Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899376 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21375 on: November 24, 2021, 06:38:09 PM »

Good  NBA night

Brooklyn-Boston
Philly-Golden State

ESPN

730 start
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21376 on: November 24, 2021, 09:31:19 PM »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Toppin
« Reply #21377 on: November 26, 2021, 10:19:02 AM »

Obi joins AD and Giannis as the only players putting up at least 18 points, eight boards, two blocks and two assists per 36 this season.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21378 on: November 26, 2021, 01:49:01 PM »

Good stat, Kam.

Glad we didnt run amok offering Obi all over the league.

chipstern

• View Profile
Small Ball
« Reply #21379 on: November 26, 2021, 04:26:50 PM »

Julius-Obi-Fournier-Burks-IQ

Julius-Obi-Burks-IQ-Rose

RJ/Burks/Fournier

Obi still has a ways to go, but he gives us a level of energy and motion and ball movement that is contagious. 

Sometimes he overthinks round the hoop, or over passes, or passes on shots....

But he is a force on the break, improving his defense, and like IQ, his threes are starting to fall and are launched without fear or compunction.  He even made a short jumper at the top of the key recently, right out of the Willis Reed playbook, let alone JR, and oh my God, if he could dial that in consistently, so that he is more of a threat than simply in the highlight reel...damn. 

Obi and IQ play with a joy and a fearlessness that is contagious.  Did I mention that their play IS CONTAGIOUS. 

And IQ, like his Kentucky homie, Maxey, with good coaching and a steadfast belief in their game, is evolving into an NBA level combo with PG chops and the belieft in their team mates. 

PS: I am not dissmissing RJ, no indeed, but I am pleased to see that Thibs is presenting him and Evan with a challenge come the fourth quarter.  The hot hand gets the gravy. 

PPS: I could easily see our puppy from Houston joining the RJ/Burks/Fournier/Grimes rotation.  He is fearless, plays D like he means it, and capable of detonating from trey.

PPPS: The whole issue of Julius doing too much.  He is NOT selfish [witness his assists numbers, approaching Jokic country for a big], and yes he does tend to pound and over dribble and force the action, but there are stretches where he carries us.  IDEALLY, in some better world than this, JR would be a second or third option to TWO OTHER CERTIFIABLE SUPERSTARS.  Thibs LEANS ON JULIUS, in case you haven't noticed, and with more opportunities to succeed, there are also more opportunites to fail.  As we evolve this season, the emergence of IQ/Obi, the evolution of RJ, and the efficiency of Burks & Fournier, while not yet in the TWO OTHER SUPERSTAR MODE, should hopefully relieve Julius of this burden, and allow him to be more effective in those areas of strength which he clearly has.  A LITTLE RESPECT FOR JR, people. 

PPPPS: Nerlens/Mitchell, Kemba/Derrick

PPPPPS: Big test for Thibs tonight. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Phoenix
« Reply #21380 on: November 26, 2021, 07:51:15 PM »

Look GREAT

Tremendous pace and tempo and spacing on offense. 

Relenetless tenacity and multiple looks on D.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Small Ball
« Reply #21381 on: November 26, 2021, 10:42:13 PM »

PPPS: The whole issue of Julius doing too much.  He is NOT selfish [witness his assists numbers, approaching Jokic country for a big], and yes he does tend to pound and over dribble and force the action, but there are stretches where he carries us.  IDEALLY, in some better world than this, JR would be a second or third option to TWO OTHER CERTIFIABLE SUPERSTARS.  Thibs LEANS ON JULIUS, in case you haven't noticed, and with more opportunities to succeed, there are also more opportunites to fail.  As we evolve this season, the emergence of IQ/Obi, the evolution of RJ, and the efficiency of Burks & Fournier, while not yet in the TWO OTHER SUPERSTAR MODE, should hopefully relieve Julius of this burden, and allow him to be more effective in those areas of strength which he clearly has.  A LITTLE RESPECT FOR JR, people. 

Julius isn't the problem at all.  There's just very little chemistry in the starting lineup and how to change that will remain elusive for a while.  Maybe we were better with a defensive but limited PG and a steady 3andD guy who can't create over the new additions.   At least until something changes if we just keep running back the same sets we ran last year the team is going to struggle.   The whole is not greater than the sum of the parts right now.   Does the team need 20 more games to figure things out?  Possibly.

