Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1502 1503 [1504] 1505 1506 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899363 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22545 on: January 29, 2022, 02:31:32 AM »

Knix hung around.  Mostly due to FourEva J's.
4Ev also had one of those games where a poor defender suddenly tries to defend and overdoes it.  Just get in solid position and stay in front of your man, and navigate screens as well as you can.  Instead he fouled like mad unnecessarily.

RJB played hard as usual.  10 FT's.  and made them.

Mitch needs to get some arc on his FT's.  Can't be leaving so many points on the court.  Mitch got his hands on a ton of rebounds, but MIL did a good job all game of gang rebounding and tipping the ball away from Mitch.  Then late, MIL got a bunch of off-boards to help drain the clock.

Kemba helped give us some ball movement.  +6 with him; -21 without.  Probably why he was out there late.  Sure feels like IQ is who he is and has plateaued.  He can't shoot FT's or floaters any better really.  His 3 is pretty good.  And he just doesn't seem to have PG mentality or skills.  IQ has gotten a bit more pesky on D.  Better than last year.  Bench energizer/scorer.  Which is fine.  But doesn't help us with our PG issue.

MIL didn't play particularly well, yet didn't have much trouble knocking off the Knix.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 09:49:35 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
????
« Reply #22546 on: January 29, 2022, 10:43:32 AM »

HUUUUUGE game tonight

In looking cohesive and competitive, if not winning

And why was this game special?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22547 on: January 29, 2022, 11:39:09 AM »

4Ev also had one of those games where a poor defender suddenly tries to defend and overdoes it.  Just get in solid position and stay in front of your man, and navigate screens as well as you can.  Instead he fouled like mad unnecessarily.

Rofl...Fournier played excellent D all game long. He had exactly TWO fouls through the last four minutes ... at which point we are DESPERATELY SCRAPPING to make up that deficit. Ya need steals and stops, you'll overplay and get called.

Well, at least four of the five Knicks on the floor were desperately scrapping to make up that deficit.

One was CHECKED OUT.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Normal as Fuk!
« Reply #22548 on: January 29, 2022, 11:46:48 AM »

Meanwhile, we're talking reparations? We're talking M'FN HAMSTER REPARATIONS?

Yes we are.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/hong-kong-government-offers-hamster-reparations-covid-19-fight-2467016

But it's too late to make nice...they will not be forgotten nor their loved ones silenced.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/29/1076606146/opinion-a-case-for-hong-kongs-hamsters
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22549 on: January 29, 2022, 01:15:45 PM »

HUUUUUGE game tonight

Mission accomplished.  We're fine.

But watching ESN's game one we can see what we are lacking, as Lakers showed what a real alpha can do (Westbrook 30 in second half) and Hornets had great spacing, winning the game even though they had a real tough time finishing LA off (Russ missed 3 at the buzzer)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22550 on: January 29, 2022, 02:03:04 PM »

Fournier spent the first 5 minutes of the game drifting way far from Gray Allen.  So helped muck up the paint some.  The one time they kicked to Allen, Mitch rotated out quickly.  Then Gray adjusted.  6:50 mark, FourEva keeps swiveling his head even though JRue is doubled in the paint.  Loses track of Gray Son who hits an uncontested 3.  Very next play, Gray goes right around the forever drifting Fournier and tips the o-rebound to Connaught.  Then subbed out for Grimes/2nd unit.  In his 2nd rotation, 4Ev gave up an open corner 3 late 2Q, only negated because Portis knocked over Noel down low.

Entire 1st half of iffy D, as 4Eva constantly drifted far off his man.  Wasn't much damage as 4Ev tasked with guarding the least offensive Buck, first Gray Son then Hill/DiVicenzo.  The one time 4Ev doubled was ineffective, leaving his man open on the baseline, though the pass went to Anti-Greek for a dunk.  1st half, I'd call it mediocre D (below average).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22551 on: January 29, 2022, 02:21:59 PM »

Shhh. Bo, we are trying to trade him.

Thibs rotations make sense if Fournier, Walker, and a few others can play acceptably for a few games. That would go some way to help our chances of moving them.

Expect status quo till the deadline or until we do some business.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #22552 on: January 29, 2022, 02:59:43 PM »

Fournier spent the first 5 minutes of the game drifting way far from Gray Allen.  So helped muck up the paint some.  The one time they kicked to Allen, Mitch rotated out quickly.  Then Gray adjusted.  6:50 mark, FourEva keeps swiveling his head even though JRue is doubled in the paint.  Loses track of Gray Son who hits an uncontested 3.  Very next play, Gray goes right around the forever drifting Fournier and tips the o-rebound to Connaught.  Then subbed out for Grimes/2nd unit.  In his 2nd rotation, 4Ev gave up an open corner 3 late 2Q, only negated because Portis knocked over Noel down low.

