Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 963653 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3795 on: January 28, 2019, 01:16:41 AM »

Let's play "Who says no?":

Memphis or Toronto?
Marc Gasol & Ivan Rabb for Jonas Valunciunas, CJ Miles, and two second round picks

Does TOR really want to tinker when things are going well.
Also it depletes their bench some, which hasn't been as strong as last year.  Memf gives up an aging local hero for not much.  Fans would kill them.  I don't think ether team does that.

Sacramento or Washington?
Zach Randolph, Iman Shumpert, Kosta Koufos (all expiring) for Otto Porter, Ian Mahinmi and a second round pick

How good is Porter?  Can't Hield do much of what Porter does?  Or maybe Hield + Shump can. Taking on Mahinmi is a big price to get an overpaid Porter.  It's like paying Porter $40M!  I'd say WASh would do it, and SACto wouldn't.  They can wait.

San Antonio or Memphis?
Patty Mills, Pau Gasol and Derrick White for Mike Conley and Ivan Rabb (

Nice deal for SAS.  What's the point for MEMf?  A Sell Low, No Pay Off for MemF.  They could find something better.  I'd take say Reg Jax, Stan John and Leuer for Conley.  And even that might be iffy.  Or say Rubio, Favors, etc (I didn't look up salaries, but something could be matched)

Boston or Orlando?
Gordon Hayward and Terry Rozier for Aaron Gordon and DJ Augustin (Boston gets out of the tax and more importantly clarifies the roles going forward for Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

Hard for me to evaluate since I don't like A. Gordon much.
Not sure either team does it, as ORL likes their Gordon.
Sounds like a panic move for BOS.

Philadelphia or New Orleans?
Markelle Fultz, Wilson Chandler and the Miami Heat 2021 unprotected #1 for Nikola Mirotic, Etwaun Moore and a second round pick

Is that the plan to lose Davis?
Because all it takes is for Fultz to continue to have his faults.
And the MIA pick fall around 10th and become a mediocre player or even a Knox?Franc type project.  And then you've gutted your thin team.  And Davis goes elsewhere.  At least now he has some genuine players on his side, just a weak bench and poor health.  Easier to imagine fllling in the bench with some creative pickups, rather than losing two borderline starters for the enigma of Fultz and a draft pick.
Great deal for PHI.

The BOS-ORL trade is the only really interesting one.
PHI & SAS trades appear unbalanced.
TOR & SAC trades don't seem to accomplish enough.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:19:18 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: January 28, 2019, 12:09:15 PM »

My guess is Davis would like to play with (a fixed) Fultz.....

But I think he leaves anyway
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: January 28, 2019, 12:16:52 PM »

Davis wants out!
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: January 28, 2019, 01:16:28 PM »

JRue also seems better alongside another PG, so he can do his combo G routine and play defense and not have to orchestrate fulltime (his weak spot).  Needless to say, a quality Fultz would be good for them.

While everyone gushes over Davis, NO tends to lose close games because he isn't that good in the clutch.  And takes terrible last second shots.  Something he needs to work on, or they need someone else to step up.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: January 28, 2019, 01:59:20 PM »

So it's news now that Davis wants out ...

I was going to concoct a crazy trade of Mirotic, Sol Hill and Wes Johnson for . . . the return of Chris Paul.  He's owed a ridiculous amount of money and red lights pop up on his dashboard frequently.  But he could add focus and direction.  HOU gets out from his mammoth contract, and adds another sharpshooter around Harden, and a warm body defender in Hill.
Chris Paul - JRue - ETwuan - Randle - Davis
Be fun.

They'd still have their crappy bench.
Elfrid, Okafor, Frazier, Diallo.

NOPe never could construct a bench.  Wasted money on Sol Hill -- brought in iffy players like Elfrid, Wes John and Ian Clark who at least makes little.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: January 28, 2019, 03:09:12 PM »

Look at Knox

https://nypost.com/2019/01/26/knicks-need-to-hope-fizdale-is-right-as-culture-deteriorates/

This is NOT good for his development.

Are you talking about his posture on the bench?  He's 19.  Are you willing to trade him for bad posture?

Where did I say trade him?

Stop the tank.  Losing leaves scars.  Have some class, Knicks.

Totally agree. This has been my point with the (colossal) mishandling of Kanter.

Take minutes from Kanter to give the younger guys more burn. Okay. But to pin him to the bench? Embarrassing. And dispiriting.

