Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1853

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1081151 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Fizdale's strategy makes sense
« Reply #3840 on: January 29, 2019, 12:03:32 PM »

Fizdale expects more than one season.  And he will be given more than one season. 

Why play guys this year who won't be here next year?

Why not give minutes to the guys you know will be here next year?

Only a shortsighted person (or person-canine hybrid) would play the vets and slow the growth of NEXT years team.

Why play guys who won't be here next year? Lesterdog answered that on the previous page:

"Young guys don't evolve by just dumping on more minutes anyway. They grow by being part of a winning system and culture. One in which vets play a necessary role. All anyone is learning here is how to be a loser for life."

This is BULLSHIT.  Look at the NETS this year and what they were last year.  Look at Sacramento.  You lose and take your lumps and you come back stronger.  Not all rookies have the luxury of being dropped into a winning system yet somehow the NBA manages to have different teams become successful over time after going through a losing cycle.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 12:05:03 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3841 on: January 29, 2019, 12:14:40 PM »

LOL, you are so funny. Yes, look at the Nets, per previous post, they are the perfect rebuttal to your drug-addled ranting.

*** the kings too, actually, like the Nets, precisely the opp of Wizdale approach
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 12:46:09 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: January 29, 2019, 12:46:57 PM »

LOL, you are so funny. Yes, look at the Nets, per previous post, they are the perfect rebuttal to your drug-addled ranting.

And you are comparing apples to oranges. 
You cite 2016-2017  -- that was two years ago.   
2017-2018 was last year.

You wanna go to last years Knicks too?  When we played the veterans and gave Ntilikina ZERO starts at PG?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
The Derrick Rose rule
« Reply #3843 on: January 29, 2019, 12:56:46 PM »

OK i understand the rule ... but why do we need this rule?  It punishes smart teams like Boston.

Back in 2011, the NBA’s new collective bargaining agreement included a rule named after Derrick Rose. From ESPN:

The rule allows a player finishing his rookie contract to make 30 percent of a team’s salary cap — up from 25 percent — if he’s twice been voted an All-Star starter, twice been voted All-NBA or won an MVP award.

It was named after Rose because was NBA MVP in 2010-11, a rule that would reward players who exceeded their value while on their rookie deals.

Why is that a problem for a Davis and Celtics trade? Because NBA teams are only allowed to have two playera who signed a “Rose Rule” extension and are still on that contract  but only one can be acquired through a trade and the Celtics dealt for Irving in 2017. Both Kyrie Irving and Davis received Rose Rule extensions on their current contracts.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: January 29, 2019, 01:07:01 PM »

2017-2018 was last year.

No, I want to go Apples to Apples. Fiz first year vs. Atkinsons first year.  How each laid a foundation  (requires air quotes for Fiz) Now go back to your bong before I have to lay out Joerger's work for you.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: January 29, 2019, 01:32:56 PM »

2017-2018 was last year.

No, I want to go Apples to Apples. Fiz first year vs. Atkinsons first year.  How each laid a foundation  (requires air quotes for Fiz) Now go back to your bong before I have to lay out Joerger's work for you.

Can't admit when you're wrong eh?

We played the VETS under Hornacek,

To do so again would be insane.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: January 29, 2019, 03:14:01 PM »

Um. No. Cause I'm right. The teams you brought up specifically prove why I'm right. The Kings also have used a vet/yute mix throughout their resurgence. Joerger has taken a lot of heat for not pulling a Fiz, but stays the course and as a result developing some nice trajectory there. You just spout the same wrong shit over and over again. Which is really boring, btw —and a healthy part of the reason why we are down to about a handful of posters in here.

*** arguing with a weed-addled Turk-hater is naturally gonna be about as fruitful as buying lotto tickets to fund your retirement. Out for real.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 03:16:48 PM by lesterdog »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: January 29, 2019, 03:21:32 PM »

OK you win. Not because you are right but because I'm tired of your pointless negativity regarding how playing time is being distributed. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: January 29, 2019, 03:23:53 PM »

You just spout the same wrong shit over and over again. Which is really boring, btw —and a healthy part of the reason why we are down to about a handful of posters in here.

*** arguing with a weed-addled Turk-hater is naturally gonna be about as fruitful as buying lotto tickets to fund your retirement. Out for real.

I haven't mention Enes in my last dozen or so posts when Bo called me jerryang. I adjusted to not mention him anymore as the subject of my posts.  You just are seeing other people now posting similar observations.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: January 29, 2019, 03:40:58 PM »

OK you win. Not because you are right but because I'm tired of your pointless negativity regarding how playing time is being distributed.

No you are going to win because after the trade deadline, there shouldn't be anyone older than 25 on the roster — with the exception of Lance Thomas who is destined to achieve a greater longevity with this organization than Herb Williams — and then it really will be pointless for me to say anything about playing time.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Les and Kam(s)ter
« Reply #3850 on: January 29, 2019, 09:53:29 PM »

No you are going to win because after the trade deadline, there shouldn't be anyone older than 25 on the roster — with the exception of Lance Thomas who is destined to achieve a greater longevity with this organization than Herb Williams — and then it really will be pointless for me to say anything about playing time.

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: January 29, 2019, 10:12:28 PM »

Mud could well be the point the knix have been seeking for two decades. Home nurtured, sorry but he is a must resign. Get him, Trier, KK, and a baller in lotto and things wil be fine in 19. This is a tank, you minimize your chances to win.

I'm not as optimistic about Mud as you, and he doesn't quite fit my model as a true point guard who elevates everyone around him. BUT I do think he's improved significantly. I mean, a real leap. I love his tenacity and want to see whether he continues to evolve next year.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: January 29, 2019, 10:16:54 PM »

BTW, am I the only one who loves watching Mitchell Robinson? Entertainment value in that guy. It's not just his reach, he's got some real instincts as a shot blocker. If he gets better....I mean if he actually gets better....who knows what the man will turn into.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: January 29, 2019, 11:23:54 PM »

Meanwhile, Jahlil Okafur says Anthony Who and throws down some of that old school out-moded game of the past goodness on Houston.

Imagine that. Play D on Harden. Hit em with a big. Win.

*** but, but, but, Fiz told me a Houston game is way too fast for big guys with archaic stylze

Flashback:

You think you beat the Rockets by playing a third-rate version of their game? Of course not. Huge advantage to be seized with Capela out.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:09:18 AM by lesterdog »

lesterluv

• View Profile
He Did It He Done It He Did It WOO M'FN HOO
« Reply #3854 on: January 29, 2019, 11:33:12 PM »

VICTORY ACHIEVED
Courtesy of the Cavs, with their win over the Wiz, Fiz is now the Shiz.

WORST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE

* Where'd you put those fireworks boys? Break out the plastic cups and ripple.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1853