Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 913704 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Our best 5-man unit by far
« Reply #10425 on: January 19, 2020, 01:13:20 PM »

through 44minutes over ten games

.M. Morris Sr., .E. Payton, .J. Randle, .B. Portis, .R. Barrett   

Offense      Defense     Net
133.3   104.2   29.2   

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612752&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1&CF=MIN*GE*24
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Our best 5-man unit by far
« Reply #10426 on: January 19, 2020, 02:22:42 PM »

through 44minutes over ten games

.M. Morris Sr., .E. Payton, .J. Randle, .B. Portis, .R. Barrett   

Offense      Defense     Net
133.3   104.2   29.2   

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612752&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1&CF=MIN*GE*24

Against who and who was coaching?  I ony ask because Ntilikina was playing under Fizdale in massive losses in which our PF Randle was a mess while Payton sat.

Yeah.  Keep them stats coming - apple and orange comparisons.

You might also note that Dotson sat last night.  Ntilikina and Dotson are extremely effective playing together.

But yes Frankie had a poor first half and a redeemable second half playing little.

You win.

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10427 on: January 19, 2020, 02:41:38 PM »

Does anyone have scenarios where a trade to the Knicks makes sense for the Warriors?

GSW needs a bench for next year,
Knix could offer Portis, Knox, Elf = Tangelo
GS would have a quality backup PG in Elf (though one who can't make a 3).  A young athletic F in Knox.  And they could save money by declining Portis' $15M option.  If they like him, they could try to sign him for longer and less per season, like 3/$30M.

Would GS be willing to do that?  Could they get more?  Most teams are set at PG, though Tangelo is a combo G and could play with a PG.

More likely to get GS to bite would be to include one of Mitch/RJB!
Say, Mitch + Portis + Ellington = Tangelo
(we could take back Chriss or some other low contract guy to balance the players a bit).

I'm not a Tangelo fan.  But he plays hard and can score.  Would you be willing to include one of Mitch, Knox, RJB to get Tangelo is the Q?  that's probably what it takes to get a deal done.

Another option could be Morris + Elf + Bullock for Tangelo + Chriss.  I'd rather give them Ellington than Bullock, but GS doesn't have any contracts in the $5M range to send us.  Basically a Morris for Tangelo trade.  With Elf thrown in as a surplus PG GS could use.  This makes sense if NYK aren't likely to re-up Morris.
Plug Morris into the old Durant slot.  And gives them a guy who can defend quality F's.

There's 3 trades that work and might entice GS.  And I didn't even make an RJB move.  I have it:
Morris + Elf + Bullock - a starter and two useful backups
Mitch + Portis + Ellington - 3 useful bench guy
Knox + Elf + Portis - 3 bench guys

Elf would be a useful backup to Steph for them.
Morris would fill a nice gap, but need to be reupped

If you could get Russell then say goodbye to Frankie.  *That* would be a legitimate reason to trade Frankie.  Long term foolish but justifiable.

Morris, Bullock, Frankie, and a Mavs FRP for Russell and Poole.

That should do it.

But then the larger question becomes whether or not this is a complementary trade to the rebuild or the first chip in a win-now strategy.  In either case, more chips would have to fall.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: January 19, 2020, 02:56:02 PM »

Looks like this is Ariza's 11th team.  Nice long career, especially for a 2nd rounder.

......and nobody ever wants to keep him

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: January 19, 2020, 03:01:12 PM »

Mini would be smart to unload Uncle Wiggy -- a 20 point scorer! -- for value now.  And build around KAT, Cove, Culver, Okogie .. and whatever Wig returns.

Well alright - lets do it then.

I was adding Culver over Mitch - as an upgrade.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: January 19, 2020, 03:12:48 PM »

Mini would be smart to unload Uncle Wiggy -- a 20 point scorer! -- for value now.  And build around KAT, Cove, Culver, Okogie .. and whatever Wig returns.

Gaines OWNS the Frank pick.  Was instrumental in the selection.  And was fired

what do you expect him to say?

Gaines also lauds David Fizdale.  His dad coached at a black college.  Did he champion any white players?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: January 19, 2020, 03:26:15 PM »

Every game he doesn't stamp as HIS is "his fault.

We blah blah about who we want running our show but when Frank comes nowhere near that standard it's ok?  Come on.

