Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912432 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8325 on: November 09, 2019, 02:16:06 AM »

Taj, Morris, and Frank have the key to everything this team needs to grow into. They need to be together on the floor for our key stretches with whoever is hot or has a punishable advantage.

Our three interchangeable bigs need to be Mitch, Taj, and Randle. Both Mitch and Julius need to learn to use their asses and voices to organize the court the way Taj does. Bobby is a step behind Mitch and Randle but is replacement level at least and can fill minutes and get stats.

Morris is bringing Knox and Iggy along. Knox is encouraging with his progress.

Barrett is real. How consistent he’ll be and what he’ll add over time remain to be seen. The free throw thing is a little ridiculous already. If Dot is getting back up to speed, which it looks like he is, his lunch pail, smart, hard nosed play makes him both a good benchmark and tandem for RJ. Ellington has a ton of experience, but isn’t as talented as the other two.

Frank sees the game right. We need to get everyone on our team in tune with what Frank is up to while ensuring no one on the opposing team has any idea what that is.

The other guards, Trier, DSJ, and Payton will need to fall into line. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: November 09, 2019, 02:39:52 AM »

lol.

• Frank looking better and better with every extended run — as I fully expected. No doubt he is a starting point guard on a winning team.  Sank his threes and made some tremendous defensive plays in his 28th career start. Stuff that caused turnovers or missed shots and won't tally as steals or blocks though he got those too. Just gonna be a winning player. Even got a few picks set for him rather than just Fiz's patented pass around the perimeter. If he continues to start — which may actually happen against all odds despite his continent of passport and reluctance to throw up 20 shitshots a game —— cause Fiz is gonna be desperate to defend his job, I may have to amp up to a full [Carlos' # + 6].

• Porzingis just destroyed his many PF replacements until his last check in after which he sucked. That trade, and the failed management that led up to the demand for it, is a managerial travesty that in any rational world would be punished by execution.

• I didn't rag on FizWhale much last game cause I thought he didn't do a terrible job, his players did. And he did a better one tonight — coming in with Trier/Dot on cue — though the failure to come back with Dot at end of third allowing the lead to completely evaporate with a laughably inept defensive lineup out there, his major sin, along with going with Barrett at the end, whose free throws

• are yes, ridiculous, a major problem, and will probably continue to be. Should have gone Trier/Dot offense/defense as much as possible in crunch.

• Doncic really is amazing, but he takes a pretty large # of stupid ass shots, including that last long one

***** Tim Hardaway is still....Tim Hardaway, who signed his a$$ for how long for how much? Does that person still have a job?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 10:40:58 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: November 09, 2019, 02:48:37 AM »

I think Luca thought it was going to be his last chance to shed Frank.

I’m not convinced there’s much benefit to subbing Dot out on offense. He does all the things we need a guard to do. He just needs to get in rhythm.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: November 09, 2019, 02:51:35 AM »

I agree with you actually on that. But considering that Fiz wouldn't put him back in the third because (I suppose) of that offensive rust, I figure half of the end game is the best we could have expected from coach.

Barrett really shouldn't have been out there. He was getting shredded on defense and it took all of a split second for Carlisle to get him fouled and to the line. Carlisle is a really good coach. We were really lucky to get out of there with a win what with that foul shooting fiasco. Thank god for a couple really good brain farts from the Mav's super duper euro duo.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 02:55:22 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: November 09, 2019, 08:17:40 AM »

Good to see some post ... after the best game of the season.
And a breakout game from Frenchie.
That's the kind of thing he is capable of.
Fizz needs to try to build on that.

We don't need Franc to be a dominant ballhandler.
RJB and Randle can help with that.

I'd like to see Franc get 30 mins a night and have Jr. Smith gobble up the backup minutes.  We need to develop our young PG's.
If Franc hits a major slump, then flip them for a few weeks.

Taj is a good player and a steadying force.
So sometimes injuries (Smith & Mitch) can benefit the team by providing ops elsewhere.  (and yeah, Smith is out for a variety of personal, physical, mental reasons).