But i think the best version of this team has Kemba running an offensive orchestra with weapons everywhere.   As long as the team relies on the tried and true of Orange Julius and Blue there is a definite ceiling on the team.   Unless Kemba and Evan transform into Steph and Klay 2.0.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21382 on: November 27, 2021, 03:08:40 AM »

Fournier remains an enigma. Starts off lights out.  Then goes quiet.  Knix down 12 with just over 4' left in the half.  EvFo tries a little runner that front rims, then trots back next to Bridges who sprints away and catches a long pass for a transition layup.  Just seems Fournier tunes in and out.  His D rather spotty in this one.

Dev Book a terrific scorer.  Doesn't need much room.  Can score from anywhere.   Crafty.
Sort of sad to see Knox growing roots while Bridges is such a two-way delight.  Love guys like Bridges, TyH, Brogdon who just understand how to play.  Grimes getting minutes with Rose out.  Knox might as well be in Westchester.

Knix had a nice 1Q.
One Kemba-Mitch PnR sucked in the PHX D for an easy kick out for a Fournier 3.  Just love the options there.  Kemba can go to the rim or lob to Mitch or kick out.  I would have run that more.

I'm just up to halftime.
PHX rode a nice 2Q where the Knick offense got sticky with more iso, less movement and limited o-board ops.  I miss Taj.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21383 on: November 27, 2021, 10:24:01 AM »

Knox-Bridges angst always appreciated

Maybe add some Frank vs Monk for good measure.

I thought we were fine last night.  Suns are a juggernaut.  Beat us every quarter - by 6, by 7, by 4 and by 4.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 10:25:34 AM by kidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21384 on: November 27, 2021, 10:24:44 AM »

Rose was wearing a fez?  Wonder what that was about.
I got my fez in Marrakesh.

Knick transition D is poorly balanced and unaware.
How do you fail to identify and guard Booker on a fast break?

3Q PHX just look like the more talented and coherent team.
ObiT is still energy with mixed results.

Nice to hear Wally get to do a game.
He made some gaffes as when he said "every time he shoots it he touches it."
And here and there he's more in commentator than announcer mode.
But overall he does a solid job.  Just needs more reps.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21385 on: November 27, 2021, 10:06:04 PM »

Heh

Didnt know we were playing tonight

How valuable is Burks?

I think Bo had him as a sketchy signing.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Mr. heh (and lol) strikes YET again #43,836
« Reply #21386 on: November 27, 2021, 11:20:44 PM »

Heh

Didnt know we were playing tonight

How valuable is Burks?

I think Bo had him as a sketchy signing.

Chamaco, BoZ is your best, AND ONLY, friend in here.

I'm only telling you this because you're so STOOPID you may actually not know it.

You're welcome.

PS. It may do you some good to be sent to spend some time in a re-education camp in Xingiang, just saying...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 11:24:29 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21387 on: November 28, 2021, 03:32:26 AM »

That was a big win.

Those were the nine who need to play. Add Rose if you want to make it ten.

It may be time to waive Seldon and get Sims locked in long term.

Mitch, Sims, and Taj are our best centers.

Rose, Burks, and IQ are our best lead guards.

RJ, Julius, Evan, and Obi are a nice heart to our rotation.

Grimes has to be our best perimeter defender.

Glad McBride is at least getting GLeage run.

Ready to let go of Kemba and Noel as physically weak one way players do not seem to fit what we want to do or make life easier for the guys they share the floor with, at least compared to our other options at their positions. If we keep them, they should be highly situational.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21388 on: November 28, 2021, 10:50:15 AM »

If that game don't make you want to shout...you lost your shouter. Grimes-to-Obi oop highlight of the year to date. Good stuff, forces Thibs to confront all the things he clearly doesn't want to do...but has to
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 11:27:49 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21389 on: November 28, 2021, 12:14:02 PM »

Knicks will go back to their regular lineup.

Good teams can win at times without some cogs -a s we showed vs Hawks.

20 spot for EF.  Nice to see.  Keep getting to your spots, shooter man.
Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 ... 1844