Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918302 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10410 on: January 19, 2020, 02:40:09 AM »

Does Bazemore even play these days?  I was under the impression he needed a change of scenery.

If you're going to present trade ideas, you might want to look up the non-Knix you're trading for.

Baze has been starting (21 of 43 games) and playing 30 mins a night.  The problem is he's as erratic as ever.  He's like a stronger Bullock.  Good effort but inconsistent.  Baze also something of a mistake player.  Actually this year Baze's shot has been terrible (34% FG)

POR seems to have wanted to shed some salary and cut back on lux tax.  They have the highest payroll and a losing record. 
the Trail Blazers save $12.3 on the deal, and that it cuts the organization's luxury tax bill in half.

So save money and see if Ariza can be juvenated again.  Maybe Trev just lost interest in SAC and still has some 3&D left in him.  Certainly shooting better than Baze this year.  And a more versatile defender.

IF Por continues to lose, they could even try to flip Ariza to a playoff team, as an Iggy consolation prize.

Looks like this is Ariza's 11th team.  Nice long career, especially for a 2nd rounder.

Trivia Q: which 2nd rounder has played the most NBA games?
(I don't know the answer)
Trivia 2:
Who's the 2nd longest tenured NBA player (after Vince)?
(I know the answer)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 03:29:10 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10411 on: January 19, 2020, 02:50:03 AM »

I don't think Minny is inclined to move AW anyway at this time.  Only reason would be a "him or me" ultimatum with Towns

Or recognizing a Sell High moment on a player who doesn't impact winning and prior to this half season looked to be under a horrible contract.

Mini would be smart to unload Uncle Wiggy -- a 20 point scorer! -- for value now.  And build around KAT, Cove, Culver, Okogie .. and whatever Wig returns.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 02:56:52 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: January 19, 2020, 03:27:31 AM »

Sure do look like the starters with Elf played well (32 mins) and the bench with Franc (16 mins) faltered.

I'll try to catch a replay.

Knix started 4 journeymen and Randle, who's on his 3rd team in 3 years (one trade away from journeyman status).

Elfin:  4th team in last 4 years
MaMo: 5th team in 10 years
Tahj:  4th team in last 5 years
Bullox: 5th team in 9 years
+
Randle: 3rd team in 6* years
(essentially 5 years, since he broke his leg 14 minutes into his pro debut and missed his entire 1st season)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 03:31:53 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: January 19, 2020, 03:30:52 AM »

If you feel the primal urge or have a role in the play or game plan to set a screen on a key possession, unless you are setting up a spread screen and roll, screen away from the ball.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: January 19, 2020, 09:16:28 AM »

Does Bazemore even play these days?  I was under the impression he needed a change of scenery.

If you're going to present trade ideas, you might want to look up the non-Knix you're trading for.

Baze has been starting (21 of 43 games) and playing 30 mins a night.  The problem is he's as erratic as ever.  He's like a stronger Bullock.  Good effort but inconsistent.  Baze also something of a mistake player.  Actually this year Baze's shot has been terrible (34% FG)

POR seems to have wanted to shed some salary and cut back on lux tax.  They have the highest payroll and a losing record. 
the Trail Blazers save $12.3 on the deal, and that it cuts the organization's luxury tax bill in half.

So save money and see if Ariza can be juvenated again.  Maybe Trev just lost interest in SAC and still has some 3&D left in him.  Certainly shooting better than Baze this year.  And a more versatile defender.

IF Por continues to lose, they could even try to flip Ariza to a playoff team, as an Iggy consolation prize.

Looks like this is Ariza's 11th team.  Nice long career, especially for a 2nd rounder.

Trivia Q: which 2nd rounder has played the most NBA games?
(I don't know the answer)
Trivia 2:
Who's the 2nd longest tenured NBA player (after Vince)?
(I know the answer)

I thought it was a buy low opportunity.  Obviously he's not a generational player but he would be an incremental upgrade.

If you claim he's stronger than our inconsistent Bullock - yippee.

We are losing many games by a hair.  Any net upgrade in talent is worthwhile.

I thought (based on some research) that Bazemore was an unhappy camper in Portland and that, with a change of scenery and a good coach, he could contribute.

The trade seemed to happen simultaneous to my posting - I was simply unaware of it.  My bad.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10415 on: January 19, 2020, 09:43:22 AM »

Every game he doesn't stamp as HIS is "his fault.

We blah blah about who we want running our show but when Frank comes nowhere near that standard it's ok?  Come on.

I am beginning to agree he is a small forward. The improvement should come with the jumper, as a goal but now setting out to be a PREMIUM BOARD GUY would be a nice aside.