Entire 1st half of iffy D, as 4Eva constantly drifted far off his man.  Wasn't much damage as 4Ev tasked with guarding the least offensive Buck, first Gray Son then Hill/DiVicenzo.  The one time 4Ev doubled was ineffective, leaving his man open on the baseline, though the pass went to Anti-Greek for a dunk.  1st half, I'd call it mediocre D (below average).

lol, lol, lol..

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Whaaaaaaaaat?
« Reply #22553 on: January 29, 2022, 03:20:23 PM »

HUUUUUGE game tonight

Mission accomplished.  We're fine.

But watching ESN's game one we can see what we are lacking, as Lakers showed what a real alpha can do (Westbrook 30 in second half) and Hornets had great spacing, winning the game even though they had a real tough time finishing LA off (Russ missed 3 at the buzzer)

Mission accomplished?

WHAT MISSION? U run this team now?

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
Normal as Fuk Fuk!
« Reply #22554 on: January 29, 2022, 04:52:45 PM »

Lunar New Year is China's biggest holiday. For the third straight year, many families will be forced to spend it apart

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/24/china/china-wuhan-lockdown-two-years-mic-intl-hnk/index.html

I swear I pointed this phenomena out to Bo and he sputtered you're lying it never happened and then muttered Zach Randolph Scary Negro Mother Lover Posse Thug Virus Fake Weibo News....

In a viral video, Dong Hong, head of Dancheng county, was heard saying at a meeting that "anyone returning home from medium- or high-risk areas will be quarantined and then detained. "Amid a firestorm of criticism, Dong later said he was only referring to people who don't obey local prevention policies and "maliciously return home." But many questioned how the desire to reunite with one's family could be seen as malevolent. "Is it wrong for a migrant worker who toils day and night, who lives far away from home, to return to his hometown and reunite with his family during his only few days of annual holiday?" asked a widely shared post on Weibo, China's Twitter-like platform. "We can all understand the severity of the (Covid) situation, and we can abide the prevention and control rules, but we should also be able to fulfill our wishes to go home for the Lunar New Year."

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22555 on: January 29, 2022, 05:24:18 PM »

Through Leon - and in LEON we trust

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Big Boss Chamaco
« Reply #22556 on: January 29, 2022, 05:39:18 PM »

Through Leon - and in LEON we trust

BIG BOSS CHAMACO... LMAO

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22557 on: January 29, 2022, 11:53:47 PM »

Maybe all the ObiT chants and cheers have gotten to Randle's head.
Maybe trading ObiT would relieve his burden and regain his glory.

Doesn't seem like the Knix are going to make any trade.
We really need a starting PG and one isn't available
(except Fox and maybe Lillard, but what could we offer, and do we want either of them anyway).
Bo says No.
I'd be trying to trade for TyH, Brogdon and Brunson.  All could be available.

Mitch would seem our best trade asset.  Then ObiT.  Noel.
If Rose were healthy, he might be the kind of smart scoring vet some lower playoff teams might covet.
4Eva has consistency and defensive issues, but also can light it up. 
Could trade some of those for a solid switchable 3&D wing.
Covington a bit creaky.  Dwight Powell/Kleber more F/C's.
Siakim pricey.

Maybe Red Cam can be that 3&D wing we need.
A couple games ago he had a real nice block and then some other good defensive plays late 4Q.  An erratic scorer, but capable of scoring from anywhere.
I'd like to see the Cammishioner get some significant court time.
Yute development is all this season promises.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 12:47:14 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22558 on: January 30, 2022, 12:39:19 AM »

TyH bounced back from two subpar games, dropping 38 on HI (with 3 steals, 7 assists).  Looks like '6ers tried to sic ThyBull on him, and tyH tagged fouls on him and got him out.  (12 FT's; 4 fouls in just 11 min for Thybull).

Wiggy seems like the kind of guy who will take the AS award and play better post-validation. 

I'm sure it's happened before, but it's hard to think of another healthy player so locked in and focused one year and then as perplexed and distracted the next as Julius Randle last year to this one.   
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22559 on: January 30, 2022, 01:42:40 AM »

Maybe Red Cam can be that 3&D wing we need.
A couple games ago he had a real nice block and then some other good defensive plays late 4Q.  An erratic scorer, but capable of scoring from anywhere.
I'd like to see the Cammishioner get some significant court time.
Yute development is all this season promises.

Thibs just stated no court time for Reddish unless there is an  injury

Loyalty to current roster is impressive

Pages: 1 ... 1502 1503 [1504] 1505 1506 ... 1844