Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1074809 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21825 on: December 20, 2021, 10:44:52 AM »

I would rather have Fournier than Gordon.

I'd rather have both
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21826 on: December 20, 2021, 10:55:03 AM »

A team like Minny could use another vet presence.  Such as a Gordon type.
Right now they have Pa Bev pushing the yutes and showing what hard work looks like.

RUSSELL is in his SEVENTH season

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #21827 on: December 20, 2021, 11:09:03 AM »

I loved the intensity Thibs brought to the team last year, especially on D. Big emphasis on accountability.

Now that has diminished. The defense is weak. Guys are floundering on offense. And the news that Thibs hasn't even talked to Walker since the demotion is a disappointing revelation of his shortcomings. 

We need to coalesce quickly. How will it be done? For me, the idea that magically everything will be good with the next trade is a pipe dream. We've got enough talent to work with right now.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21828 on: December 20, 2021, 11:12:49 AM »

Wouldnt you trade Knox, Taj + a middling pick for Gordon?

edit:  Probably need to add Burks and Danuel House
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 11:20:25 AM by kidcarter8 »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: So, so dumb
« Reply #21829 on: December 20, 2021, 11:14:10 AM »

Ergo, the solution is to cash them in ON OTHER VETERANS.

uh...

what?

Draft picks and matching contracts net us an improvement.

What part of Chip-s post do not you understand?

Oh, wait, you do not understand ANY PART OF IT.

It aint difficult, but you are so, so f-in DUMB!
- Help Chamaco Cartero! -(he needs it much more than Andy Parker)

Try responding to the final sentence rather than being butthurt by a reply not directed at you

Might make for decent conversation if you can handle that.

LMAO 😜 ChamAAco defending Chamaco.

Easier to have a -decent conversation- with a log than with either of you two 😳🥸
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 11:16:39 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
ELEPHANT: Thumbs Up
« Reply #21830 on: December 20, 2021, 12:03:27 PM »

I loved the intensity Thibs brought to the team last year, especially on D. Big emphasis on accountability.

Now that has diminished. The defense is weak. Guys are floundering on offense. And the news that Thibs hasn't even talked to Walker since the demotion is a disappointing revelation of his shortcomings. 

We need to coalesce quickly. How will it be done? For me, the idea that magically everything will be good with the next trade is a pipe dream. We've got enough talent to work with right now.

Agree. Brother ELEPHANT. 

Pipe Dreams?

Just ciicked a Sports Illustrated link on on line no less, not some Adam Dressler blogosphere pseudoPseudo expertise, though I was nevertheless suspicious: THREE PLAYERS THE KNICKS SHOULD TRADE FOR.  Take a wild guess.  Buddy Hield.  A top tier three point player, for sure, though in his own way, as inconsistent as Fournier.  OKAY [he was in flame thrower mode against the Spurs last night, hitting 7-9 treys]

WHO ELSE?

Bradley Beal and Damian Lilliard. 

DUH.  Why not Allan Iverson? Spare me. 

As for Thibs?  Difference in defense between last year and this year.  Payton and Bullock or something else?  I'm not advocating putting Thibs on a slow boat to China.  Certainly not a good message for our NEXT COACHing candidates, should that day eventually arrive. 

Still, while I think the THIBS DOESN'T DEVELOP YOUNG PLAYERS rap has been substantially discredited, it is worth noting that two enduring criticisms of TT were that he plays his top tier players too many damn minutes, and--AND--that there comes a point where his players tune him out.

Not sure that has happenned. 

HOWEVER, I agree with ELEPHANT that the revelation in which Thibs has NOT SPOKEN TO KEMBA since his demotion was VERY VERY TROUBLING. 

Whatsoever his failings might be on the down side of his autumnal years, Walker remains a potent scoring option AND A REALLY REALLY GOOD PERSON,beloved by team mates annd foes alike. 

Oh, and what is the team record since Kemba was benched.

Fuck the analytics.  WHAT IS OUR RECORD? 

And it took injuries to Rose and a COVID outbreak for Thibs TO BE FORCED AT GUNPOINT TO INSERT MILES MCBRIDE IN THE STARTING LINEUP, where lo and fucking behold, he demonstrated why we drafted him and WHY HE IS OUR BEST PG, before sure enough he went into Health & Safety Protocols. 

So now presumably we cannot even spot Kemba 10-15 minutes a night because of his crummy D

THIBS managed to find 23 minutes a night over 63 games last season for Elfrid, due to his superior D, never mind his crummy O

Finally, agree with ELEPHANT that a trading frenzy fire sale is PRECISELY WHAT WE DO NOT NEED, that we have the talent on hand.  I mean, a sensible trade?  Why not?  But again, a fire sale is NOT THE MESSAGE WE WANT TO CONVEY TO FREE AGENTS, now, is it?  Two months and you're done?  By that reasoning we should have dumped RJ after his first season. 

