Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 910495 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21345 on: November 22, 2021, 07:18:51 PM »

Robinson's spot might have a 30 odd year legacy but it's nothing compared to Landry Shamet's spot on the Suns.

Shamet <- Jevon Carter <- De'Anthony Melton <- Brandon Knight <- Tyler Ennis <- Marcin Gortat <- Maciej Lampe <- Stephon Marbury <- Chris Dudley <- Luc Longley <- Mark Bryant <- Charles Barkley <- Jeff Hornacek <- David Thirdkill <- Rich Kelley <- Brook Steppe (draft pick 1980)

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21346 on: November 22, 2021, 11:07:12 PM »

Makes me wonder how well the Mavs have to finish for their pick to convey this year.

We were down 20 to 8 at our first sub, making it uphill sledding the rest of the way. I
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #21347 on: November 22, 2021, 11:42:23 PM »

Makes me wonder how well the Mavs have to finish for their pick to convey this year.

We were down 20 to 8 at our first sub, making it uphill sledding the rest of the way. I

Nope

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21348 on: November 23, 2021, 02:48:57 AM »

You are so right. My bad.

I want a best foot forward front lineup and suitable roles for the guys that are left.

Here is a give Randle the Keys lineup, moving Kemba and Evan to the Bench for IQ and Burks. You are getting D at the point of attack and energy from IQ who, while not Kemba or Rose, has improved his handle and diversified his game. Burks has more familiarity with the other cogs in the lineup as well as our D and shoots as well as Evan.

This gives you Rose, Kemba, Evan, and Obi as your reserve point getters.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #21349 on: November 23, 2021, 12:45:19 PM »

You are so right. My bad.

I want a best foot forward front lineup and suitable roles for the guys that are left.

Here is a give Randle the Keys lineup, moving Kemba and Evan to the Bench for IQ and Burks. You are getting D at the point of attack and energy from IQ who, while not Kemba or Rose, has improved his handle and diversified his game. Burks has more familiarity with the other cogs in the lineup as well as our D and shoots as well as Evan.

This gives you Rose, Kemba, Evan, and Obi as your reserve point getters.

I could get behind this type of thinking.  Moving Kemba and Evan to the bench lifts the pressure off of them as newcomers and doesn't single either one out for the Knicks struggles.  Besides, the numbers indicate that of all the issues facing this team at the moment, the lack of on court chemistry between Randle and Walker tops the list.

Randle and Walker together: negative 12.9 net rating, 778 minutes

Randle on, Walker off: positive 8.8 net rating, 431 minutes

As far as minutes with Walker on and Randle off its too small a sample size, there have been just 14 such possessions this season.

If you're not going to give Walker the keys (as i've been advocating for) to the starting lineup because you're ok with running the O thru Randle based on last year's success then fine, give Walker the keys to the second team.  Let him have a role on this team.  I think many assumed (me among them) that Walker would be an upgrade to the starting lineup and basically be Elfrid Payton with an offensive game.  But it turns out that if you want an "Elfrid Payton who can shoot" that player isn't Kemba Walker.   He isn't the kind of guy to just bring the ball up and look for Julius every time like Elfrid did and he isn't the defensive player that Payton was.  Walker is an undersized PG.  He needs the ball in his hands to effect the game.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 12:52:43 PM by Kam »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21350 on: November 23, 2021, 02:11:26 PM »

Be good to have one more defender out there with Julius
RJB, Mitch/Noel and one other solid defender in the starting lineup.

When 3 of your starters are underperforming, good chance your PG is at fault.
Start Rose.  And if Mitch/Noel are ailing, I'd be up for Rose & Taj starting.
They provide energy and have chemistry together.  Would set a tone.
Right now Knix aren't good on either side of the ball.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #21351 on: November 23, 2021, 02:56:21 PM »

Suggestions from Jonathan Macri:

Against Chicago in the 3rd quarter we saw a three minute stretch where Walker runs the offense, followed by a similar stretch of time that Randle gets to dominate.  If keeping them both in the starting lineup maybe this is how they should play.

It is clear that if Walker isnt dominating the ball, even with his penchant for drawing charges, he offers less value than anyone on the team. For that reason, for as long as he is on this roster, he should be playing backup minutes - something like 18-20 a game. I would suggest making him the actual backup point guard, however . .     

