banned immigration and travel to the USA from certain Muslim countries.
Every little bit helps.

He obviously subscribes to; "If they're not on your soil, ...they can't blow you up, run you down, hijack your plane, or hack your head off"

Wise man. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: September 12, 2018, 05:01:00 PM »

Pick one

Natural disasters kill people.  Fact.

You pick one, kiidcarter8, as the question was asked of you.  What metric are you using to evaluate the response, the "hard work" you speak of?

Not a metric.  Common sense.

FEMA was stretched.  We got crushed as a nation.

FEMA didnt have enough available employees that speak Spanish - is one thing I have heard.  But then again - if PR wants to be the 51st state maybe they should learn English.

Puerto Rico's leadership and infrastructure is appalling. 

Does anyone still need bottled water?  Its there.  Now - can it be distributed without truckers from the mainland donating their rigs and their time?

No?

No?

Yeah.  Has to be Trump's fault.

I posted:
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s report issued Tuesday said FEMA struggled with a record year for disasters on the mainland and Puerto Rico. Overall, the agency failed to adequately house disaster victims, distribute financial assistance in a timely fashion or do enough to prevent fraud.
the response was also hindered by FEMA’s lack of adequately trained staff -- including those who speak Spanish -- the report found.

“FEMA did not have enough bilingual employees to communicate with local residents or translate documents,” the GAO wrote, which “resulted in further delays while staff were reshuffled from other disasters to Puerto Rico.”

or
According to FEMA’s leadership, some of the personnel sent to the island weren’t physically able to handle the extreme environment.
In July, FEMA released its own report on its response to last year’s disasters, and the policy changes the agency was making as a result. Tuesday’s report said it’s “too soon to assess the adequacy of these actions as part of this review and whether the actions will have the intended impact.”

I added Trump's failure to send the military in on a more timely basis.

You, Kiid?

You respond with the one line about Spanish so you can complain about their not speaking English, while ignoring almost everything else.

You excuse the bottom-of-the-barrel folks as "FEMA was stretched." FEMA's last team out is supposed to be able to do the job, Kiid. Their being UNFIT to do the job is not about being stretched. It is about a combination of poor management in hiring and poor management in determining who to send where.

You chose to not mention the failure of FEMA to be able to distribute funds on a timely basis. That doesn't require Spanish. It doesn't require physical fitness. It requires COMPETENCE, which FEMA was lacking - and which your reasoning is apparently lacking, too.

You flatly blow past Trump's failure to send the troops in 10 days earlier. Why? Because it doesn't fit your narrative of "people die. Fact." when trying to excuse Trump.

It IS Trump's fault that he failed to act faster. HE is responsible for some of those deaths, whether you like it or not. We don't know how many.

Like I said, Kiid, I will take the GAO's word for it and FEMA's word for it over yours.

Yours is full of shit.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: September 12, 2018, 05:04:28 PM »

9/11...

Donald Trump understands, and has banned immigration and travel to the USA from certain Muslim countries.
Every little bit helps.

He obviously subscribes to; "If they're not on your soil, ...they can't blow you up, run you down, hijack your plane, or hack your head off"

You do understand, Bambi, that there is this amazing thing... airports exist in countries other than those few he has temporarily blocked, some of which are the countries that actually have had folks kill US citizens here.

Look up the term "security theater." (theatre to you)

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: September 12, 2018, 05:07:41 PM »

9/11...

Every little bit helps.

You do understand, Bambi, that there is this amazing thing... airports exist in countries other than those few he has temporarily blocked, some of which are the countries that actually have had folks kill US citizens here.

Look up the term "security theater." (theatre to you)

Yes I know.
But sometimes [like I tell mrs bambu], "you can only get what you can get".

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: September 12, 2018, 05:09:34 PM »

When a complete fucking moron calls someone a “wise man” it’s very likely he is talking about another fucking moron.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: September 12, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »

"Lady Sarah Ashley" in the movie "Australia":

"Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be"

_________

Not happy with the way things are?
Then complain, write a letter...never know your luck;

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/schoolgirl-10-forces-kelloggs-to-change-sexist-wording-on-boxes-of-coco-pops-after-writing-to-cereal-giant-to-complain-about-approved-by-mums-tag-line/ar-BBNdXUn?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

Schoolgirl, 10, forces Kellogg's to change 'sexist' wording on boxes of Coco Pops after writing to cereal giant to complain about 'approved by mums' tag line

A schoolgirl managed to force Kellogg's to change the wording of its new advertising campaign after she wrote to complain about it being 'sexist'.
Hannah-Marie Clayton, 10, did not approve of the new Coco Pops slogan 'Loved by kids, approved by mums'.

She thought it was unfair because 'dads can make breakfast too' and it might be 'upsetting for people who don't have a mum'.
So when her parents Anne-Marie, 48 and James, 47, told her to write and complain - that's exactly what she did.

Her letter to the cereal giant was so convincing that Coco Pops boxes will now read 'Approved by parents' and be on the shelves in the near future.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 05:26:20 PM by bambu-wisdom »
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 4288