Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1643218 times)

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19110 on: August 21, 2019, 01:20:31 PM »

This bigot was fired from government job:Jeffrey Dye was hired in February for a $56,000-a-year taxpayer-funded job as a business representative in the state Department of Labor.

But multiple news reports surfaced over the last 24 hours drawing attention to Dye’s Facebook page, drawing heavy criticism from Murphy allies and a call from the head of state Republican Party for the Democratic governor to fire the employee.

Angela Delli Santi, a spokeswoman for the labor department, said in a statement that Dye “is no longer employed” by the department. Delli Santi clarified that Dye was terminated.

Murphy’s office declined to comment.

Dye is also president of Passaic’s chapter of the NAACP.

In one instance, Dye — who frequently writes about black empowerment — posted a meme calling it a “damn shame” and a “disgrace” that the U.S. government sends aid to Israel.

In another, he slammed the Passaic school board for refusing to name a school after African American educator and activist Sallie Gamble while naming schools after foreign leaders “like dogs pissing on their territory.”

In another, he remarked on the recent scandal involving former New Jersey Schools Development Authority Lizette-Delgado stepping down over allegations of patronage, accusing her of “hiring all Latino family members and friends and excluding black people.”

New Jersey Globe first reported on Dye’s Facebook posts. Some of the ones cited have been deleted from his page.

Politico New Jersey said it also viewed some of the posts. The website said one post accused Israel of sterilizing Ethiopian Jewish immigrants without informing them. “Ya’ll keep thinking these people are harmless against blacks,” Dye wrote, according to the website.

Dye wrote in another post that “Jews use a Willie Lynch technique to divide and conquer blacks and black and Latino people for power.”

That refers to William Lynch, a plantation owner who reportedly delivered a speech in 1712 in Virginia on how to control slaves.

In another, he wrote that “the black holocaust has been & continues to be the worst of them all even though white media wants to make you think it’s the Jews.”

https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/08/murphy-administration-staffer-fired-after-anti-semitic-facebook-posts-surface.html
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:55:45 PM by HamiltonIII »

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #19111 on: August 21, 2019, 01:27:26 PM »

Baron Trump is an anchor baby, isn't he?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19112 on: August 21, 2019, 01:49:09 PM »

Baron Trump is an anchor baby, isn't he?

No, he would have been a US citizen wherever he was born, assuming Donald is really his father.

On the other hand, Melania's parents are chain migration in action, coming through somebody who was originally here illegally.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19113 on: August 21, 2019, 02:03:04 PM »

https://theweek.com/speedreads/860276/trump-chosen

As Trump put it, when it comes to dealing with China's trade practices, "somebody had to do it." He then added "I am the chosen one" as he looked up to the sky.

Or if you prefer:
https://theweek.com/speedreads/860203/trump-tweets-quote-saying-israeli-jews-love-like-second-coming-god

“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....

.....all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow!

Self-aggrandizing, pompous, deluded, bloviating asshole.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19114 on: August 21, 2019, 02:03:46 PM »

Trump kicks ass today

May have heard Obama was being mentioned here - joined in the fun.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #19115 on: August 21, 2019, 02:06:34 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/08/21/trump-administration-proposes-indefinite-detention-migrant-children/2068163001/?fbclid=IwAR3INXsdigLMYdSd8I1-JLDubDM6q81wkgwFEEnUdciWEBmWK7cI_oSaBk8

Let's stop all pretense that the US government in its current formation has a shred of moral integrity.

Only way to stop anchor baby onslaught and chain migration? Would still be preferable to be held in US, to morbid conditions in Central American countries to many prospective migrants. Many legal questions. Moral integrity means defending the laws?

---Bernie Sanders releases plan to double union membership as Democrats fight for labor support---

At least a dem candidate remembers that there is more in the world than cheap nannies and air pollution. HRC forgot the blue collar guy and lost.

There is no "anchor baby onslaught," even when you use slurs.

"Moral integrity means defending the laws?"

So, you're one of the people who thinks Dred Scott was a moral decision? That locking up a man for 20 years for possession of pot (without intention to sell being asserted) is moral because it was "defending the laws?"

Your moral compass is broken. Badly broken.

Yes better laws than mangods. Without laws you have chaos and Ayatollahs. Laws are changing with the times being anti-Trump should not mean being a US loather. He is right on a few things. To me immigration and helping the Vets. Not so good on the economy, social services, and decorum.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19116 on: August 21, 2019, 02:07:38 PM »

Danish PM says she is SHOCKED that US is not coming

heh - really?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19117 on: August 21, 2019, 02:17:58 PM »

heh - really?
Well, yes, she should not be shocked that current President behaves.like a.petulant whining spoiled brat when someone tells him no, but really is still objectively shocking.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #19118 on: August 21, 2019, 02:19:14 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/08/17/southern-poverty-law-center-hate-groups-scam-column/2022301001/

While I was missing lunch, a crime scene played out in the office lobby below me. My coworker and friend Leo wasn’t armed, but he had played the quick-thinking and inadvertent hero, disarming a young man on a mission to kill me and as many of my colleagues as possible. The gunman had packed his backpack with ammo and 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches — later admitting that he had planned to smear them on our lifeless faces as a political statement. Leo took a bullet in the arm but managed to hold the attacker until law enforcement arrived.

