Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1063157 times)

PrezIke

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3960 on: January 31, 2019, 07:24:05 PM »

If so that means it went down like this: https://twitter.com/_JohnGonz/status/1091080191567220736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1091080191567220736&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsportsday.dallasnews.com%2Fdallas-mavericks%2Fmavericks%2F2019%2F01%2F31%2Fnational-reaction-kristaps-porzingis-trade-knicks-inept-dallas-new-nash-dirk

Kristaps: I want out

Knicks: OK.

Dallas: We’ll take him.

Knicks: Should we call other teams?…nah. Easier this way. Let’s get lunch.

But more likely it went down like this:
https://www.12up.com/posts/6285562-knicks-definitely-had-kristaps-porzingis-trade-with-mavericks-in-place-before-tense-meeting

Yeah, so? Duh. Not sure that's too shocking. Of course we were shopping him as they probably knew he wasn't so happy. We've sensed that for a while.  If he hinted he wanted to stay this would not be happening.

KP is a very talented player, but he's not proven himself to stay healthy and be consistent enough to be considered among the best yet. I wish he wanted to stay, but he didn't seem to suggest that. I hear he was telling us he'd only sign the qualifying offer, or that this was a risk, as would be signing him to a max deal this summer after he hadn't even played following such a serious, life altering, injury.

Doesn't it make sense for a team to have players that completely buy into what management is doing? I know it's easy to lump the way the Knicks are run now to what they were in the past, but it doesn't seem that way as much with Perry and Fiz now. Mills is here, sure, but this trade is a sign of things different. Sorry that KP had to endure Jax, and he's paying for that failure, but if things are that bad, then why did we trade, in part, for 2 max contracts worth of cap space THIS summer? Come on now.

We didn't even just trade for just cap space, we got 2 1st rounders, and we will still be bad now, so we have added other assets. It may not pan out for us, sure, but it's not clearly a failure as the usual suspects everywhere are all lining up to moan about.

I can see why he wanted out, maybe it was time to move on, and I do blame Phil and of course Dolan, but I'd like to see how things pan out with the current management for the foreseeable future before I pass the strongest judgement.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:27:52 PM by PrezIke »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: January 31, 2019, 07:29:21 PM »

Doesn't it make sense for a team to have players that completely buy into what management is doing? I know it's easy to lump the way the Knicks are run now to what they were in the past, but it doesn't seem that way as much with Perry and Fiz now. Mills is here, sure, but this trade is a sign of things different.

If management is the management with the worst record in the league, worst owner in the league, with a proven track record of abysmal failure, and a GM who is desperately flailing to get out of an idiotic contract he signed barely yesterday.

Then, no. You don't want players who buy in to that because those players would be idiots and it takes smart players to win basketball games.

We're going to Make the Knicks Great Again. Duh. O.K. Where's my hat?

*** Now Carlyle is a very smart coach and a very smart player would love to play for him. Now, a stupid 2nd year player would end up in a January holdout from that team. Which one did we end up with?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:38:44 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

elephant

• View Profile
Re: No Nonsense Knicks
« Reply #3962 on: January 31, 2019, 07:40:50 PM »

Mills and Fizdale don't F*** around.

Complain to the press about starting? Well now you're benched.

Don't like the direction of the franchise? Goodbye, you're traded.

That's actually a message sent to the rest of the players.

Is that what it takes to "change the culture"?

Scaring them into getting in line. I mean they are kids so maybe not a bad idea.

Yes.

You want players that want to be here, but also those that are actually fit in and buy into things unlike Kanter, using faux love for the team as a way to stay in NYC which gives him all of the attention he craves for his pending WWE career.

Strong argument. Yes, Kanter is an evil faker.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: January 31, 2019, 07:44:38 PM »

I love the ongoing hysterical Kanter hate. Positively obsessed. ;) We'll find out later the passport holders are Armenian. Only rational explanation.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: January 31, 2019, 07:50:22 PM »

I love the ongoing hysterical Kanter hate. Positively obsessed. ;) We'll find out later the passport holders are Armenian. Only rational explanation.