PS: Kemba cited AC Johnny Bryant for his support during this challenging period. 

PPS: One thing we are clearly lacking, howsoever well Noel and Mitchell guard the paint, is some sort of offensive presence down low.  It doesn't--DIDN'T--necessarily need to be Myles Turner, but the likes of Robin Lopez were out there, Javele McGee, and BoD's disdain notwithstanding, wouldn't 25 minutes a night of Bobby Portis look good right about now?  NO, I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF DUMPING NERLENS OR MITCHELL, let alone for Eric Gordon, and we do have Jericho Sims pickling on the bench, but....

In any event, now is not the time for fire sales, and as for Thibs and Kemba, the least TT can do for Kemba is respect him as much as he did Elfrid Payton.   
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 01:15:40 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
COVID
« Reply #21831 on: December 20, 2021, 12:06:22 PM »

While Thibs is conjuring up ways to diminish Kemba's trade value. fuck next man up. 

We have now reached the ALL HANDS ON DECK aspect of the looming COVID reality. 

The Celtics just recalled Luke Kornet and Theo Pinson from their Maine affiliate. 

Sound familiar?  Though another report puts Pinson on the Mavs. 

PS: Thibs, put your fucking mask on. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 12:16:28 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Nets Postscript
« Reply #21832 on: December 20, 2021, 12:10:53 PM »

So Kyrie is returning for road games?

Do TELL? 

And is presently in Health & Safety protocols with other members of their Big Three. 

QUESTION? 

How long before his unvaccinated status bites the Nets in the ass?  Even if he is asymptomatic, Kyrie is very vulnerable to this exceptionally transmissable new variant.  This puts him in danger of becoming quite ill and of potentially putting team mates and opponents in the eye of the storm. 

And yet Kyrie has the sheer chutzaph to compare his narcissistic posturing to the courageous actvisim of Muhammad Ali, who was threatened with prison and not getting paid 17 million a year to work out in his home gym, motherfucker. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 12:18:10 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Dotson
« Reply #21833 on: December 20, 2021, 12:19:34 PM »

Dotson's return
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Dotson
« Reply #21834 on: December 20, 2021, 01:18:38 PM »

Dotson's return

Oh, wow. 

Was sorry he washed out with the Cavs. 

But as a Knick from time to time he went postal from three, and was a stout defender. 

PS: THE ENTIRE SEASON IS IN PERIL. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: ELEPHANT: Thumbs Up
« Reply #21835 on: December 20, 2021, 01:36:33 PM »

PPS: One thing we are clearly lacking, howsoever well Noel and Mitchell guard the paint, is some sort of offensive presence down low.  It doesn't--DIDN'T--necessarily need to be Myles Turner, but the likes of Robin Lopez were out there, Javele McGee, and BoD's disdain notwithstanding, wouldn't 25 minutes a night of Bobby Portis look good right about now?  NO, I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF DUMPING NERLENS OR MITCHELL, let alone for Eric Gordon, and we do have Jericho Sims pickling on the bench, but....

We can't afford another Center who doesn't shoot threes.  We need to play five-out.  You don't want Julius Randle to be doubled by a Center in the paint.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: ELEPHANT: Thumbs Up
« Reply #21836 on: December 20, 2021, 01:59:31 PM »

We can't afford another Center who doesn't shoot threes.  We need to play five-out.  You don't want Julius Randle to be doubled by a Center in the paint.

Good point. 

Luke Kornet, anyone? 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21837 on: December 20, 2021, 02:14:55 PM »

Kornet to Cavs.  Pinson to Mavis.  Neither to Boston.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21838 on: December 20, 2021, 02:23:22 PM »

I don't want Gordon and his contract at all.  He'd break down after Thibs plays him 40 mins one night.  Btw, Danuel House was waived the other day.

Tangelo and KAT are the same age and experience.  Young vets unable to lead.  T'angelo shooting 39% FG this season.  And his defense is likely, as always, terrible. 
All that for just $29M!  A flashy mess. KAT also a chump on D. KAT needs a change of scenery.

That Wiggins for Tangelo trade was excellent for GSW.  They also got a 1st rounder which they just used on Kuminga (#7 overall) who kind of reminds me of a defensive version of ObiT.  (They could have drafted all-around swiss army knife Franz Wagner, who went 8th an could have been a nice Win Now piece for them).  Kuminga a raw athletic 19 year old.

Wiggins has rounded into a real nice player.  GSW does a great job of developing players.
Wiggins and Kuminga for D'Russell.

Always liked Kornet.  Tougher than he looks.  Competes.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21839 on: December 20, 2021, 02:54:45 PM »

AW could always play

16+ PER three times in Minnesota

17.4 current
Pages: 1 ... 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 ... 1852