Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1504 1505 [1506] 1507 1508 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914055 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22575 on: January 31, 2022, 03:18:11 AM »

So Knix blew all their cap space on Fournier and Walker.
Any idea how much cap space Knix will have this summer?
Looks like just the amount of the annual cap increase, maybe $5M - $8M.  Which is in the range of MLE exceptions which most teams have available.  So virtually nothing.

Knix are on the hook for $9M to Kemba next year.
Noah's $6.5M finally coming off, but that's eaten up by everyone's annual raises.
Taj's $5M isn't guaranteed, but even that savings would be eaten up by Randle's new contract bump.  Mitch still needs to be re-signed. 

Ideally, I'd want to have last year's $25M cap space back.  And offer Brunson $18M - $20M.  DAL would have a hard time matching that.

For those praising the front office, they sure pissed away the Knix big cap space hoard.  Not sure who else will be available in FA this Summer, but Knix could have punted last year -- after trying for FVV and/or Ball -- and been big players this year.  BOS old backcourt of Kemba and FourEva -- $26M this; $27M next -- unsurprisingly wasn't worth it.  Much rather have FVV or BallZo at an overpay of $25M.  Or rollover the cap space to this Summer.

I guess it's difficult/unlikely Knix will have the cap space to add Brunson or anything much beyond a role player. 

Btw, Randle has a 15% trade kicker.  Also, makes an extra $1M this year if he makes the all-Defensive team.  Really.  Or the AS team.  Or Knix make the playoffs and Randle plays in 65 games.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Condescension at no Extra Charge
« Reply #22576 on: January 31, 2022, 04:44:12 AM »

Your trolling persistence is impressive.  But you still know nothing about China or life in China under Covid, while the articles you cite are often alarmist and/or misleading.  Ready for some help?

Buy Advil at the corner store? The cops know instantly, the "residential committee" will give you a courtesy call, and you may has well march straight into isolation.

Impressive how everything you wrote is wrong:
1) Advil isn't sold here.  Tylenol is.  Even my Chinese doctor friends have never heard of Advil. 
2) The police have nothing to do with this.  The gov't knows who buys Tylenol, because while it's OTC, you need to show your ID card/passport and the purchase is entered into the system (with name, phone number, ID #).
3) you can walk straight to any hospital or clinic or probably the neighborhood committee itself and get tested for free.  The idea is to encourage people with possible fevers to get CV tested. 

Not sure if one negative result restores your green health code status.  The reporter is mildly alarmist about people losing their green status, but doesn't bother to explain how easy/difficult restoration is.  It might take just a couple hours.

Also, pressuring cold medicine buyers to get tested is an extra measure being applied in Beijing, as BJ deals with both the Olympics and a minor outbreak (40+ cases).  So this might apply to 20M people in one city, and affect a somewhat small subset thereof, but isn't national policy.

Days after buying over-the-counter medicine from a pharmacy in Beijing, university student Yu was stunned to find her prized green health code -- the essential rating needed to enter the city's shops, offices and public transport -- was gone.

Health-tracking apps are now required for entry almost everywhere, including offices, transport stations, stores, malls and taxis.
Without it, normal life grinds to a halt.

This is what I mean by misleading.  The writer should make it clear that that is strictly a new and likely temporary Beijing policy, which is now extra-stringent during the Olympics (and a minor outbreak of a few dozen cases).  In Shanghai, the green health code is only needed to enter gov't buildings.  The only time I ever use it is to enter the (gov't) hospital grounds.  The subway, office buildings, taxis, stores, bars, etc. don't require a health code.

Bottom line: for 1.3B in China, life is CV-free and close to normal.  To maintain that, a few border towns face repeated lockdowns, Xi'an got locked down for 2 weeks, mass testing is implemented when mini-outbreaks occur; Beijing locked down a few neighborhoods, apparently is relying on health codes more, and now is pressuring cold medicine purchasers to get tested. 