I am beginning to agree he is a small forward. The improvement should come with the jumper, as a goal but now setting out to be a PREMIUM BOARD GUY would be a nice aside.

I did like that one instance where Frank refused to switch fought through screening action and it paid off.  If you watch the replacement look for that in last ten minutes

That should say REPLAY - my bad

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: January 19, 2020, 04:39:23 PM »

Looks like this is Ariza's 11th team.  Nice long career, especially for a 2nd rounder.

......and nobody ever wants to keep him
heh

Ariza's 11th stop, 9th different team.  He's had two stints with WAS and HOU.  From age 27-32 he was real solid, during 2 years in WASH and 4 in HOU.  Averged 37% on volume 3's, and played stolid D those years.

From the 2004 draft, only Ariza and Dwight Howard still playing this year.  Iggy, JR Smith and Deng are in limbo, involuntary retired for now.

PHX did real well, signing a 33 year old Ariza as a FA on a large 1 year contract.  Then flipping him to the Wiz for Uber mid-season.
PHX ans SAC were odd FA choices for Ariza, but I guess he just followed the money.

Barely started until his 5th year (20 games) and didn't become a full-time starter until his 6th/age 24 year.  That's likely the timeframe Knox is on.  Let's hope Knox can figure out D, and learn when and how to use his athleticism/aggression.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 04:43:30 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: January 19, 2020, 04:49:13 PM »

So Knix have 4 potential starting PG's they could try to add:

Chris Paul
Dinwiddie
Captain Vleetheart
T'angelo

I really need to see FVV this year.  2 years ago I thought he just killed it as the 2nd unit PG.  Last year he was up and down, with some bad slumps, but was adjusting to starting more.  And this year looks like he's in top form.  He's a good deal like Jameer Nelson, a short tank who could bomb away.  But FVV goes a bit harder and probably a better scorer.  Also, there's a fair amount of Lowry in FVV, more approach and effort than stylistically.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: January 19, 2020, 04:53:17 PM »

Chris Paul
Dinwiddie
Captain Vleetheart
T'angelo

I really need to see FVV this year.  2 years ago I thought he just killed it as the 2nd unit PG.  Last year he was up and down, with some bad slumps, but was adjusting to starting more.  And this year looks like he's in top form.  He's a good deal like Jameer Nelson, a short tank who could bomb away.  But FVV goes a bit harder and probably a better scorer.  Also, there's a fair amount of Lowry in FVV, more approach and effort than stylistically.

Captain Vleetheart

Dinosaur Blues

Dinah Shore Shoes

chipstern

• View Profile
Spencer
« Reply #10435 on: January 19, 2020, 04:54:03 PM »

It what alternate universe would the Nyets EVER contemplate gifting us Dim Witted? 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: January 19, 2020, 05:13:53 PM »

Chris Paul
Dinwiddie
Captain Vleetheart
T'angelo

Why do you keep saying Dinwiddie?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: January 19, 2020, 05:26:00 PM »

Do you think there is any chance at all Netz are trying to save this season?

Maybe Morris and a #1 for Dinwiddie?

But do WE do that rather than taking back a 1 for Morris?  For one year of Spence?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: January 19, 2020, 05:27:51 PM »

When he shakes off the rust, LaVert should be the starting SG.
The Kyrie/Dinwiddie pairing isn't working.
Dinwiddie won't want to come off the bench.
Nets need a shakeup.
Dinwiddie underpaid this year and next, then will look to cash in, and want more than the Nets will pony up for a backup G.
(Lavert&Shirley's $16M deal kicks in next season)

Make them a good offer and Dinwiddie is available.
Maybe I'm a little early, but that's how it's likely to play out.
Kyrie and Dinwiddie are friends, that's about the only thing that might thwart a Dimwitty trade.

Morris plus to the Nets ...
I wish thye had some midtier contracts they could add in so we could give them Elf or Franc, as a cheaper replacement backup PG.

Otherwise, Franc was terrible in his late 1Q/early 2Q stint.  Helped blow the lead with his turnovers, feeble dribbling, losing the ball on a drive, not getting a shot off to end the 1st.  He was giving up the ball 25+ feet out and still turning it over.  Ugly.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 05:35:25 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: January 19, 2020, 05:30:58 PM »

The Kyrie/Dinwiddie pairing isn't working.

This is silly

Dinwiddie won't want to come off the bench.

What does that matter?
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 1848