Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 1854

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1082245 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3855 on: January 29, 2019, 11:41:40 PM »

That is good.

And Suns nearly beat the Spurs.
Suns have blown a number of tight games.  Knix too, I suppose.

Worst record is a good thing (but not as good as it was).
Top 5 pick sounds good to me.  With a  40% chance of Top 3 (or whatever the actual numbers).  I'll take it.

But just 1 W less than Suns, Bulls, Cavs.
Won't be easy, but something to root for . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
OUR MONSTER
« Reply #3856 on: January 29, 2019, 11:58:21 PM »

BTW, am I the only one who loves watching Mitchell Robinson? Entertainment value in that guy. It's not just his reach, he's got some real instincts as a shot blocker. If he gets better....I mean if he actually gets better....who knows what the man will turn into.

Mitchell all the way. He’s a beast, on his way to being OUR MONSTER. Love the guy, we never had anything like him.

Les, I don’t particularly like Fiz and especially his picking fights with players he don’t like and lack of coaching abilities. That being said, I’m very happy we’re last. We must ensure we’re in the bottom three to give us the best chance at landing you-know-who. Then we can give Enes a reasonable contract and get us a real coach. Not that is going down that way, but what the heck, one can hope.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: January 30, 2019, 12:03:40 AM »

We end up with Zion, we're gonna owe him for sure. Start naming our babies Wizdale. Nothing half-assed about this plane ride to hell.

***Of course, then you gotta pick up the pieces and build a basketball team.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: January 30, 2019, 12:10:21 AM »

The next team won't just have a Top 5 draft pick.

It will have Kristaps Porzingis.

Fizdale should show he can win 45-50 with that group.

He deserves that chance.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 12:13:38 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: January 30, 2019, 12:53:51 AM »

We end up with Zion, we're gonna owe him for sure. Start naming our babies Wizdale. Nothing half-assed about this plane ride to hell.

***Of course, then you gotta pick up the pieces and build a basketball team.

That’s where the part about getting us a real coach comes into play.

Name Wizdale sounds cool though.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: January 30, 2019, 12:57:01 AM »

this is considered  a weak draft after the top 3.

NY will have an excellent chance to fall out of that group.

even with Zion and KP this team is not a .500 team unless they snare  KD or Irving.  (why they would leave great teams to go to a poor one is beyond me.

as constituted they are a lottery team again.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: January 30, 2019, 06:36:53 AM »

Knix need a starting PG.
That will make a big difference.

I'm not a draftnik, but there's always a handful of guys outside the elite top group who are quality NBA starters (with usually an all-star tucked in there somewhere).  With a Top 6 pick  or better, the Knix will have a chance to add a talented young player.  We've been a pretty good drafting team the past decade plus.

.500 in the East isn't that difficult.  MI and CHA hanging around there.  Nets zoomed past that.  Really the 5th seed is wide open in the East.  Hell, maybe the 4th seed this year with Oladipo done.

Knix will be a very young team next year.  KZ, Knox, Franc, Draft pick, Trier, Mitch, Kornet.  Plus whoever sticks around out of Von La, Mud, Datsun, etc.  That's up to 10.  We could probably use some savvy vets as fill-in.  Hopefully just one of Tim/Courtly.  Kant gone.  Zonja probably gone.  Burke doesn't seem in the plans (?)  Maybe another year of Lance.  Hopefully healthy.

So add in Kyrie, Kemba, Conley and you have a playoff competitive team.  Might want to consider Biz's idea of Conley.  NYK can see if some package of Tim Jr, Franc and Lance would be enough.  Conley a grinder who has health issues now and then and owed $66M the next two years.  But he's a 2-way PG who could run the show and steady a young group.  Would add just $1.5M to Knix next year cap.

Doable if Griz liked Franc and Tim enough.  Conley only aging on a team going nowhere ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: January 30, 2019, 10:46:33 AM »

Caught the last 1/3 of the Suns-Spurs tilt.

Rich Holmes fouled out and oddly Uber guarded LMA the last 4 mins.
Didn't do badly, with some help.  Mostly had to front LMA.
Uber was active on the boards all game.  Missed 2 open 3's and had 2 dunks in the last 5 mins or so.  Up and down, good effort game.

Funny, Forbes has a by-far worst -19 for SA, but made a few big shots that kept them with the lead around the 5 and 4 minutes mark.

Big game for Booker.  He had B2B highlight plays.  A 1-on-2 fast break in which he reached back and flipped it in.  Then got stymied on a drive blindly reached around Vertans and bounced it to the corner.  Craw wasn't there yet, but Booker bounced it slowly, so craw was there when the ball got there.  Craw launched and hit.  Craw shot everything and did well. 