I did like that one instance where Frank refused to switch fought through screening action and it paid off.  If you watch the replacement look for that in last ten minutes
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10416 on: January 19, 2020, 10:10:06 AM »

We lost by 3

Payton was a +13
Frank a -16

Draw your own conclusions

Frank had less to do with this loss than almost everyone else.

Missed free throws.  Stupid passing.  Turnovers.  Please.

Shove your myopic, hate filled stats where the sun don't shine.

hate filled stats

numbers don't lie

they don't have opinions

they just are

you can't wish it away

you can't blame the messenger
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #10417 on: January 19, 2020, 10:30:32 AM »

We lost by 3

Payton was a +13
Frank a -16

hate filled stats

numbers don't lie

they don't have opinions

they just are

you can't wish it away

You are not a messenger you are a troll who picks a victim and doesn't relent in their hate speech.  Spare me your "message".

If you actually believe in numbers and stats then you might acknowledge that the historical statistical roadmap for young guys joining the NBA is a 5 year journey with no short-cuts.  It takes time and metaphorical bleeding to hone an NBA game (or at least it used to be).  In the age of chucking from the three pt line, maturity is being redefined for PGs - they have become 6th man shooting guards without a conscience.

So when you evaluate Frank or anyone else periodically picking sequential bad games only and declare you have an insight - let me just say that that's bullshit.

Now, I follow Clarence Gaines on Twitter and he has a different opinion of Frankie and his potential than you do.

Let's see~~~~  Kam or gaines, Kam or Gaines... 

Its called a no-brainer decision.

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: January 19, 2020, 10:37:58 AM »

Every game he doesn't stamp as HIS is "his fault.

We blah blah about who we want running our show but when Frank comes nowhere near that standard it's ok?  Come on.

I am beginning to agree he is a small forward. The improvement should come with the jumper, as a goal but now setting out to be a PREMIUM BOARD GUY would be a nice aside.

I did like that one instance where Frank refused to switch fought through screening action and it paid off.  If you watch the replacement look for that in last ten minutes

Well, "we" are all about rebuilding as long as there are no bumps in the road and as long as all the development can happen in summer league so that all our teenagers are locked and loaded to compete with battle-tested veteran teams that are stacked three deep.

What's wrong with that?

I mean if we summarize what "we" want and put cash considerations aside, the only thing we want is for Payton and Frankie to play like CP3 in their third and fourth year in the league.  Is that too much to ask?

And why isn't Knox playing like a young Vince Carter yet - sweet baby jesus.

"The Knicks are 11-32. Mitch, Knox & Frank played ~1/5 of the minutes and took took fewer shots combined than Marcus Morris. Iggy & Dot were DNP’s. This seems odd." - Jonathan Macri on twitter

BTW:  I agree about Ntilikina being a SF - developing a game closer to Sprewell than Mark Jackson.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 10:40:46 AM by FWK00 »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #10419 on: January 19, 2020, 11:08:57 AM »

Well, look. We need to have some games where our guards play better than theirs.

This almost never happens.

And it's just becoming normal. We've become dull to just how decisive that gap is.

Kam mentioned D'angelo Russell. And hell yes, Mr. Russell would do nicely.

Does anyone have scenarios where a trade to the Knicks makes sense for the Warriors?

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: January 19, 2020, 11:34:06 AM »

Well, look. We need to have some games where our guards play better than theirs.

This almost never happens.

And it's just becoming normal. We've become dull to just how decisive that gap is.

Kam mentioned D'angelo Russell. And hell yes, Mr. Russell would do nicely.

Does anyone have scenarios where a trade to the Knicks makes sense for the Warriors?

We need to have some games where our players play better than theirs.

This happens about a third of the time and we typically blame our PGs for it.

Yep.  Mr. Russell would do nicely as would just about any PG playing for a playoff bound team.  In fact, any of their players would be an upgrade anywhere on the roster.

Let's blame the FO that nobody wants to trade them to us for our assets.

Sorry, ele, the tsunami of blame, counter-blame, magic-thinking and so on is wearing me down.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: January 19, 2020, 11:43:24 AM »

We lost by 3

Payton was a +13
Frank a -16

hate filled stats

numbers don't lie

they don't have opinions

they just are

you can't wish it away

You are not a messenger you are a troll who picks a victim and doesn't relent in their hate speech.  Spare me your "message".

If you actually believe in numbers and stats then you might acknowledge that the historical statistical roadmap for young guys joining the NBA is a 5 year journey with no short-cuts.  It takes time and metaphorical bleeding to hone an NBA game (or at least it used to be).  In the age of chucking from the three pt line, maturity is being redefined for PGs - they have become 6th man shooting guards without a conscience.

