Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912804 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18960 on: May 27, 2021, 03:39:49 AM »

I saw the flinch and Fifty seemed to catch it though I didn’t actually make out any spit. That’s fucking atrocious. Full moon plus cabin fever is still no excuse.

Is there footage that includes the spitter?

Spitting on someone is worse than pouring popcorn on someone though not worse than dousing them with piping hot spaghetti and meat sauce.

Spitting on Trae also isn’t precisely dumping food on him unless he has a very weird diet.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18961 on: May 27, 2021, 03:43:15 AM »

After tie breakers, we have the 19th and 21st picks in the first round.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18962 on: May 27, 2021, 10:17:44 AM »

Congrats to all the Knickerbockers who grabbed their first playoff victory.  Has to be a great feeling

Need 1 of 2 in ATL.  (Read:  don't go nuts if we lose the next one)

Thibs just rolling with the big minutes for his guys.  Extra rest with NBA playoff schedule beneficial.  To both teams, of course.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18963 on: May 27, 2021, 10:28:43 AM »

From an ESPN article, surprising stat about Julius' defense last night:

"Atlanta was especially cold going against Randle. According to ESPN Stats & Information research, the Hawks went 0-of-15 against Randle as the primary defender. It's the first time since data tracking started in the 2013-14 playoffs that a team has gone 0-of-15 against a single player."

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18964 on: May 27, 2021, 10:33:03 AM »

Julius!!!

* you still better lay some beat down Friday at the other end, but IMPRESSIVE
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18965 on: May 27, 2021, 10:44:43 AM »

From an ESPN article, surprising stat about Julius' defense last night:

"Atlanta was especially cold going against Randle. According to ESPN Stats & Information research, the Hawks went 0-of-15 against Randle as the primary defender. It's the first time since data tracking started in the 2013-14 playoffs that a team has gone 0-of-15 against a single player."

Good stat - thanks
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Spitting
« Reply #18966 on: May 27, 2021, 11:25:11 AM »

Seriously?

From courtside?

What are courtside tickets?  Like $10,000?  Wish my Dad weres till alive, let alone had so much money, he could front me an expensive watch and courtside tickets. 

This is "purpordedly" the spitter's face.  I mean spitting on someone during a pandemic.  Spitting.  Over hoops?

Derek Rose's Reaction SAYS IT ALL

https://twitter.com/i/status/1397766076839206914

That to me is incomprehensible. 

Trae Young is, to put it mildy, a worthy adversary.  His handle and crossover, his court vision and dishing, that fucking floater [money in the bank], the sheer audacity of his heaves from beyond the three mile reef.  Thank God Thibs & His Wise Men hit upon the notion of assigning Bullock to shadow him...not that you stop a motherfucker like that, but at least make him work [and let a little air out of his balloon by making him burn some glucose on defense]. 

Anyone see him in his post-game press conference?  One of the reporters was trying to tease him into breaking on the Knicks, and Trae very pointedly observed that ONE SHOULD GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE. 

I hope Dolan's Storm Troopers figure out who spat on Trae Bien and give him the Extreme Oakley Treatment, least ways very publically toss his ass permanently from the Garden.  Someone spits on you, man, woman or child, there SHOULD BE CONSEQUENCES.  I mean, like in THE BIG LEBOWSKI, where a thus urinatges on The Dude's Rug. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJbH3T1toQU

"Man spits on other Man in NYC and is hit with a surprise counterattack." 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 12:23:31 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Tears For Obi Obi OBI
« Reply #18967 on: May 27, 2021, 11:26:24 AM »

I'm still in tears. 

Revisiting the Alley Oop, what makes it all the more satisfying as a KNICKS MOMENT, is that Obi precitpitated the fast break BY PLAYING FUCKING DEFENSE, and getting a piece of Huerter's shot around the hoop, and then took off down court like Secretariat, as the giddy anticipation in Clyde's voice swells up. seeing as he does the play developing.  Fuck ME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vektn-tc2Q

"Obi Toppin Alley Oop Dunk in Transition Electrifies MSG Crowd (2021 ECQF Playoffs Gm 2 vs. Hawks)"

I mean, God Bless Halliburton, but No Stoppin' Toppin Knicks fans. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 11:40:03 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
This Just In--OMARI SPELLMAN Voted Playoff Shares
« Reply #18968 on: May 27, 2021, 12:09:15 PM »

TAJ GIBSON peoples

A shout out to Omari Spellman and his Weight Watcher's Counselor for their pivotal role in bringing Taj Gibson back to NY. 

Where would we be without Thibs' aged capos, and the prescience of Leon-WWW-Scott for the moves which returned Taj and Derek to the fold. 