Bridges got unleashed in the last few minutes, with a layup, a dunk and a big time steal and dunk with 20 secs left to tie the game.  Setting the stage for a Gay 20 footer at the buzzer.  Fun game.
Scrappy.  One play there were 4 bodies on the floor (Uber first man down defending the rim).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: January 30, 2019, 02:24:05 PM »

I see KO back to wayward shooting (33%) the last 4, though his combined -20 vs strong teams, 3 on the road, not too bad.

Gettin his chance....
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: January 30, 2019, 02:25:32 PM »

I should add Kelly has had more than 2 assists 4 times in his last 12.......(inc 7 in one game)

Progress, I guess.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: OUR MONSTER
« Reply #3865 on: January 30, 2019, 02:29:48 PM »

BTW, am I the only one who loves watching Mitchell Robinson? Entertainment value in that guy. It's not just his reach, he's got some real instincts as a shot blocker. If he gets better....I mean if he actually gets better....who knows what the man will turn into.

Mitchell all the way. He’s a beast, on his way to being OUR MONSTER. Love the guy, we never had anything like him.

Joe C Meriwether says hello.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: January 30, 2019, 02:36:36 PM »

Always liked that guy.  He died too young. 

Excellent college player.  He played with Mike Glenn.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: January 30, 2019, 05:42:14 PM »

this is considered  a weak draft after the top 3.

NY will have an excellent chance to fall out of that group.

even with Zion and KP this team is not a .500 team unless they snare  KD or Irving.  (why they would leave great teams to go to a poor one is beyond me.

as constituted they are a lottery team again.

Actually, I heard some say after 1 it's questionable, but after 2 or I guess maybe 3 (Morant - who's risen quite a bit - or Barrett - dropping?) there's another big drop off.

We know that the NBA now is so much about the concept of "assets" as well as other such themes taken from lawyer and economist paradigms. These perspectives are ever more used to understand decision making by teams, and is often attributed to what goes on inside of the "wiser" organizations.

The Knicks have historically not been so good at this, particularly with Phil, yet now we're trying to be more like this. As if chelu2 finally had a say.

The hiring of Fiz, as far as I understand, was in line with this. He was vetted by Perry and Mills as a FLEXIBLE and MODERN NBA coach, open to new ideas, analytics, all the new NBA stuff, as well as for his personality. I suspect this was not just about handling the media, or appealing to the newer generation of NBA players with as they call it in soccer, "man management," but also to coaching as more of a manager - so one who uses those who they surround themselves with - to help guide their work. So being not the best Xs and O's coach isn't as much of a problem.

I could be wrong, but it strikes me that this could be what's going on, and in other words, part of this relates to our losing. It's part of the process and not just about getting the worst record, which everyone knows is not as valuable as it was before the new draft rules this year.

So, this pick, despite Knick fans desperate for young players to "develop" may not be for that. It may be used in other ways to improve the team. Sadly this is hard to swallow for a decent portion of our fans.

We've been so traumatized by so many bad situations with young players traded that we can barely think straight about it. The idea of trading KP or Frank, or Knox or the draft pick, even for someone of AD's qualty is too difficult to fathom as even a concept. That type of response sounds like those I work with that say they won't trust anyone because they've been burned, when we know that's not a healthy concept for human beings to follow.

Let's see what happens. Right now I'm not exactly overjoyed, but we could get pretty good next year, or really good if things go our way.

If we don't get the #1 pick all is not necessarily lost, nor do I suspect it to be the plan. Why? Fiz and the Knicks would be even more completely ridiculous than we ever have been to assume we'd get because probability says is far more likely to not happen.

No #1 pick means the world will not end, and the season will not necessarily be a waste. If we don't get a top 1-2 pick, although it may still hurt, because part of building a "winning culture" is going through growing pains and transition of players you want in and don't want out. Fiz, Perry and Mills, as far as I can tell, are on the same page about this, so like Kam says, we have to see what happens over the summer to get some better sense of where we will be.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:55:04 PM by PrezIke »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: January 30, 2019, 06:30:09 PM »

Like I have said - brother - just have to HIT on the pick, be it 1, 3, 6 or 9.

I like Marant enough

I like Hachimura

Reddish and Barrett - sure.

I am sure there will be 2 or 3 others.

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: January 30, 2019, 07:54:27 PM »

Ike,  mordant is flying the bird and Barrett is considered a solid wing.

so Zion clearly the #1 pick then Morant or Barrett based on need.  almost every mock has those 3 at the top and Morant you tube videos are eye popping.

I'd take any of those 3.

hopefully Ny can trade some contracts to open as much space as possible because only Knox and Robinson are keepers IMO.

deal #!

Hardaway and EK packaged for   Rondo, Pope, Lance, Beasley ( all expiring)  Lakers get rebounder ( expiring) and shooter.

we get space.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 1854