RJB is going to have to get those FT's down.
As guys will foul him more on drives and make him earn his points, it makes him hard to play in tight games, and just takes a psychological/confidence toll after a while.  Seems like a lot of his FT's are too strong and clank the back iron.  But I haven't seen more than quarters and halves, so haven't witnessed the full horror.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: November 09, 2019, 11:13:17 AM »

• Porzingis just destroyed his many PF replacements until his last check in after which he sucked. That trade, and the failed management that led up to the demand for it, is a managerial travesty that in any rational world would be punished by execution.

KP has a blood condition.  His anemia causes him to fade. In games and seasons.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: November 09, 2019, 11:54:25 AM »

Depends on the degree of anemia.
Many can just take iron supplements and be fine.
But high-level athletics can be trickier.
Also, depends on the cause of the anemia.
Is it a congenital condition, related to something else, mostly present when growing too rapidly or more permanent genetic disorder.

But at this point in the season, it could just be conditioning.
he hasn't gone hard for long.  I saw a pre-season game where KZ was clearly going half-speed.

Anyway, KZ is playing pretty well even though he hasn't rounded into form yet, or meshed with Donc yet.  Bodes well for DAL
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: November 09, 2019, 11:56:56 AM »

Btw, Lillard hit 60 by jacking a buzzer beating 3 down 7.
I guess that kind of stat hunting is pretty common by now, and no doubt the bench was encouraging him. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: November 09, 2019, 01:04:33 PM »

But at this point in the season, it could just be conditioning.
he hasn't gone hard for long.  I saw a pre-season game where KZ was clearly going half-speed.

Anyway, KZ is playing pretty well even though he hasn't rounded into form yet, or meshed with Donc yet.  Bodes well for DAL

By the time he rounds into form he will complain of tiredness:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21960316/new-york-knicks-star-kristaps-porzingis-says-tired-playing-back-back

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: November 09, 2019, 01:08:28 PM »

Two young guys who aren't playing on deep teams:
Juancho for DEN and DJ Wilson for MIL.
I'd take DJ Willie instead of Booby Porter.
Two guys worth monitoring.

You're a fucking idiot

Nice win last night

Still say Frank switches off too much - but he's an entertaining 2-way player when he makes shots and limits his turnovers.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: November 09, 2019, 01:09:20 PM »

Btw, Lillard hit 60 by jacking a buzzer beating 3 down 7.
I guess that kind of stat hunting is pretty common by now, and no doubt the bench was encouraging him.

Should he have taken a 2?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: November 09, 2019, 01:13:08 PM »

Things is, Donk makes crazy stuff like that.

Really?  You're calling him that?

heh

Stupid shot.  Not surprised you defended it.  Stupid last possession as well.

Bird comparisons can wait - as in forever.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: November 09, 2019, 01:29:43 PM »

Still say Frank switches off too much - but he's an entertaining 2-way player when he makes shots and limits his turnovers.

Trouble is, we don't know what Fiz is asking him to do. Same on O. When he rote gives it up in a second on the perimeter and heads out to the corner, sure looks like he is executing a plan. Last night was best yet, whether that's Frank conquering his nerves or Fiz changing the marching orders the result is the same..improvement.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: November 09, 2019, 01:36:58 PM »

Portis needs to change his focus or he'll remain a tease.

In the 1Q last game, Portis played hard and Wally was noting how Portis was "fully immersed" in the game and such.  With the implication that he often isn't.  Didn't do much beyond the 1Q either.  But it was a damn good quarter.

Otherwise, my scouting has favored players such as Brogdon, Oubre (having a solid season), Jaylen.  Kiid likes guys such as Rivers, Fredette, Tim Jr.  Some might notice a difference . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
KP shit his NY bed
« Reply #8339 on: November 09, 2019, 02:06:40 PM »

https://nypost.com/2019/11/08/inside-toxic-kristaps-porzingis-knicks-marriage-that-made-trade-inevitable/

On occasion at the Tarrytown practice headquarters, Porzingis started parking his car haphazardly in front of the players’ entrance instead of in the assigned parking spot that each player receives.

And after then-coach Jeff Hornacek told him during a practice to show more toughness on defense, Porzingis blurted back, “F–k you.’’
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 1848