Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900504 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Quote Function
« Reply #7155 on: July 18, 2019, 01:29:26 PM »

Stars and other good players become available often for all sorts of reasons.  So I wouldn't take on Wall to get Beal.  Beal isn't a franchise changer.  Just a very nice player.

I'd like to get KAT too, but don't see why Minn would give him away just to move some clumsy contracts.

Knix best bet is to develop RJB, Knox and Mitch, and maybe Jr. Smith into a nice young core.  Add in some players who contribute and set a tone -- hopefully Randle is one.  And then pursue a star when we have an appealing team, and have upped the trade value of our current assets.  Might take a few years.  BKY pulled off such a feat.

Huh? Change of heart? All of a sudden you’re making a lotta sense. No more crazy trades? Good!!!

Making so much sense I had to use your favorite function. 👏
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7156 on: July 18, 2019, 02:27:15 PM »

Knix best bet is to develop RJB, Knox and Mitch, and maybe Jr. Smith into a nice young core.  Add in some players who contribute and set a tone -- hopefully Randle is one.  And then pursue a star when we have an appealing team, and have upped the trade value of our current assets. 

Attaboy

Besides, we won't know til next week if Beal is available.  Wiz will offer a 3-111 extension which will be hard for BB to turn down.  If he accepts - it is the 5 year Beal plan in WASH.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: July 18, 2019, 03:46:40 PM »

I'm willing to be patient.
I was all for the tank last year.
And getting a high pick.
Combined with the yute development, I count last year a success.

For this year, I'm much more interested in the development of Knox, Barrett, Mitch, Trier,  Jr. Smith, Datsun (and Portis and Franc) than whether Morris Taj and Ellington can help us win a few extra games.  It'd be great if Knix built a team organically from the draft up.  Even if that takes 4 or 5 years to get us to be a 2nd round playoff team.

Conversely, I do think this overstuffed roster signals an in-season trade, or at least would benefit from one.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Wolf and Leopard have come to kill the sheep and the shepherd
« Reply #7158 on: July 18, 2019, 07:30:56 PM »

I do think this overstuffed roster signals an in-season trade, or at least would benefit from one.

The entire roster is so new that whoever we trade away (save maybe Mitch) wouldn't be missed by the sentimental members of the fanbase.  That is kinda cool.  Also kinda unnerving.  Like i'm just rooting for laundry at this point.

However, as i live and work in Brooklyn, just as i lived and worked in New Jersey's finals runs, i won't be jumping on the flat-earth hipster bandwagon that just became the Nets and throwing my lifelong Knick affiliation aside.

Even though they've shown me no loyalty to longterm favorite players, in fact they've been downright hostile to knicks alumni and fans, it really shows a lack of character to jump ship now.

In fact, i predict the Nets will have a poorer record this year than they had last season.  TAKE THAT for data!
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: July 18, 2019, 07:59:40 PM »

I disagree Kam.  Already love Randle and Payton
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf and Leopard have come to kill the sheep and the shepherd
« Reply #7160 on: July 18, 2019, 10:22:57 PM »

In fact, i predict the Nets will have a poorer record this year than they had last season.  TAKE THAT for data!

Of course the will have a poorer record. They have Kyrie and let D'Angelo go. They'll be a mess.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf and Leopard have come to kill the sheep and the shepherd
« Reply #7161 on: July 19, 2019, 01:24:38 AM »

Of course the will have a poorer record. They have Kyrie and let D'Angelo go. They'll be a mess.

The good chemistry in Boston was undone by Kyrie.  Same could happen in Brooklyn.  They've built nothing yet.  Nothing but grand expectations.  I'm actually relieved they got the "Prize" in free agency as all that money still leads to question marks.  They won't be that plucky upstart to root for anymore.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: July 19, 2019, 09:23:04 AM »

Yeah, they'll miss their GLUE GUY, their leader, D'Angelo.

Heh

- I assume they will start Harris with Kyrie and let Spencer come off the pine.  But lots of options, including a twin towers look if they so choose.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: July 19, 2019, 10:19:03 AM »

ESPn article about younger and younger ballers getting mid-career type injuries.  Especially those who specialize in hoops.  Article begins with Randle breaking his leg in his 1st NBA game.  Already had a stress fracture coming into the NBA.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27125793/these-kids-ticking-bombs-threat-youth-basketball
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:48:38 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: July 19, 2019, 10:52:54 AM »

ESPn article about younger and younger ballers getting mid-career injuries.  Especially those who specialize in hoops.  Article begins with Randle breaking his leg in his 1st NBA game.  Already had a stress fracture coming into the NBA.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27125793/these-kids-ticking-bombs-threat-youth-basketball

excellent piece,thanks

"Think about it as the tip of the iceberg. What you see on the top of the water is really skillful, very athletic kids, especially now even in high school. You get a sophomore that can do a 360-degree dunk whereas 20 years ago you never saw that. You see kind of the good outcome, which is improved skill, improved athleticism. But down below, their movement quality is suffering, and a lot of these kids just move absolutely terrible. You're like, 'How can a kid jump 38 inches when they can't even stand on one leg?'"

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: July 19, 2019, 01:12:36 PM »

On some of the same themes, here's an interesting hour long discussion between David Epstein and Malcolm Gladwell at the Sloane Sports Analytics Conference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RqIa09AvDU
Epstein argues that early sports specialization is harmful, as it leads to burnout, injuries and a limited athletic profile.  Similar to much in that ESPn article.  Gladwell, of the famous 10,000 hour dictum, is persuaded and basically renounces his grind-away-for-success theory.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 11:16:10 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: July 21, 2019, 09:56:12 AM »

You can almost make a full team from all the still unaffiliated FA's who are ex-Knicks:

Melo, Linsane, Crawford, Lance, Trey Burke,
Noah, Felt, Calderon, Troy Williams, Shump.
JEarl Smith, (Amare).

TyC just hooked with HOU.

Maybe that dozen ex-Knickers could go to China as one team and battle the CBA.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: July 21, 2019, 12:52:29 PM »

Noah is with Grizzlies

Lin also hooked up

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: July 21, 2019, 01:00:51 PM »

Knicks keep Wooten on Exhibit 10 deal

Lose Cavanaugh to Alba Berlin

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: July 21, 2019, 01:45:26 PM »

Noah is with Grizzlies
Lin also hooked up

You might be right, but I cant find anything about either of them agreeing to a new deal.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 1844