Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 1853

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1079637 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3810 on: January 28, 2019, 08:12:01 PM »

This is our last best shot at pairing a Top draft pick with KP and KK.  Yes you can win the lotto from anywhere.  But why not ensure your best shot.  Plenty of time to have a feel-good final fifteen games where we show some promise ESPECIALLY if KP plays.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: January 28, 2019, 08:16:26 PM »

Knicks always F*** up and go like 5-5 over their last ten games.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: January 28, 2019, 08:19:23 PM »

Adam Silver isn't gonna punish the New York Knicks for tanking after all these years of other teams tanking. He'd be beheaded on Park Ave. if he took our pick away.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: January 28, 2019, 08:24:01 PM »

That photo may have done more for Knox's game than all of Fiz's coaching....
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: January 28, 2019, 08:37:49 PM »

vets play a necessary role.

I don't LOVE Fiz, but what did you exactly expect this year?

Which vets? Kanter? lol

You mean a player who has no future with the team, barely the NBA, and stats shows causes more harm than good on the floor?

THJ started off well, getting to the line more, and maybe it's the plantar injury, but he's been particularly inefficient since.

Lee also not up to par, so I guess you're thinking of Lance? He's playing now.

Lance plays because Fiz has a preference for guys who play Defense and for bigs who do multiple things on the floor.

In Mitch case its the lobs and rim protection.
In Luke's case its the threes and the open driving lanes and the occasional blocked shot.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Fizdale's strategy makes sense
« Reply #3815 on: January 28, 2019, 08:42:50 PM »

Fizdale expects more than one season.  And he will be given more than one season. 

Why play guys this year who won't be here next year?

Why not give minutes to the guys you know will be here next year?

Only a shortsighted person (or person-canine hybrid) would play the vets and slow the growth of NEXT years team.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: January 28, 2019, 09:02:04 PM »

Losing basketball,of course. Is that a serious question? But winning culture, accountability, individual and team growth. Defensive and offensive plans.  You lay the foundation. You help the youth grow. Good coach can provide that. We have a guy who talks game...

You clearly don't understand basketball or how teams work if you don't know what you're seeing or should be seeing.

Defense much improved last two games...so say Clyde and Breen as well.

Oddly enough one of our worst defensive players...a vet...not playing and a few games later the defense improved dramatically.

TBF, Mudiay has been out and you could argue that's someone he gave time to, and there is a correlation there

I think most of the players like him, and respect him. 

Accountability? Doesn't benching various players for periods after giving them chances in the rotation count?

He seemed to speak honestly about why Kanter was benched after Enis constantly complained via social media/the media in ways that some might argue were unprofessional. I suspect Fiz wanted to do it sooner, but enough body of work was provided to justify dropping him

Frank may not be developing how we wanted, but Trier, Robinson, Knox, Vonleh and Mudiay have made strides.

Saying I don't know what basketball is sounds pretty silly though, doesn't it? Come on Les. I'm not going there.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: January 28, 2019, 09:03:33 PM »

Knicks always F*** up and go like 5-5 over their last ten games.

Guaranteed

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: January 28, 2019, 09:06:17 PM »

vets play a necessary role.

Which vets? Kanter? lol

You mean a player who has no future with the team, barely the NBA, and stats shows causes more harm than good on the floor?

THJ started off well, getting to the line more, and maybe it's the plantar injury, but he's been particularly inefficient since.

Lee also not up to par, so I guess you're thinking of Lance? He's playing now.

Lance plays because Fiz has a preference for guys who play Defense and for bigs who do multiple things on the floor.

In Mitch case its the lobs and rim protection.
In Luke's case its the threes and the open driving lanes and the occasional blocked shot.

Right. That I get.

However wasn't really playing so much when Kornet was healthy and took Kanter's spot.

PrezIke

• View Profile
Re: Fizdale's strategy makes sense
« Reply #3819 on: January 28, 2019, 09:06:39 PM »

Fizdale expects more than one season.  And he will be given more than one season. 

Only a shortsighted person (or person-canine hybrid) would play the vets and slow the growth of NEXT years team.

Yep

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: January 28, 2019, 09:18:28 PM »

Which vets? Kanter? lol

You don't like the guy's game? Cool. But saying Kanter barely has any future in the NBA? That's some simple shit, hyperbole drifting toward incoherence.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: January 28, 2019, 09:22:03 PM »

Why play guys who won't be here next year? Lesterdog answered that on the previous page:

"Young guys don't evolve by just dumping on more minutes anyway. They grow by being part of a winning system and culture. One in which vets play a necessary role. All anyone is learning here is how to be a loser for life."

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: January 28, 2019, 09:24:46 PM »

Losing basketball,of course. Is that a serious question? But winning culture, accountability, individual and team growth. Defensive and offensive plans.  You lay the foundation. You help the youth grow. Good coach can provide that. We have a guy who talks game...

You clearly don't understand basketball or how teams work if you don't know what you're seeing or should be seeing.

Defense much improved last two games...so say Clyde and Breen as well.

Oddly enough one of our worst defensive players...a vet...not playing and a few games later the defense improved dramatically.

TBF, Mudiay has been out and you could argue that's someone he gave time to, and there is a correlation there

I think most of the players like him, and respect him. 

Accountability? Doesn't benching various players for periods after giving them chances in the rotation count?

He seemed to speak honestly about why Kanter was benched after Enis constantly complained via social media/the media in ways that some might argue were unprofessional. I suspect Fiz wanted to do it sooner, but enough body of work was provided to justify dropping him

Frank may not be developing how we wanted, but Trier, Robinson, Knox, Vonleh and Mudiay have made strides.

Saying I don't know what basketball is sounds pretty silly though, doesn't it? Come on Les. I'm not going there.

With tonight's loss we are right on track for worst record ever.

With our history, that really takes doing.

I'll stick with everything I said.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: January 28, 2019, 09:35:24 PM »

This year's minutes dont make anyone better next year.  Just not how it works

A winning culture doesnt come from losing.  Maybe ONE team can point to that - the Spurs - and they didnt lose for long pre-Duncan.

Fiz says, look at the Nuggets, look at the Sixers, look at the Nets

OK, lets see how far those teams go.

You have to LAND draft picks = not GET high picks.

Curry and Thompson were like 7 and 11.  Giannis was a 15, Brogdon a second rounder.  Demarr, who begot Kawhi.....was a TEN.

Knicks didnt land picks........up til KP. 

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
PERSON-CANINE HYBRID
« Reply #3824 on: January 28, 2019, 11:19:20 PM »

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 1853