Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 906141 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10440 on: January 19, 2020, 05:37:33 PM »

41-30 (11 games with)
43-29
39-39 (4 games with)

- fg/3 pt percentages for Dinwiddie this year with/without Kyrie

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: January 19, 2020, 05:43:08 PM »

You don't seem to get it.  Let me help you.

Nets played the same level with and without Kyrie.  That has to be concerning.  If Dinwiddie becomes unhappy with his role (or Lavert with his), it affects the team.  Unhappy players often force their way out.  At the least, if Spencer becomes unhappy, he won't resign after next year, when they would have trouble affording him anyway.

Between role and salary constraints, Dinwiddie isn't long for BKY.
Maybe they'll trade him next year and not this.  But with a good offer, he could be had.  Nets could use the shakeup and to deal with an upcoming issue early.

Edit: the shooting stats are meaningless.  Team play, son.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: January 19, 2020, 06:01:47 PM »

Heh

You're beautiful

It's 15 fucking games

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: January 19, 2020, 06:05:29 PM »

Maybe they'll trade him next year and not this.  But with a good offer, he could be had. Nets could use the shakeup and to deal with an upcoming issue early.

Morris + is all you have said (I said similar but with a twist)

Lets hear the pitch.

I still like Dinwiddie on Nets when they are whole next season.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: January 19, 2020, 06:10:58 PM »

Do you think there is any chance at all Netz are trying to save this season?

Maybe Morris and a #1 for Dinwiddie?

But do WE do that rather than taking back a 1 for Morris?  For one year of Spence?

Repost in case you missed it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: January 19, 2020, 09:29:21 PM »

Brazdekis gets 20 and 6 first game back with Westchester

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
LaMelo
« Reply #10446 on: January 19, 2020, 09:41:07 PM »

A lingering foot injury will prevent LaMelo Ball from finishing his season in Australia. He played just 12 games for the Illawara Hawks, but his performance has some scouts convinced that he should be the first player selected in this year’s draft.

Well, well...

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: January 20, 2020, 03:22:50 AM »

A bit early to be worrying about draftees, but always listen to “some scouts”. They are never wrong.

That said, he wouldn’t be the worst guy to add to our squad especially if our kids can somewhat get their shooting up over the remainder of the season. That’s his huge hole at this stage.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: January 20, 2020, 05:05:55 AM »

Do you think there is any chance at all Netz are trying to save this season?

YES

Maybe Morris and a #1 for Dinwiddie?

I don't want to give up a pick, and that's not what the Nets need anyway. 

If they flip Dimwilly, they could use a backup PG from us, and we have a surplus there.  Meaning Elf or Franc could be packaged with Morris.  Problem is their only mid-tier contracts to work such a deal are DeAndretheGiant, who is a KY/KD buddy and already had an agnostic year with the Knix.  Temple could be tossed in, but they like him and we don't really need him.

All of which is why I didn't toss out a firm offer.  Probably the kind of trade that requires a 3rd team to make work.  Which admittedly lowers the chance of a deal going down.  Though we certainly have other movable pieces (hello: Bob Portis, Jr. Smith, Trier/Dot, Ellington, Bullox) to complete a bigger deal that yields something else and shuffles the money copacetically.

I do think something along the lines of a Morris + Elf for Dinwiddie + Kurucs would be beneficial for both teams.  Morris for Dinwiddie = both teams fill a hole with a quality starter.  Added bonus, Morris provides leadership.  But the numbers aren't easily workable (without DeAndre in there, and that's likely off the table). 

Kyrie - LaVert - Morris - KD - Jarhead Allen
That's pretty kickass/take-no-prisoners.  Provided the stars can stay healthy. 
Elf - Temple - Harris - Prince - Claxton

Dinwiddie - RJB - Knox - Randle - Mitch
Two Building Blocks, and if you squint, four positions covered.Franc - Dot - Bullock - Taj

But do WE do that rather than taking back a 1 for Morris?  For one year of Spence?

It's a year and a half of Dim Spence, and then you simply re-sign him. What's the problem?  It's a year more locked up than expiring Morris.  Gives us plenty of time to evaluate Dinwiddie's fit and value (for re-signing salary).