The bench is the best thing about this team right now. Why mess with it?

Give the Randle / Fournier two-man game more time to gel. When it has worked, it has worked beautifully. For as much shit as Fournier has gotten this season, when he has been on the court with Julius and no Kemba, the Knicks have outscored teams by an absurd 16.2 points per 100 possessions in a not that insignificant sample size of 211 possessions, according to Cleaning the Glass. Those two just make sense together.

As long as Mitch looks like this, Nerlens Noel needs to start. The team has a positive 16.9 net rating during Noels limited minutes, and while only 30 of those have come with the full starting five, the results have been quite good. Meanwhile, Mitchs on/off with the subs has also been night and day from when he has been with the starters.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 03:00:32 PM by Kam »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Obi!
« Reply #21352 on: November 23, 2021, 10:34:26 PM »

Good to see Toppin play 21 mins with 12 points and a team best +15.
Go Obi!!!⛹🏾‍♂️

Hey Kamster, your fave IQ did pretty good too!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:39:20 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21353 on: November 23, 2021, 10:49:42 PM »

AWESOME!

LA wanted that game bad.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21354 on: November 23, 2021, 11:17:28 PM »

Nice to send the FizzMelos home disappointed.

We are fairly potent when we hit threes.

I am still of the opinion that a lineup shuffle would help this team.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21355 on: November 24, 2021, 07:37:20 AM »

Roles are important

Stability is important

And of course thumbs up to good offense. Without it you win bupkus.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 07:47:20 AM by kiidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21356 on: November 24, 2021, 08:49:58 AM »

Knix with a big 1Q.
Fournier hitting.

2Q 11' mark: Knix have 5 players equally spaced around the 3 Point line.
I'm looking for some cutting, but NYK are stationary.  Randle gets the ball up top, Dwight covering, and inexplicably Melo leaves his man to double Randle.
Randle simply passes off to Melo's man who then keeps it moving to ObiT in the corner.
ObiT drives for a nice layup instead of going with his adventurous corner 3's.
What was Melo thinking?

Westbrook is such a disaster.  Comical at times.
Worst star ever?

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
"And Wilt Is Overrated..."
« Reply #21357 on: November 24, 2021, 10:16:59 AM »

Knix with a big 1Q.
Fournier hitting.

I'm looking for some cutting, but NYK are stationary.  Randle gets the ball up top, Dwight covering, and inexplicably Melo leaves his man to double Randle.
Randle simply passes off to Melo's man who then keeps it moving to ObiT in the corner.
What was Melo thinking?

Worst star ever?

Another bold insight.

31 points

With an 18 point third quarter.

🐾🐾🐾

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: "And Wilt Is Overrated..."
« Reply #21358 on: November 24, 2021, 11:05:43 AM »

Knix with a big 1Q.
Fournier hitting.

What was Melo thinking?

Worst star ever?

Another bold insight.

31 points

With an 18 point third quarter.

🐾🐾🐾

A Triple Double.

And five TOs.

The price of aggression.

Not unlike our own Mister Randle.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #21359 on: November 24, 2021, 11:23:37 AM »

Tuesday May 11th 2021, the Knicks had won 13 of their last 16 games to pull into a virtual tie for the 4th seed with the Hawks.   Knicks are visiting the Lakers and Randle is playing great.  The Knicks are up 85-75 with a little under 8 minutes to play in regulation.   But then Randle goes into his one-vs-one mode against his Kentucky counterpart Anthony Davis and the Knicks fritter away the lead and lose in Overtime, dropping them momentarily to 5th in the standings.

Fast forward to last night.  And this play in the first quarter gave me deja-vu vibes.  Were we in for another "attempt to make a statement" game by Julius where he just tries to go one on one vs a very good defender all night just to prove he is "the man"?   

It's funny how he slowed and how deliberate and calculated his movements above were when he took AD (like he wanted to make a statement). -- but here he reduced his dribbles and time of possession as he just blows by lesser defenders. 

Here's some great help by Fournier.  I love his level of energy.  He makes plays.

Pages: 1 ... 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 ... 1847