This isn't Noah, with all the issues he brought to the table. Kanter gives strong effort every fucking game. He wanted to be here. It doesn't take deep analysis to realize that that kind of energy could exert a strong influence on others guys  — lose or win, you play 100%.

Now, especially the last month or two, we're not just losing games — we're playing like losers. It's an unmistakable shift from the first months of the season.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: January 28, 2019, 04:39:08 PM »

Because Fiz is a fraud - or diabolically dead set on the #1 draft odds, which is flat-out stupid as 1-3 are basically the same, not much better than 4, and not nearly as good as they used to be for super losers in any case.

Young guys don't evolve by just dumping on more minutes anyway. They grow by being part of a winning system and culture. One in which vets play a necessary role. All anyone is learning here is how to be a loser for life.

** and we're gonna get slapped soon anyway if this keeps up ... just way too blatant. League no like, even if they prob wouldn't mind us grabbing something good in the draft.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 04:42:15 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: January 28, 2019, 04:57:13 PM »

Number 6, for example, has a chunky 9% percent shot at top spot, while Number 1 bad is only 14%.

***That makes Porzingis kind of attractive in pre-deadline NY-NO trade for Davis, btw, as he won't really play and thus keep NO from hitting 6, easily done unless Memphis tanks harder without Conley or Gasol.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Jerrya

• View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: January 28, 2019, 06:00:18 PM »

Well I think I'm taking the year off...watching this team is painful.  Look who is in charge, we have Clueless Steve Mills running the organization.  How about the Nets. They  had less assets than us and somehow have   more talented team.   Marks is a much better GM than Perry. Our coach is awful, no game plan, no preparation, he is all talk and I'm tired of it already. We are doomed. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: January 28, 2019, 06:13:46 PM »

All eggs in top FA and top draft pick basket - as cure all - and we only have 29 mil.  NO loyalty to any player except the last 3 number ones.

Sad.  The Princeton boys making their U look putrid. 
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: January 28, 2019, 06:26:16 PM »

davis said he wants to go to a winning team why is NY being talked about?

trading KP who actually wants to be there is a complete joke.

of course the team is a complete joke where 26 is the new 40.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: January 28, 2019, 07:31:24 PM »

Because Fiz is a fraud - or diabolically dead set on the #1 draft odds, which is flat-out stupid as 1-3 are basically the same, not much better than 4, and not nearly as good as they used to be for super losers in any case.

Young guys don't evolve by just dumping on more minutes anyway. They grow by being part of a winning system and culture. One in which vets play a necessary role. All anyone is learning here is how to be a loser for life.

** and we're gonna get slapped soon anyway if this keeps up ... just way too blatant. League no like, even if they prob wouldn't mind us grabbing something good in the draft.

I don't LOVE Fiz, but what did you exactly expect this year?

I predicted something like low 20s for wins. We're below that, so fine, you can go there, but we're not trying to be good. We're in major transition, and fielding a very young team.

The team has been in most games all season, as I can only recall a few stinkers. There were far more of those the last few seasons, to my recollection. Other than Kanter, there seems to be better team cohesion even while losing 9 games in a row.

I'm not sure I get the reason, other than X's and O's for a team that has very low levels of talent, why fans are so crazy against him.

Which vets? Kanter? lol

You mean a player who has no future with the team, barely the NBA, and stats shows causes more harm than good on the floor?

THJ started off well, getting to the line more, and maybe it's the plantar injury, but he's been particularly inefficient since.

Lee also not up to par, so I guess you're thinking of Lance? He's playing now.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 07:35:07 PM by PrezIke »

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: January 28, 2019, 07:38:20 PM »

davis said he wants to go to a winning team why is NY being talked about?

trading KP who actually wants to be there is a complete joke.

of course the team is a complete joke where 26 is the new 40.

Lol. Aww...really man? Kanter's age has zip to do with us rebuilding.

You don't mean that seriously, right?

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: January 28, 2019, 07:58:31 PM »

I don't LOVE Fiz, but what did you exactly expect this year?

Losing basketball,of course. Is that a serious question? But winning culture, accountability, individual and team growth. Defensive and offensive plans.  You lay the foundation. You help the youth grow. Good coach can provide that. We have a guy who talks game...

You clearly don't understand basketball or how teams work if you don't know what you're seeing or should be seeing.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:00:11 PM by lesterdog »
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 1851