Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3405 3406 [3407] 3408 3409 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1643700 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51090 on: September 22, 2020, 09:29:39 PM »

Re:  football picks

I am sure now that they have been shown their error in the other forum, one of Josh/Bank will post their revision here - .

I ask for no apology.  We move on.  Perfection is boring as hell anyway, Bank.  And life - you guessed it - its own reward (read:  lighten up on needing to correct people)

I made a mistake,  for some reason I had you on the Browns -6.

kid if you had answered my question to ID your 7 winners this bullshit could have been avoided.

But you thought calling me an asshole was a wise course to follow.

You're still a liar and troll, and can't be trusted,

But in this instance, I made a mistake.

It took kid 9 hours to clear up an issue that he could have addressed immediately, when asked to ID his winners.

But rather than transparency, he thought calling me an asshole was the better course for him to follow.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51091 on: September 22, 2020, 09:33:29 PM »

Say his name.

Officer shot in femoral artery defends actions

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/us/louisville-police-breonna-taylor/index.html

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #51092 on: September 22, 2020, 09:34:48 PM »

Also speak out against people who peddle falsehoods about Justice Ginsburg and her deathbed wishes.
What were her deathbed wishes according to you?

lean corn-beef on rye with mustard

It's like you read my mind.
So there were none .
Thanks 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #51093 on: September 22, 2020, 09:41:40 PM »

Red takes his corn-beef on white with mayo.

According to RBG's grand-daughter, Rurhie's choice was Trump would not name her successor.

“My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed,”

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51094 on: September 22, 2020, 09:41:54 PM »

Say his name.

Officer should have knocked. While he recuperates from his injury he can contemplate his new career. Maybe he can go into nursing now he can’t cop anymore.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51097 on: September 22, 2020, 10:48:27 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/22/trump-barrett-lagoa-supreme-court-420045

Team Biden can go hard after whichever faction gets dissed.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51098 on: September 22, 2020, 10:55:19 PM »

Say his name.

This guy is bad police.

“Regardless of the outcome today or Wednesday, I know we did the legal, moral and ethical thing that night. It's sad how the good guys are demonized, and criminals are canonized,"

Taken out of context that quote would make you think all the bad shit said about cops is true in Mattingly’s case and that he’s a royal asshole.

But taken in it’s full context within the entire letter it makes you think all the bad shit said about cops is true in Mattingly’s case and that he’s a fucking asshole.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51099 on: September 22, 2020, 11:57:27 PM »

https://t.co/aKe5P4YFbY?fbclid=IwAR0riGNDSjncr9JJD-IXqCAEcDxpHvaT0EucA5gH9p75bsVASsnicqK9NSk

One of the folks on Trump's list is a member of the group that inspired Handmaid's Tale.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #51100 on: September 23, 2020, 12:17:13 AM »

https://t.co/aKe5P4YFbY?fbclid=IwAR0riGNDSjncr9JJD-IXqCAEcDxpHvaT0EucA5gH9p75bsVASsnicqK9NSk

One of the folks on Trump's list is a member of the group that inspired Handmaid's Tale.
Impeach him!

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #51101 on: September 23, 2020, 12:45:26 AM »

Josh-you take them seriously. I don't. You see it as either cathartic or you think that trying to deal with them as reasonable actors you can change their behavior.

I don't expect to change their behavior.

I don't find it cathartic.

That's why they'd be gone. They are just trolls.

DON’T FEED THE TROLLS, AND OTHER HIDEOUS LIES
The mantra about the best way to respond to online abuse has only made it worse

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/12/17561768/dont-feed-the-trolls-online-harassment-abuse

“Don’t feed the trolls” also ignores an obvious method for addressing online abuse: skilled moderation and the willingness to kick people off platforms for violating rules about abuse. At one website I used to write for, everyone constantly remarked that we had the most amazing, thoughtful commenters. How did we achieve this? Easy: a one-strike policy. Complete zero tolerance. Did people complain? Of course they did. But it stopped people with bad intentions from being a part of the community, and it kept all the well-meaning people on their best behavior. It wasn’t perfect, but it was good.

Since liq won't ban then everyone else *should* put them on the ignore list for as long as it takes them to self-moderate the tone and content of their posts.

That's my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51102 on: September 23, 2020, 12:49:57 AM »

Impeach him!

200000 dead and millions infected.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51103 on: September 23, 2020, 12:57:18 AM »

Impeach him!

200000 dead and millions infected.

November 4, as a present to Mitch in his lame duck.

Trump admin managed to keep the smoking gun in the Smithfield - CDC American worker mass slaughter under wraps for 5 months. They needed 7. It’s not under wraps any more.

Trump spelled out the problem on tape in February. He did everything to squash the clear solutions since then. At least 150,000 counts of 2nd degree murder so far.

Trump to cattle country and the American meat industry, “drop dead”.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51104 on: September 23, 2020, 01:04:00 AM »

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3405 3406 [3407] 3408 3409 ... 4288