Maintaining a CV-free environment is not easy, and there will be some inconvenience and hardships, but it's certainly way way better than a million dead and tens of million sickened, the health care system overwhelmed, people's lives disrupted for years, and living with daily fear.  I'm unvaccinated and usually mask free (I wear it when required or the rare occasions everybody else is wearing one) and go out in public without worry.  Wish others had those same options, freedom and peace of mind.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 04:46:16 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
What a Dawg Know
« Reply #22577 on: January 31, 2022, 06:03:21 AM »

Your trolling persistence is impressive.  But you still know nothing about China

Son, the first time I went to China was way back, Darlie toothpaste had still yet to er...."fully transition"..., was after Zach Randolph's birth, but before he smoked his first blunt with the "thugs" and the "sewer rats," and maybe around the time your attitudes about Black people were fully forming!

https://mothership.sg/2016/12/how-darkie-became-darlie-and-why-it-still-keeps-its-chinese-name-which-basically-means-darkie/

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 10:17:56 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Get a mop and clean the spittle off of your chin
« Reply #22578 on: January 31, 2022, 06:07:53 AM »

Impressive how everything you wrote is wrong:
1) Advil isn't sold here.  Tylenol is.  Even my Chinese doctor friends have never heard of Advil. 

The saliva-soaked sputtering about the details is hilarious.

The painkiller brand matters not.

I pulled "Advil" out of my ass, lol. No ANAL SWAB necessary.
I don't care what brands you buy.  Whether you choose Hei Ren Ya Gao toothpaste or Yunnan Baiyao. Has nothing to do with anything. If you prefer uncut Fentanyl for your headaches, L-dawg approves! And street dealers def less likely to trigger the Amber Alert.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:32:39 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Normal as Fickety Fackety Fuk!!!
« Reply #22579 on: January 31, 2022, 06:19:17 AM »

Also, pressuring cold medicine buyers to get tested is an extra measure being applied in Beijing, as BJ deals with both the Olympics and a minor outbreak (40+ cases).  So this might apply to 20M people in one city, and affect a somewhat small subset thereof, but isn't national policy.

rofl....you don't like that article, you don't like that writer, it's really just a tiny subset of here for a wee short time and definitely not there

Sorry Chi Bo...you're the one who don't know $%#... maybe the Gray Lady can help ya learn, fresh off da press!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/30/world/asia/covid-restrictions-china-lockdown.html

The police had warned Xie Yang, a human rights lawyer, not to go to [NOT BEIJING] to visit the mother of a dissident. He went to the airport anyway...His phone health code app, a digital pass indicating possible exposure to the coronavirus was green, which meant he could travel...His home city[NOWHERE NEAR BEIJING]]had no Covid-19 cases, and he had not left in weeks....Then his app turned red, flagging him as high risk. Airport security tried to put him in quarantine, but he resisted......

REALLY SEZ BO..IT'S JUST A HELPFUL HAPPY HEALTHY HEART APP, KINDA LIKE HAVING A FITBIT!

The foundation of the controls is the health code. The local authorities, working with tech companies, generate a user profile based on location, travel history, test results and other health data. The code color green, yellow or red  determines whether the holder is allowed into buildings or public spaces. Its use is enforced by legions of local officials with the power to quarantine residents or restrict their movements....a potent techno-authoritarian tool for Mr. Xi as he intensifies his campaigns against corruption and dissent
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 07:05:56 AM by lesterluv »

lesterluv

• View Profile
BO KNOWS ... absolutely nothing!
« Reply #22580 on: January 31, 2022, 07:35:12 AM »

2) The police have nothing to do with this...

lol, have nothing to do with this? The police developed the f'in app ya chucklehead, together with Alibaba...

While the police are not the only stakeholder, they have played the leading role in providing and using intelligence. With professional staff and working mechanism, they are privileged in integrating the data from other departments and enterprises. The first Health Code App was developed jointly by Alibaba Group, Hangzhou Police Department, and other governmental departments (Zhang and Tang, 2020). The system was then widely adopted across China. Other police departments also came up with databases and predicting models to identify the infected. Handheld devices were designed and put into use to check individual identification and their history of contacts. The police in Shanghai city install a sensor box in the house door of people in quarantine and a camera in the corridor. When the door is opened without permission, the box would send alarm to the police station and the camera would capture snapshots as evidence.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7798653/

lol, lol, and if ya think i'm wrong on that, take it up with the guy who wrote it.

Ole Feng Jian is down your way, at the Center for Capital Social Safety, Peoples Public Security University of China, Beijing.

