Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1018929 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3975 on: January 31, 2019, 09:19:09 PM »

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/1091150834023522304

What a team player. All time great Knick after 1 season who warrants no criticism.

I'm hysterical, clearly.

You said it :)
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Sobering realization
« Reply #3976 on: January 31, 2019, 09:33:36 PM »

KP had the power here.  Just because he was heading into RFA didn't make him ma shoe-in to stay here. His agent said as much.

"The most important question here is this: What do you really want to achieve in your career?" Janis Porzingis said in an interview in Latvian with Sportacentrs, according to a translation by Eurohoops.net. "Because money - if Kristaps performs at least on his normal level, is gonna come. We are more focused on some other values and not just to quickly sign a new contract so we can collect the money. That's definitely not our goal, so we won't be feverishly counting minutes or counting points. You can't escape the reality and the Knicks must also see that.

He had threatened to play his fifth season under the 7.5 mil qualifying offer in order to become a UFA.

Had that come to pass we would not have received good offers knowing that any team that wanted him would just have to wait.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 09:37:45 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Breaking up sucks
« Reply #3977 on: January 31, 2019, 09:35:52 PM »

This is just a break-up.

Lotta Knick fans are feeling jilted by the organization but KP orchestrated his exit as much as the FO facilitated it.

So it was never meant to be Knicks fans.

Cheer up.  We came away with a warchest of goods for an asset that wasn't going to increase in value under his present deal.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: January 31, 2019, 09:37:21 PM »

https://twitter.com/KnickFilmSchool/status/1091161195569131520

Our other, now gone, "loyal servant" to the team. Who fans have bent over backwards to reign terror on the front office for trading based on history rather than the present moment.

Sad.

https://twitter.com/RebeccaHaarlow/status/1091155966131884032

Time to move on. I ain't crying.

I like what the leadership is trying to do. I think our approach has more of a chance to finally lead us to where our less reactive fans have been begging for us to go for ages.

I'm not ecstatic, but cautiously optimistic. This move was bold, but I think we did well, as did that podcast I just posted a link to as well, saying that they were surprised to realize this after the original reactions from the media.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 09:39:40 PM by PrezIke »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: January 31, 2019, 09:41:09 PM »

I like what the leadership is trying to do. I think our approach has more of a chance to finally lead us to where our less reactive fans have been begging for us to go for ages.

This trade is the logical conclusion to the old  "Nagel Rule" philosophy.  Clear the decks.  We had to dump Lee and Jr. to be players in free agency.  This is the first time we have had enough money to land Two big name free agents.  Rectifying the mistake of 2010 where we pitched LeBron no running mate.

Also i think Brooklyn having more space made the Knicks nervous.

Merciless

• View Profile
Re: Sobering realization
« Reply #3980 on: January 31, 2019, 09:45:01 PM »

KP had the power here.  Just because he was heading into RFA didn't make him ma shoe-in to stay here. His agent said as much.

"The most important question here is this: What do you really want to achieve in your career?" Janis Porzingis said in an interview in Latvian with Sportacentrs, according to a translation by Eurohoops.net. "Because money - if Kristaps performs at least on his normal level, is gonna come. We are more focused on some other values and not just to quickly sign a new contract so we can collect the money. That's definitely not our goal, so we won't be feverishly counting minutes or counting points. You can't escape the reality and the Knicks must also see that.

He had threatened to play his fifth season under the 7.5 mil qualifying offer in order to become a UFA.

Had that come to pass we would not have received good offers knowing that any team that wanted him would just have to wait.

He left because he didn't like the direction of the team. This is all on the guys that you said "don't fuck around". We are running out of rebuild plans my friends. Whose to say this doesn't happen again with the next great young talent that we draft when he realizes he has nothing to gain by staying with a lost franchise that can't get it right? 

Max FA's - KD, Irving, others? You guys are smoking crack.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Sobering realization
« Reply #3981 on: January 31, 2019, 09:46:58 PM »

He left because he didn't like the direction of the team.

He doesn't understand what a rebuild looks like. 

Hey Dum-Dum (not you Miras... KP)

Hey Dum-Dum ... we took this direction when your ass got hurt.

He aint a dummy... he knows this "direction of the team" thing is a smokescreen.

"We are more focused on other values"

In other words.... he wants to play with  Luka, pay no state tax, and avoid 8 degree weather.

Rather than be 2nd fiddle to KD in NY or perhaps fearing being 1st fiddle in NY with no help a la Patrick Ewing.

Mazel tov!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 09:59:27 PM by Kam »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: January 31, 2019, 10:22:29 PM »

So this was a terrible trade.

Um, unless it was an amazing trade.

We'll know in 5 months or so.

Until then, blaming KP for wanting to go? Do we really have to do that? These are men, not children.

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: January 31, 2019, 10:39:13 PM »

5 months? So color me confused.

Are we rebuilding or are we back in the FA race? Who in their right mind comes here and plays with our current crop of players? Wasn't KP the real appeal of coming here.

We already know Mills is a no-nothing idiot -- Perry is right on his tail it seems.

Leadership? These cats have changed their course yet again after preaching patience.

This is a new low. They flat-out panicked and were fleeced by the Mavs. Draft picks? Fucking meaningless when they come from a competitive team.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: January 31, 2019, 10:40:27 PM »

Have to wonder - Dallas is 5 games out - do they try to make a run in getting KP back - or do they tank?

I am guessing we hear some glowing stuff out of Dallas tomorrow on THJ.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: January 31, 2019, 10:57:29 PM »

I don't blame KP for wanting out.

I'm just saying don't blame the Front Office for making this deal.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Kam(s)ter the Non-Armenian.
« Reply #3986 on: January 31, 2019, 10:58:34 PM »

Some of my best friends are Armenian.

Now that we don't have KP, the Kam(s)ter is ok with keeping EK.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: January 31, 2019, 10:59:11 PM »

Have to wonder - Dallas is 5 games out - do they try to make a run in getting KP back - or do they tank?

I am guessing we hear some glowing stuff out of Dallas tomorrow on THJ.

Atlanta gets the pick so they have no incentive to tank, right?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: January 31, 2019, 11:00:47 PM »

Why is everything i say twisted into being Anti-Kanter.  I haven't said anything bad about the guy whose teams all get better after trading him.

Oops.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
The Kam(s)ter changes his mind
« Reply #3989 on: January 31, 2019, 11:06:48 PM »

Why is everything i say twisted into being Anti-Kanter.  I haven't said anything bad about the guy whose teams all get better after trading him.

Oops.

No, no. Me and Enes thought you were now ok with keeping him.

I guess Recep told you off.

Oops.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 1852