Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917770 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6555 on: June 25, 2019, 09:10:52 AM »

Kyrie is a parasite. We are far better off without him.

Both points highly debatable.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: June 25, 2019, 09:16:47 AM »

My top dollar for Randle is 4 years starting at 22 mil. A big raise, sure, but he’s an impactful player. It lets us add a sub MLE guy as well whit the difference between that and the 28 we could give him. It also makes him tradeable for a Jr. max signee this year or next year later in both contracts where it’s attractive because it will save the other team money. He may continue to grow as a player and mesh well with Barrett, Robinson, Knox, and the other kiddies. In that case he’d be a bargain. His fit with Chop Suey (or any of the spacing centers referenced in prior posts) is also intriguing Vonleh and Randle would provide an interesting combo of small ball and bully ball, especially combined with what is hopefully good positional rebounding from Dot and/or Barrett. If it doesn’t work well we can look to trade him for reasonable players making as little as 17 mil as soon as February. Even if he’s a very bad Randle for us he’ll still have perceived value in that capacity based on his prior impactful seasons and young age and skill set. Hopefully you are just giving him good money to handle the bulk of the roughhousing as Mitch & Kevin grow up and we develop more of our frontcourt.

22 million for Randle should leave us more than 50 million to spend or not spend elsewhere on the roster.

I think Brogdon will see a sheet near or at 20 million to start. I wouldn’t mind that offer coming from the Knicks. With Randle on at 22 hypothetically, 8 to start for Vonleh & 4 for Kornet has us near but still under the cap.

Is Randle the best way to spend money on frontcourt help?

Is Brogdon that guy as a guard?

They have production and timeline in their favor, but they may like other offers elsewhere and there may be better ways for us to go.

I don’t think this is the season to hunt stars, but instead we should find some core pros who will work well together.

good post

I dont mind that direction at all

have been saying all along there are many very good players available (this includes in trade)

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: June 25, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »

I wouldn't go near that high/long for Randle.

But IF NYK signed Randle for $22M, then I wouldn't give Vonleh $8M to back him up.  That's $30M committed at the PF slot without either of them able to really fill in as a smallball C.  And PF's are not as important as they used to be.

My attention is on -- and Knick $$ should be spent on -- getting a starting PG and a 3&D SF who can guard multiple positions.   That's where I'd overpay/use cap space.  If not available this year, I'd hold off and roll over cap space.

I'd be fine going with say Vonleh and Richuan Holmes at PF for a combined $12M or whatever.  Or extracting something from POR and taking on 2/$20M of Meyers Leonard, so they can avoid luxtax.  My Leo always looks pretty good to me.  Sets screens, can pop 3's okay, boards allright, will mix it up.  A bit chumpy on D, in the Kanter mold.

I'd be looking to be creative, keep options open, use cap space wisely, and above all be patient.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: June 25, 2019, 01:46:00 PM »

Like you said - dont spend so much money on one spot.

THUS....

adding a PG needs to come with dealing Smith.

This also due to what I explained earlier - that the only real good Smith you likely get is a STARTING Smith - if he doesnt start you lose him a little.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: June 25, 2019, 01:48:13 PM »

Of course my initial feeling is we roll with DSJ in order for the Zingis deal to look like a HR (should Dennis prosper)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: June 25, 2019, 01:51:18 PM »

W--B---S..96% (and kiid's second thereof)

If you're gonna tie up 30 Mil in a slot, that slot better be talented at a deep playoff spot worthy expectation. Otherwise, just step away from the car.

** next thing you know I'm gonna be agreeing with Bo about Knox's potential or FizWhale's abilities...

*** 10000 Percent NOT!!!!

*** Really, what is that doing?, that's spending $30 mil to REFILL the Unicorn's hole. I don't think we even pay that on his second contract, certainly not next year, and I don't think you'd find five folks in this league who would honestly bet on Randall's potential over Porzingis. Would be typical horrible franchise stuff. Some kinda vintage Ernie Grunfeld retro move.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 01:59:43 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: June 25, 2019, 03:10:54 PM »

I'll be pretty upset if we sign Randle to a 4yr, $90m deal. That would be terrible. He puts up numbers, but you can't have him as your highest paid player and expect to go anywhere.

I think if the Knicks strike out, they're going to trade for Marvin Williams and Michael Kidd Gilchrist and Kent Bazemore and hope to acquire protected first rounders in the process.

Zach Lowe mused about D-Lo. Would mean DSJ has got to go.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: June 25, 2019, 04:35:06 PM »

I'll be pretty upset if we sign Randle to a 4yr, $90m deal. That would be terrible. He puts up numbers, but you can't have him as your highest paid player and expect to go anywhere.

I think if the Knicks strike out, they're going to trade for Marvin Williams and Michael Kidd Gilchrist and Kent Bazemore and hope to acquire protected first rounders in the process.

Zach Lowe mused about D-Lo. Would mean DSJ has got to go.

Upset to get a nice player.

That should never be your stance.

You should be thankful a 20-8 guy wants to play here

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: June 25, 2019, 04:36:36 PM »

Russell getting some love from...of all places -

the LAKERS

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: June 25, 2019, 04:39:00 PM »

Randle is a younger, somewhat more dynamic (prime) David Lee.

No idea if he is/isnt a good teammate

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: June 25, 2019, 05:36:24 PM »

I am not slamming a kid who seems to be a nice, young player. Just thinking very hard about how we spend that $$. Question: Does he have David Lee's piano hands? I didn't see anybody sniffing floor time in this year's finals who did.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: June 25, 2019, 09:26:40 PM »

Randle will likely score about the same as KP, rebound and dime better, hit fewer 3’s at a higher rate, block a lot fewer shots, and play more minutes and games over this next contract which they’ll both start at the same time. If you are paying Randle a chunk less you have the better deal. If you moved KP for Randle, DJS, and two firsts you won that deal, especially if you are getting shot blocking somewhere else on the roster.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: June 25, 2019, 10:15:29 PM »

I could give fuck-all about better deals.

We aint shoe shopping

Does Randle make a differnce on amy team?. If not,  why are you junking up the cap with all that f'ing money.. You lost, not won.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: June 25, 2019, 10:51:25 PM »

Who makes a difference and what kind of offers do you expect they will receive?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: June 25, 2019, 11:15:43 PM »

mitch got a rookie vote......
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1848