An emotional Taj Gibson on winning a playoff game with Tom Thibodeau and Derrick Rose after all they’ve been through: “This is some magical stuff right now. I don’t know how to explain it. I don’t take anything for granted, but every day I come in, it’s just surreal.”
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 12:24:23 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
I Dig Trae Young
« Reply #18969 on: May 27, 2021, 12:28:15 PM »

Chants of “Trae Young’s balding!” I’m OK with the profanity but shouldn’t pick on people who don’t have a lot of hair.

chipstern

• View Profile
2021 Tankathon Mock Draft Projections [Knicks, #19, 21, 32, 58]
« Reply #18970 on: May 27, 2021, 01:21:47 PM »

Don't know that we keep all four picks, or package some of them to move up/down/trade for a vet...

But interesting....

In my void of the phantasmagorical, the prospect at #19 gets the salivary glands going.  A WINNER. 

Obviously none of this is written in stone, but we had a pretty good haul in 2020 with Obi and Immanuel, and this year's class is purportedly a lot deeper and more gifted.  We shall see. 

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

19   NY   
Jared Butler
PG | Baylor
6'3"
190 lbs
Junior
21.7 yrs
19.9 PTS   3.9 REB   5.7 AST   0.4 BLK   2.3 ST

21   NY   
Kai Jones
PF/C | Texas
6'11"
218 lbs
Sophomore
20.4 yrs
13.9 PTS   7.6 REB   1.0 AST   1.5 BLK   1.3 STL

32   NY   
Cameron Thomas
SG | LSU
6'4"
210 lbs
Freshman
19.6 yrs
24.4 PTS   3.6 REB   1.5 AST   0.2 BLK   0.9 ST

58   NY   
Charles Bassey
C | Western Kentucky
6'10"
239 lbs
Junior
20.6 yrs
20.9 PTS   13.7 REB   0.8 AST   3.7 BLK   0.5 STL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO9t_U9H9sw&t=26s

"Jared Butler Lead's Baylor Over #17 Villanova - Full Highlights 11.24.19 - 22 Points" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCREy0nyQQ

"Jared Butler Baylor Highlights vs. Gonzaga | 2021 NCAA Tournament Championship Game |"

NOT EVEN SURE IF Butler HAS DECLARED FOR THE DRAFT.  Still, interesting. 

Hey in 2020, the #19 and #21 picks were Saddiq Bey and Tyrese Maxey. 

Anyway, see y'all in Atlanta. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 01:38:34 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
"Fan" Banned
« Reply #18971 on: May 27, 2021, 03:09:50 PM »

To call this useless sack of shit a "fan" is surely a stretch. 

Gratified that Dolan's Minions Proceeded Swiftly & Decisively. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31521702/new-york-knicks-ban-fan-madison-square-garden-spitting-atlanta-hawks-trae-young

And passed along this prvileged ass-clown's information to the authorities.  He should be charged.  This is criminal behavior, a form of assault & battery, particularly during a pandemic. 

I mean, you are blessed to have courtside seats at the first Knicks playoff appearance since 2013, and your response is to spit on the other team's best player. 

FUCK YOU. 

« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 03:41:02 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18972 on: May 27, 2021, 03:17:05 PM »

Fuck him.  Clearly a douchebag. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #18973 on: May 27, 2021, 03:48:50 PM »

Fuck him.  Clearly a douchebag.

Thnaks, Kam. 

And not to outdone, that Philly "Fan" dumping a bucket of popcorn on Russell Westbrook's head as he is helped from the floor in the tunnel to the dressing room with a game ending ankle injury. 

Westbrook and Young are warriors, brining out the best in our team through the level and intensity of their competition. 

I love Russell and Trae.  They can play on MY TEAM anytime.  When you've beaten THEM, you've beaten THE BEST. 

Douchebag? 

Word. 

Still, doesn't quite seem strong enough? 

LesterDawg?  You want a piece of this pussy? 

Damn. 

PS: I'm a fanatical fan, but I mean, get a grip.  There were folks in front of the Garden after last night's game, understandably giddy, chanting "Bring On Brooklyn."  Uh, Atlanta is a damn talented team, nimrods, with a top tier PG and a great coach, and we will have to raise our level of intensity and execution to a whole other level to even stay on the floor with them Friday night...oh, and the fans in Atlanta might have something to say about bringing on Brooklyn.   SHEEEEET. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18974 on: May 27, 2021, 04:33:20 PM »

One thing I can say for sure about popcorn and spittake, neither can ball or even perform in a more general sense. Douchebaggery is their only avenue to project any influence on the world.

They can go watch games in a bar where if they try any of that shit they’ll be punched out and then bounced or they can stay the fuck home. League wide lifetime bans should be in effect for these people preventing them from ever returning as spectators to a live game.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1263 1264 [1265] 1266 1267 ... 1848