Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899691 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Damn!!!
« Reply #21705 on: December 14, 2021, 03:03:30 PM »

...Bo needn't worry for awhile about overplaying our newest Bad Black Man:

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2021/12/14/knicks-quentin-grimes-health-and-safety-protocols/

goddammit

GODDAMMIT INDEED! Instant fan favorite and our only 3 pt. threat right now, and gone after one game.

DAMN!!!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
McBride
« Reply #21706 on: December 14, 2021, 08:23:49 PM »

All we are saying
Is give Deuce a chance

Two straight threes

I think I'm getting verklempt.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21707 on: December 14, 2021, 08:53:58 PM »

Nice win if we can get it

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21708 on: December 14, 2021, 09:31:45 PM »

Burks Rand le Quickley 12 for 41

Bring back Van Gundy as shooting coach.  10 mil might do it

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21709 on: December 14, 2021, 10:12:41 PM »

Evan Fournier is not just garbage. Somehow he is transmitting his bad habits to JR.

Kids look good though. That is nice.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #21710 on: December 14, 2021, 10:43:03 PM »

Evan Fournier is not just garbage. Somehow he is transmitting his bad habits to JR.

What game were you watching?

Julius scored what, 31?

Fournier scored what, 2?

Evan is spinning out of Earth orbit.

Baffling.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 05:30:10 AM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21711 on: December 14, 2021, 10:56:03 PM »

Julius evidently had a solid 4th Q.

McBride played the whole quarter.  Nice that he got the look.  Not nice that GS had 7 3s in the 4th.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21712 on: December 14, 2021, 11:01:28 PM »

He said Evan was not JUST garbage - not that Evan is not garbage

Point was that it affected Randle.  I cant get behind that - but wanted to point our your MISREAD, Stern.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21713 on: December 14, 2021, 11:08:04 PM »

Julius scored what, 32?

Fournier scored what, 2?

Evan is spinning out of Earth orbit.

Baffling.

Defensive lapses and TO
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Why oh why
« Reply #21714 on: December 14, 2021, 11:17:45 PM »

Why did not we get Patty Mills and let him go to the fuckin Nyets instead?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #21715 on: December 14, 2021, 11:26:12 PM »

I know that the Warriors might be the best team in the NBA, but the contrast in offensive schemes and movements felt....disheartening.

So many good passes and easy baskets on their end. Just a lot of flow.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Why oh why
« Reply #21716 on: December 15, 2021, 12:53:26 AM »

Why did not we get Patty Mills and let him go to the fuckin Nyets instead?

heh

Dunno...

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21717 on: December 15, 2021, 01:18:55 AM »

FourEva has been slumping.
Single digits and low FG% last 5 games.
Enigmatic player.
I was trying to explain this in the off-season, that he's a guy who looks the part but tunes out at times, goes silent.  Makes mistakes when he tries to do too much.  Not so easy to pin down, but I think he's just not a good team player for whatever reason (partly defensive lapses).  His focus just seems to ebb and flow.

I'd like to see Fournier cut and drive more.  Could use to get a FT now and then.  Easy points and a good way for a shooter to get in rhythm.  At least with our vet G's slumping, and guys pandemically disqualified, we're starting to get some run for our rooks.

The Kemba-Fournier additions haven't exactly panned out thus far.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21718 on: December 15, 2021, 02:01:39 AM »

Randle scored 11 straight Knick points to keep the Knix semi-attached from around the 4 to 2 minute mark left in the the 4Q.  A pair of 3's, a pair of FT's and 3 more.

Thibs minute management has been questionable all season.  I was amused when Burks became a starter, which meant instantly playing 40 mins a night.  We've seen nights where Randle and Mitch have looked exhausted out there. There was a game recently where Mitch struggled to change ends and the other team had a 5-on-4 simply because Mitch was fatigued.  Clyde, "Where's Mitch?"

Things getting shaky in the NBA.   Lots of players sidelined due to CV testing. Starting to limp towards XMas.

A boon for marginal NBAers such as Kessler Edwards who just put up 17 & 10 with 2 steals while absorbing 44 mins for a very shorthanded BKY team.

Concern that the Netizens are testing positive 8-10 days after playing the Bulls who were mostly infected at the time. 

NBA should probably restrict/eliminate post-game team mixing for starters.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Baffling
« Reply #21719 on: December 15, 2021, 05:50:01 AM »

As bad as we were shooting, we managed to hold our own, until the Warriors top tier discipline and execution put us away. 

Their ball movement, back cuts, pick and roll, are beautifully executed and a wonder to behold, even as a whuppin' is being administered. They create so many easy shots.  Beautiful execution. 

And once again, we are permitting a rain of threes to befall us.  Our customary third quarter breakdown. 

Our puppies McBride and Knox made a good case for themselves in 20 minues apiece, nevertheless, Thibs leaned on Burks and Rose to the tune of 34 and 39 minutes.  THIS is concerning. 

Julius was more decisive, which was encourating.  Leadership?  Making his teammates better?  Fournier and Burks were a combined 5-20.  One could point to Draymond Green as an archetype.  Fair enough, but Julius doesn't have Steph Curry to pass to. 

DECEMBER 15:  One has to wonder why Kemba, his shortcomings notwithstanding, got no burn?  Perhaps there is a trade on the table, and they are holding him out, hesitant to get him injured.  On the right team he could be an asset.  Fournier baffles me.  Passive on both sides of the ball.  Five shots, four threes.  One basket.  WTF?  Where are his back cuts and drives to the hoop, all that nice two man game he showed early on with JR.  One thing is your jumper ain't falling, but his passivity is unsettling.  Meanwhile we are piling on the minutes to Burks and Fournier, while "showcasing" Knox, who gives every indication of a possible blossoming, alas, for another team.  SIGH.  That's our Knicks.  Let's see if Scott Perry can pull a rabbit out his hat.  Another 2-4 weeks of this, and time to back up the truck, have a fire sale, PLAY OUR PUPPIES, and reboot for the draft and 2022-2023. 
Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 1844