Armenia?  Did you just make that word up?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: January 31, 2019, 07:50:38 PM »

I'm from Narnia.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: January 31, 2019, 07:51:51 PM »

Some of my best friends are Armenian.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: January 31, 2019, 07:52:18 PM »

I always suspected that Kam  :)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Remember This:
« Reply #3968 on: January 31, 2019, 08:48:25 PM »

January 25 2017

DALLAS — In usual outlandish form, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said from his locker-room StairMaster he wouldn’t be happy if Dirk Nowitzki worked out with Knicks phenom Kristaps Porzingis this summer.

Porzingis said in November a plan was in the works to work out with his German idol after plans were foiled last season.

Cuban doesn’t want his superstar — even if he’s at the end of his career — giving a young rival any shooting pointers.

“F–k no,’’ Cuban said playfully about the prospect. “You know how much money I pay Dirk? Unless he teaches him how to shoot like me, then I’ll be really excited about it.”

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: January 31, 2019, 08:53:33 PM »

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/1091150834023522304

What a team player. All time great Knick after 1 season who warrants no criticism.

I'm hysterical, clearly.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: January 31, 2019, 09:01:41 PM »

If so that means it went down like this: https://twitter.com/_JohnGonz/status/1091080191567220736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1091080191567220736&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsportsday.dallasnews.com%2Fdallas-mavericks%2Fmavericks%2F2019%2F01%2F31%2Fnational-reaction-kristaps-porzingis-trade-knicks-inept-dallas-new-nash-dirk

Kristaps: I want out

Knicks: OK.

Dallas: We’ll take him.

Knicks: Should we call other teams?…nah. Easier this way. Let’s get lunch.

But more likely it went down like this:
https://www.12up.com/posts/6285562-knicks-definitely-had-kristaps-porzingis-trade-with-mavericks-in-place-before-tense-meeting

More like this:

KD: Yo I am NOT coming there for less than the MAX

PerryMills: We hear you Mr. Durant and we are working dilligently on opening up enough space for a max cont --

KD: And i aint coming by myself neither

PerryMills: For uhh for umm TWO max contracts.  Yes, two contracts...  that was the plan all along.  Yep.  Secret plan. 

KD: Good

PerryMills:  But will you be mad if we have to move the Unicorn to get it done?

KD: Nah.  All you need is KD

PerryMills: Great... just KD

KD: And one other elite talent. Don't forget that.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: January 31, 2019, 09:03:23 PM »

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/1091134139808460800

I don't think the Knicks could have moved Hardaway and Lee's salaries for the cost of 2 first round picks, so it's like the Mavs are giving 4 first round picks."

"Did I miss this part of the season where Kristaps Porzingis returned, and...looked awesome and didn't get injured again...or wasn't going to get injured again? Because this trade had been more appropriate if he never had the ACL injury."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 09:09:09 PM by PrezIke »

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: January 31, 2019, 09:06:54 PM »

Monty Python's Flying Circus starring the NY Knicks in Twit of the Year

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: January 31, 2019, 09:07:49 PM »

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/1091150834023522304

What a team player. All time great Knick after 1 season who warrants no criticism.

I'm hysterical, clearly.

I certainly don't want to buy out DeAndre.  He would be a good player to mentor Mitch for the last 30 games.

Wes Matthews can go join the Houston Rockets.

Merciless

• View Profile
Re: No Nonsense Knicks
« Reply #3974 on: January 31, 2019, 09:17:48 PM »

Mills and Fizdale don't F*** around.

Complain to the press about starting? Well now you're benched.

Don't like the direction of the franchise? Goodbye, you're traded.

That's actually a message sent to the rest of the players.

Is that what it takes to "change the culture"?

Scaring them into getting in line. I mean they are kids so maybe not a bad idea.

um, yeah - except these "kids" are pretty much all alike. They don't give a fuck and know the team needs them more than they need the team. Not right, just reality.

This smells like panic. Perry is bonafide moron. Hoping that they will get max FA's is an old recipe that's given us nothing but food poisoning.

Your NY Knicks...the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Mills doesn't fuck around you say?

Wasn't it Mills that gave Hardaway that stupid contract in the first place and could've drafted D Smith Jr ahead of Frenchy?

Mills is a corporate suit douche that has done nothing to improve this franchise

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 09:38:04 PM by Merciless »
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 1852