So when you evaluate Frank or anyone else periodically picking sequential bad games only and declare you have an insight - let me just say that that's bullshit.

Now, I follow Clarence Gaines on Twitter and he has a different opinion of Frankie and his potential than you do.

Let's see~~~~  Kam or gaines, Kam or Gaines... 

Its called a no-brainer decision.

I posted stats for one game. You all do the same the moment there is a game Frank plays well in.
 So what the hell did Gaines say about last night's game?   Quote me Gaines cuz clearly you can't form your own opinions.  That's why you call it a no-brainer.  You're trusting someone else's brain and putting yours on vacation.  What if we don't want to give Frank 5 or 6 years and 2 or 3 different positions to finally find a place for him.  We don't coddle anyone else this much.  Why not more sympathy for everyone else you're ready to write off?  Give me a break about this troll business.  I supported Frank for a long ass time and you'd know that if you weren't a fly by poster.  Now i'm getting to the point where I expect NBA level play consistently from Frank and i'm frustrated how infrequently he delivers a complete game.  It's not crazy to want to see results by Year 3.  Its not a developmental league.  Frank aint a baby anymore.  Knicks didn't do Frank any favors, but life aint fair.  This is year 3.  Results please.   

You guys are ready to write off DSJ and guess what he is also in Year 3.

So be consistent in your evals.

And tell Clarence "Fountain of BBALL Knowledge" Gaines he should've taken Donovan Mitchell
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 12:06:13 PM by Kam »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: January 19, 2020, 12:39:49 PM »

GSW needs a bench for next year,
Knix could offer Portis, Knox, Elf = Tangelo
GS would have a quality backup PG in Elf (though one who can't make a 3).  A young athletic F in Knox.  And they could save money by declining Portis' $15M option.  If they like him, they could try to sign him for longer and less per season, like 3/$30M.

Would GS be willing to do that?  Could they get more?  Most teams are set at PG, though Tangelo is a combo G and could play with a PG.

More likely to get GS to bite would be to include one of Mitch/RJB!
Say, Mitch + Portis + Ellington = Tangelo
(we could take back Chriss or some other low contract guy to balance the players a bit).

I'm not a Tangelo fan.  But he plays hard and can score.  Would you be willing to include one of Mitch, Knox, RJB to get Tangelo is the Q?  that's probably what it takes to get a deal done.

Another option could be Morris + Elf + Bullock for Tangelo + Chriss.  I'd rather give them Ellington than Bullock, but GS doesn't have any contracts in the $5M range to send us.  Basically a Morris for Tangelo trade.  With Elf thrown in as a surplus PG GS could use.  This makes sense if NYK aren't likely to re-up Morris.
Plug Morris into the old Durant slot.  And gives them a guy who can defend quality F's.

There's 3 trades that work and might entice GS.  And I didn't even make an RJB move.  I have it:
Morris + Elf + Bullock - a starter and two useful backups
Mitch + Portis + Ellington - 3 useful bench guy
Knox + Elf + Portis - 3 bench guys

Elf would be a useful backup to Steph for them.
Morris would fill a nice gap, but need to be reupped
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: January 19, 2020, 12:42:26 PM »

We lost by 3

Payton was a +13
Frank a -16

hate filled stats

numbers don't lie

they don't have opinions

they just are

you can't wish it away

https://twitter.com/ChipperMurphy/status/1218748935805849600

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: January 19, 2020, 01:04:45 PM »

We lost by 3

Payton was a +13
Frank a -16

hate filled stats

numbers don't lie

they don't have opinions

they just are

you can't wish it away

https://twitter.com/ChipperMurphy/status/1218748935805849600

Post the whole thing:

Frank played about 3 minutes of game time with Morris and 7 with Randle. He played with both of them at the same time for 2 minutes.

Payton played with Morris and Randle at the same time for about 30 of his 32 minutes.

So the supposition is that Elf got more minutes with Morris and Randle, thus the +16 for Elf

So the theory that Elf's +16 was inflated by Morris and Randle and Elf OF HIS OWN DIDN"T LIFT THE TEAM

All right, i''ll play!

Except that Morris and Randle were only +5 each.   Ties for 2nd best after Elf's +16

When Elf sat, we went negative.  Maybe blame it on everyone OTHER than Frank.  Fine.  Let's blame Knox Portis and Trier for bringing Frank down.  I'll buy that.   That's what you're selling.  That's what you're always selling.

Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 1848