Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917992 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6540 on: June 24, 2019, 07:01:55 PM »

How did the relationship go wrong?   

KZ was our ticket, all we had to do is keep him happy.  It was His Team.  The injury year allowed us to tank and add a Top 3 pick.  A This should have been fine.  How did the Knix blow the deal with KZ?  Why was he so disaffected?  How come no one has been held accountable or fired for this fiasco?

When relationships go wrong there is blame on both sides.  You lay out where the Knicks done wrong.  But you give Zaps a pass.

The Knicks, alas, are not a half-way competent franchise.

Reportedly Kyrie Irving prefers Brooklyn to the Knicks in specific because of Dolan and how he runs the team.  No such issues in Brooklyn. Durant still prefers Knicks. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: June 24, 2019, 09:44:28 PM »

$15M sounds way high for Dedmon Walking.
Sounds like a Mahinmi signing to me.

There's a C glut and the market rate for C's has dipped significantly.

I'd rather go for someone much cheaper such as Zubac, Birch, Len.
Or look into Cauley-Stein's price.

Or just roll with Mitch and Chop Suey.

Dedmon has been consistent with boards, shooting, low turnovers, and active D the last few years. He seems like a good guy to lead development for our young bigs. With the drivers we have, bigs who stretch the floor are a higher value to us. Len isn’t a bad option, depending on his price range.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: June 24, 2019, 09:49:10 PM »

Some of us arent in agreement that we seek a STARTING center.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re-unite with
« Reply #6543 on: June 24, 2019, 10:31:26 PM »

Robin Lopez for the league minimum to backup Mitch

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: June 24, 2019, 11:09:46 PM »

I think I explained it above

Players = team salary.  Not much but Frank and Trier is what - 8 mil combined?

If we're under the cap, we don't have to send equal salary back to the Warriors. If we're $30 million under the cap, we could, to use your example, send Frank and Trier and maybe a distant pick.

WHY?

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: June 24, 2019, 11:11:46 PM »

So KZ is damaged goods, but we should trade for Durant who is a decade older, has a worse injury and hasn't started his rehab yet.

Not to mention that we don't even have a team that could benefit from KD if he returned to form in 2 years.  As for this wacky 5 year fantasy, Knix would just be punishing themselves by paying a 35 or (is it 36 year old?) Durant $45M or whatever.  Didn't anyone learn anything from the Melo re-sign?

THIS!

We can only hope these guys are serious about not repeating the same mistakes as before.

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: June 24, 2019, 11:20:26 PM »

How did the relationship go wrong?   

KZ was our ticket, all we had to do is keep him happy.  It was His Team.  The injury year allowed us to tank and add a Top 3 pick.  A This should have been fine.  How did the Knix blow the deal with KZ?  Why was he so disaffected?  How come no one has been held accountable or fired for this fiasco?

When relationships go wrong there is blame on both sides.  You lay out where the Knicks done wrong.  But you give Zaps a pass.

The Knicks, alas, are not a half-way competent franchise.

Reportedly Kyrie Irving prefers Brooklyn to the Knicks in specific because of Dolan and how he runs the team.  No such issues in Brooklyn. Durant still prefers Knicks.

F' Kyrie.  I don't get a rat's ass what he thinks of Dolan.

Kyrie is a parasite. We are far better off without him.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: June 25, 2019, 12:47:58 AM »

I think Kyrie is almost exactly what you get if you meshed Marbury and Melo together.  Still we do really need a starting quality PG.

I'm fine with Mitch and Chop Suey manning the 5.
Wouldn't spend good money on a C, unless it's a 1 year deal, or someone cheap like Khem Birch (< $6M).  And if we want C insurance can always add a burly PF, like Rich Holmes or KO'Quinn.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: June 25, 2019, 01:14:18 AM »

Who the hell is chop suey?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: June 25, 2019, 01:55:54 AM »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
New plan
« Reply #6550 on: June 25, 2019, 01:58:13 AM »

Sign Julius Randle El and Malcolm Brogdon.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: June 25, 2019, 03:21:42 AM »

Definitely bring back Chop Suey then.

Randle, Brogdon, Kornet, and Vonleh would be a good haul. I think we also want to bring back Thomas on the minimum and don’t see much competition rising for his services. We should still have about 25 million left.

Mitch Kornet
Randle Vonleh Thomas
Knox Frank Ignas
Barrett Dotson Trier
Brogdon DJS Allen

We could bring back Ellison unless we scoop up another big. That’s not half bad even though we’ll likely have to overpay for the top two targets.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: June 25, 2019, 04:40:43 AM »

How much money are you willing to commit to Randle?

I don't know what kind of team we have, or plan to have, to know if/how Randle fits.  He's a Mack truck and likes to run.  Are we going to push the pace?  If we had our PG in place, we'd know a lot more what we should/could do.  Right now I'm not sure you want Mitch/Randle because that will clog driving lanes for Barrett and make him shoot outside more.  Same for Knox.

Randle is an interesting solid player, but not one who fits every team.  I'd rather get my team together more before I add in a Randle.  Unless we can get him on a reasonable contract that could be moved later if need be.  At this stage, I don't want to be locked into Randle, but might be interested if he doesn't get big offers.  Randle on a team friendly deal, or even a 1 year inflated deal would be fine.  But I'm concerned about cap space and better fits.  Or just waiting until we know what our specific needs are.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: June 25, 2019, 06:57:05 AM »

My top dollar for Randle is 4 years starting at 22 mil. A big raise, sure, but he’s an impactful player. It lets us add a sub MLE guy as well whit the difference between that and the 28 we could give him. It also makes him tradeable for a Jr. max signee this year or next year later in both contracts where it’s attractive because it will save the other team money. He may continue to grow as a player and mesh well with Barrett, Robinson, Knox, and the other kiddies. In that case he’d be a bargain. His fit with Chop Suey (or any of the spacing centers referenced in prior posts) is also intriguing Vonleh and Randle would provide an interesting combo of small ball and bully ball, especially combined with what is hopefully good positional rebounding from Dot and/or Barrett. If it doesn’t work well we can look to trade him for reasonable players making as little as 17 mil as soon as February. Even if he’s a very bad Randle for us he’ll still have perceived value in that capacity based on his prior impactful seasons and young age and skill set. Hopefully you are just giving him good money to handle the bulk of the roughhousing as Mitch & Kevin grow up and we develop more of our frontcourt.

22 million for Randle should leave us more than 50 million to spend or not spend elsewhere on the roster.

I think Brogdon will see a sheet near or at 20 million to start. I wouldn’t mind that offer coming from the Knicks. With Randle on at 22 hypothetically, 8 to start for Vonleh & 4 for Kornet has us near but still under the cap.

Is Randle the best way to spend money on frontcourt help?

Is Brogdon that guy as a guard?

They have production and timeline in their favor, but they may like other offers elsewhere and there may be better ways for us to go.

I don’t think this is the season to hunt stars, but instead we should find some core pros who will work well together.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: June 25, 2019, 09:09:02 AM »

I think I explained it above

Players = team salary.  Not much but Frank and Trier is what - 8 mil combined?

If we're under the cap, we don't have to send equal salary back to the Warriors. If we're $30 million under the cap, we could, to use your example, send Frank and Trier and maybe a distant pick.

WHY?

Why?

Because Warriors have the hammer.  And a team like the Nets could offer something of value to get KD his max.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1848