I'd rather get Dimwitty than flip Morris for a late 1st rounder.
I would like to flip Morris plus for a promising yute and a late 1st.  Simple, Simons and a POR pick.  But that likely isn't available.  POR probably giving up on this season, with the salary dump for Ariza as evidence.  Sure they are hoping Ariza can fit better than Baze, and Ariza can guard bigger F's allowing them to hide Melo more.  And they'll get Nurk and Zach back at some point.  But they know they aren't contending this year.  And Morris for yute/picks is a contend this year move.

Otherwise, Kyrie has been injured, has said stupid things, rumored to be a poor leader in BKY.  Gee, who could have guessed ...?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 05:24:46 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: January 20, 2020, 06:50:29 AM »

Next year Lavert's deal kicks in and the Nets presumed starting backcourt (Kyrie & Caris) combine to make $50M.  Add in Dinwiddie's value $11.5M, and you're talking $61M for 3 G's.
So these 3 G's sure better work together well, impact winning, and hopefully can all function on the court together a fair amount. 

LaVert has just returned (and Dinwiddie a Kyrie pal) so maybe they wait this year and up to next deadline to see how all 3 pair, especially after KD degimps.  But right now they have a month to see how the 3 mesh up to the deadline.

Other issues: KI & KD want to handle a lot, so what does that leave for Dinwiddie and LaVert to do?  Cut?  Spot up shooting?  Better off re-signing Joe Harris who is expiring and needs to be paid.  Another cost.  He'll run maybe $14M.  They probably want to keep Wil, since he's a vet who can at least try to guard LeBJ, Kawhi, Anti-Greek types.  Another $5M+ ...

So:
1) do KI, Lavert and Diwiddie fit together to justify $61M next year and close to $70M the following year after re-upping Spence?
2) KI, KD, Spence, C-LaV, is there enough ball to go around?
3) Is there a big enough role and good enough fit to justify keeping Dinwiddie and re-signing him?
4) can they afford to re-sign Dinwiddie to perhaps $18M per, when they need to re-sign JoeHarris and Wil (for roughly a combined $18M)?

Yeah, they'd need to re-sign Morris, but close to $20M per is more justifiable for a clear starter, a 2-way F, who upgrades the starting unit.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: January 20, 2020, 10:32:02 AM »

I don't want to give up a pick, and that's not what the Nets need anyway.

Disagree

Nets get the pick because in losing Dinwiddie they weaken NEXT year's team

You have them going all in for the NOW of it, which makes little sense.  By June the deal sucks for them except maybe having helped line their pockets a biy by getting a few playoff games (even that is debatable (my deal with Dinwiddie has to include Nets coming out smelling sweeter for 2020-21 and beyond.  Even the Morris and a late #1 falls a bit short of that)

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10451 on: January 20, 2020, 11:59:09 AM »

I have them re-upping Morris instead of Dinwiddie.  And then not bothering with Wil (akin to a $6M savings on Morris' contract).

Anyway, I still think we have 4 potential PG targets.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10452 on: January 20, 2020, 12:19:55 PM »

I wont argue with you all day

Its just a dumb idea

Nets are in a "do we play more for strengthening future teams?" mode.   If not they will just play it out and look pretty good for next year, when they expect to compete for a conference title.

Conclusion:  If Dinwiddie goes (and I think the press is to far ahead on this - that chances are small) it wont be for someone that is an ending deal.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10453 on: January 20, 2020, 12:21:59 PM »

If you want to make a case for MORRIS/KYRIE led team THIS YEAR challenging in a series vs Toronto/Boston/Philly/Milwaukee - go right ahead.  It's a talented trio with Allen.

But i'd then tell you Morris is taking Joe Harris's minutes.  So they get deeper - how much better being debatable

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10454 on: January 20, 2020, 02:35:05 PM »

Harris moves to a 6th man role and still gets plenty of court time.
Anyway, I didn't know a Dinwiddie trade has been in the news at all.
But seems inevitable to me.

I do hope the Knix make some moves.
Trade either Morris/Randle. 
Trier/Dot.  Portis, Ellington & Smith. 
Try to get a legit starter, promising yute, a pick.
Consolidate and upgrade if possible.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1847