Go by and chat him up. App wont let you get on the train? Shoot him an email [email protected]!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 11:21:03 AM by lesterluv »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #22581 on: January 31, 2022, 08:42:23 AM »

More than a few..some probably with pretty good return, call us up Portland, Covington is washed, you need a Julius bad!

And what does Portland offer us in return?

Probably a three-teamer I'd guess, with lots of stuff moving around, but they surely have assets, and yes CJ is a fine one.

Achieving a Julius-free environment is not easy, and there will be some inconvenience and hardships.

***a Julius-fixed environment would be fine too, but think probably impossible now, he's as broke as Ben Simmons. If Thibs can pull it off give him a third COY I say!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22582 on: January 31, 2022, 11:02:54 AM »

Missing the point with a Randle trade - it wouldnt be to save the season - wouldnt be a parallel move talent-wise.  It would be to help the team who gets Randle get over the hump while giving us future value.

If we are looking to make the playoffs or die - Julius stays at least til summer. 
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22583 on: January 31, 2022, 11:13:14 AM »

I guess it's difficult/unlikely Knix will have the cap space to add Brunson or anything much beyond a role player.

It's widee open for Leon at this point

He can deal off valuable assets
He can deal off youth for current assets
He can stand pat and run it back with another (possibly lottery) pick added.

I think he will try ALL. See what the offers are.  In other words - YES, Fournier and Randle will be dangled.  Yes - Leon will take calls on Obi, on Mitch, on IQ, on  Grimes, not being quick to jump but being curious - as any good NBA management level guy should.  He MAY at this time have one untouchable - #9.  We shall see.

Have a nice day, all.  Let's alll pray we dont end up 24-32 after this next run of play..

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22584 on: January 31, 2022, 11:19:52 AM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22585 on: January 31, 2022, 11:29:37 AM »

Basically, from '22 -'23

Randle -  4 mil more
Fournier -  +1 mil
Rose - +1 mil
Burks - +.5 mil
Walker - +.5 mil
Barrett - +2.25 mil
Toppin - +.2 mil
Gibson -  - 5 mil
Reddish (vs Knox) - +1.3 mil
Quickley - +.1 mil
Grimes - +.1 mil
Robinson -  -1.8 mil (if let go)
McBride - +.65 mil
Noah  -6.4 mil

Knicks need DEALS to free up any cash at all.  Only options are on Taj (keep at 5 mil) and Mitch (re-sign at who knows how much).

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: BoZ KNOWS ...
« Reply #22586 on: January 31, 2022, 01:08:12 PM »

lol, have nothing to do with this? The police developed the f'in app, together with Alibaba...

Hey, Les, we all know BoZ is thoroughly re-educated (and maskless and UNVACCINATED), as well as his "love" for Blacks and Hispanics, but...

I miss your signature

*** Mike Byrd said, "Bitch, you ain't getting into this house." BAM!***

It was a work of art. I think you should keep it, at least until ChamAAco takes down his own on Bitch Babbiit.

You can actually have both, the bitchy one and the new one about how free they are in BoZ's China.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22587 on: January 31, 2022, 03:04:34 PM »

Btw, the TOR-MIA game was amazing.
Here's the 4Q replay: https://nbafullhd.com/61330-2/
& the OT's: https://nbafullhd.com/61331-2/
Playoff intensity, physical, heroics.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: BoZ KNOWS ...
« Reply #22588 on: January 31, 2022, 04:40:30 PM »

I miss your signature

*** Mike Byrd said, "Bitch, you ain't getting into this house." BAM!***

It was a work of art. I think you should keep it, at least until ChamAAco takes down his own on Bitch Babbiit.

You can actually have both, the bitchy one and the new one about how free they are in BoZ's China.

You're right, Carlos, you're right. I couldn't help myself, tho, Bo provides endless delights....poke him a little and he says the absolute stupidest things!

lol, have nothing to do with this? The police developed the f'in app ya chucklehead,

*** sometimes Chamaco comes close..what was that siggy? Patriotism is not a race it's a ..chemical?..a mineral?..a vegetable?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 05:00:08 PM by lesterluv »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22589 on: February 01, 2022, 12:18:11 AM »

Nice all around game.

Thibs saved it when he pulled and buried Kemba Walker.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1504 1505 [1506] 1507 1508 ... 1848