I wrote and edited for the Family Research Council, a public advocacy organization that promoted the principles I have cared about since childhood: protecting the family, promoting the dignity of every human life and advocating for religious liberty. It reads like a tagline, but it’s also just what I believed and the way I chose to match my career with my convictions.

I never expected that everyone would celebrate or share my beliefs. But I did expect to be able to discuss and debate these differences without becoming a political target in an act of terrorism, the first conviction under Washington, D.C.’s 2002 Anti-Terrorism Act.

The Southern Poverty Law Center labeled us a 'hate group'

It was the type of violent incident that one could expect a group that purportedly monitors “hate,” like the Southern Poverty Law Center, to notice, research and decry. In fact, we were on the center’s radar but for all the wrong reasons. The assailant acknowledged later in FBI testimony that he had selected our office precisely because the SPLC had labeled my employer a “hate group.”

It has always been easier to smear people rather than wrestle with their ideas. It’s a bully who calls names and spreads lies rather than thoroughly reading a brief’s legal arguments or challenging the rationale underlying a policy proposal. The SPLC has chosen to take the easy path — to intimidate and mislead for raw political power and financial benefit.

For years, former employees revealed, local journalists reported and commentators have lamented: The Southern Poverty Law Center is not what it claims to be. Not a pure-hearted, clear-headed legal advocate for the vulnerable, but rather an obscenely wealthy marketing scheme. For years, the left-wing interest group has used its “hate group” list to promote the fiction that violent neo-Nazis and Christian nonprofits peacefully promoting orthodox beliefs about marriage and sex are indistinguishable. Sometimes, it has apologized to public figures it has smeared, and it recently paid out millions to settle a threatened defamation lawsuit.

These shameful secrets are no longer hidden in shadows. The New York Times, Politico, NPR and a host of other mainstream publications are reporting on the corruption and widening credibility gap...

Bigots come in disguise, often.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19119 on: August 21, 2019, 02:27:16 PM »

Greenland is in talks with Putin about buying the United States. Putin is a motivated seller due to the accelerating depreciation and uncontrollable infestation of white rats.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19120 on: August 21, 2019, 03:09:42 PM »

heh - really?
Well, yes, she should not be shocked that current President behaves.like a.petulant whining spoiled brat when someone tells him no, but really is still objectively shocking.

Why go, given the current atmosphere?

"Well, it was scheduled" is not enough of an answer.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19121 on: August 21, 2019, 03:13:09 PM »

heh - really?

Why go, given the current atmosphere?

"Well, it was scheduled" is not enough of an answer.
You mean the current atmosphere Trump created?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

barton

« Reply #19122 on: August 21, 2019, 03:54:56 PM »

There is something surreally funny about a foreign policy tactic that can be summed up as "you sell me some of your territory or I won't come to tea."   Yeah, 2009 me would probably think 2019 me was being a smartass to avoid time paradoxes. 

BTW, Bob Odenkirk does some droll Trumpian parody in "Long Shot."   But Trump parodies himself better than anyone else ever could.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19123 on: August 21, 2019, 04:12:52 PM »

Actually, how hard would it take to get Greenland the old-fashioned way?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

barton

« Reply #19124 on: August 21, 2019, 04:15:19 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/08/17/southern-poverty-law-center-hate-groups-scam-column/2022301001/

I wrote and edited for the Family Research Council, a public advocacy organization that promoted the principles I have cared about since childhood: protecting the family, promoting the dignity of every human life and advocating for religious liberty. It reads like a tagline, but it’s also just what I believed and the way I chose to match my career with my convictions....

The Southern Poverty Law Center labeled us a 'hate group'...

It has always been easier to smear people rather than wrestle with their ideas. It’s a bully who calls names and spreads lies rather than thoroughly reading a brief’s legal arguments or challenging the rationale underlying a policy proposal. The SPLC has chosen to take the easy path — to intimidate and mislead for raw political power and financial benefit. ...

Bigots come in disguise, often.

Some context, besides this column, may be useful:

The SPLC did not arrive at the hate group designation lightly.  In their report of their investigation of the FRC, they cited a 1999 publication by FRC, Homosexual Activists Work to Normalize Sex With Boys, which stated: "one of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the 'prophets' of a new sexual order."

This is the group the column author belongs to, and the anti-gay message she endorses in her "promoting the dignity" of all human life.  Hmm.   So linking gay men to pedophilia is not meant to fan the flames of homophobic hatred?   Just nice god-fearin' folk minding their own business? 

The SPLC was correct in its listing of FRC.  That doesn't mean they supported a violent attack on the FRC (in fact, they condemned it), nor does it mean they were saying all hate groups are precisely equivalent to neo-Nazis. 

It's this column you quoted, Ham, that's the real smear tactic.
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 4288