Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915406 times)

Jerrya

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8490 on: November 14, 2019, 08:43:39 AM »

I am all for getting rid of Fiz  but I think there's more than that.  It all starts at the top.  We know we can't get rid of Dolan, but we sure as heck can dump Mills and Perry.  They were the ones who put together this roster and staff.  So we should let the new powers put together the next staff which means Fiz should remain until they are jettisoned.  Problem is how long will this take?  It's really unbelievable how this franchise can put together such a dysfunctional organization!

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
CORROSIVE
« Reply #8491 on: November 14, 2019, 09:37:07 AM »

Got a group of friends who use to go out and watch with me a couple times of year.

Have had ONE convo with any of them about Knicks this season.

Bud called me up after flipping on some game to check in and said "What's with that piece of crap wearing Bernard's number?"
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: November 14, 2019, 09:40:34 AM »

It's his fucking NUMBER.  Get over it.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: November 14, 2019, 09:47:59 AM »

I'll tell him that next time he calls to talk Knicks. Which will probably be 2022 the way things are going.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: November 14, 2019, 10:42:07 AM »

more realistically, if we hadn't been tanking, we prob would have Zion or Morant + Porzingis + an A List Summer 2019 Free Agent right now. 

This is completely nonsensical.
And apparently you can't explain it.
I assume nobody else has any idea what in the world you mean either.

I guess in string theory there could be an infinite number of alternative universes, in which this trifecta could possibly happen once.  I hear Chip is President there as well.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:45:38 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: November 14, 2019, 10:54:21 AM »

Finally everybody is seeing that Fizz is trash and has been since he been here.  Here's an Idea CP3 is still looking good over in purgatory in OKC.  lets trade for the remains of CP3 who cares about his salary no stars want to play for us anyway.  Get some floor leadership on the court and in the locker room so we don't fuck the heads up of this young core that we have.  Contrary to what everyone keep saying about management I do not believe the roster is as bad as Fizz is making it look.  We have some decent parts, I rarely see more than 2 dunks  with this knick squad every shot is from the perimeter, our bigs take more jumpers then the guards, this is not healthy basketball.  We need more pick and rolls to the basket, more guard penetration and set plays to get players in rhythm.  It is a free for all out there.  Again as far as DSmith his body language says he doesn't want to be a knick, he looks nothing like the Dallas smith, when he shoot its like its who cares if it goes in kind of form.  Get him outta here trade him to OKC for Cpaul, shit throw in Ellington and we take back CP3 salary.  Save the Season NOW. P.s. this is my last year wasting $250 on the league pass to watch these sorry ass knicks play.  On the other hand I am loving me some Phoenix Suns.  Them dudes are well coached and that squad is gon be dangerous by next year.

lesterluv

• View Profile
No Big Bang. No Quantum Anything. Just Doing Your Best to Improve & Win
« Reply #8496 on: November 14, 2019, 11:00:11 AM »

more realistically, if we hadn't been tanking, we prob would have Zion or Morant + Porzingis + an A List Summer 2019 Free Agent right now. 

This is completely nonsensical.
And apparently you can't explain it.
I assume nobody else has any idea what in the world you mean either.

I guess in string theory there could be an infinite number of alternative universes, in which this trifecta could possibly happen once.  I hear Chip is President there as well.

Lol, you are too funny. Of course I can explain it. 850 words Bo-Style. Yet still very clearly for your wee little brain when I have the chance. (have a life, lol) No string theory involved. Just what happens if we had tried to win games and finish in a 5-8 spot (likeliest outcome) & end up looking like an improving team rather than a hot, steaming pile of 17-65 doo doo.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 11:05:14 AM by lesterdog »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: November 14, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »

Anyway, I think you're just upset cause your favorite coach looks like he's about to be axed. Take a deep breath. He'll be Ok, You'll be Ok either way.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: November 14, 2019, 11:11:28 AM »

No A list free agent wanted to play in KP's shadow.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: November 14, 2019, 11:25:43 AM »

Finally everybody is seeing that Fizz is trash and has been since he been here.  Here's an Idea CP3 is still looking good over in purgatory in OKC.  lets trade for the remains of CP3 who cares about his salary no stars want to play for us anyway.  Get some floor leadership on the court and in the locker room so we don't fuck the heads up of this young core that we have.  Contrary to what everyone keep saying about management I do not believe the roster is as bad as Fizz is making it look.  We have some decent parts, I rarely see more than 2 dunks  with this knick squad every shot is from the perimeter, our bigs take more jumpers then the guards, this is not healthy basketball.  We need more pick and rolls to the basket, more guard penetration and set plays to get players in rhythm.  It is a free for all out there.  Again as far as DSmith his body language says he doesn't want to be a knick, he looks nothing like the Dallas smith, when he shoot its like its who cares if it goes in kind of form.  Get him outta here trade him to OKC for Cpaul, shit throw in Ellington and we take back CP3 salary.  Save the Season NOW. P.s. this is my last year wasting $250 on the league pass to watch these sorry ass knicks play.  On the other hand I am loving me some Phoenix Suns.  Them dudes are well coached and that squad is gon be dangerous by next year.

Good post

Not sure who we would give for CP3.  Have to match the numbers

D Smith did have one nice sequence - where he drove, then dished to Taj for the layup. 

I also noticed that someone posted him at -16 his first 5 minutes - and when I went back to the box score at one point Dennis was -12 over 10.

Of course then that ugly stretch beginning of fourth doomed the whole thing.

Just looking for glimmers at this point.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: November 14, 2019, 11:44:21 AM »

So we should have been a playoff team last year?
Tanking caused KZ to demand a trade?
And somehow Zion or Morant would materialize on the Knix?

Does anyone think any of that accords with any kind of reality??

Otherwise, I am not a Fizz fan. 
I was probably Fizz's biggest detractor when we hired him, calling him a chronic BS-er.  And he still somewhat rubs me the wrong way.  Most here seemed to like him when he was hired. 
I just don't like constantly churning over the roster and the coach.  Continuity would help the Knicks a good deal.

Last year, I thought Fizz got many reclamation and rooks to play above expectations -- Mud, Mitch, Trier, Knox(?), Vonleh, Burke, Dot -- gave everyone a chance to shine, and succeeded in tanking and getting us RJB.  Positives.  To me, 17 W's was better than 27 or 37.  Nabbed us RJB

This year, I don't like the way Fizz is using Franc (too little) or RJB (too much).   I blame the front office for giving Fizz another mismatched roster, albeit one with more talent than last year's.
Still hardly anyone expected these Knix to win 30 games.
So I want to develop players, figure out who stays, get some chemistry between the long-term components, and don't care about winning 20 or 30 games 

Regardless, I'd want our coach, any coach, to get at least 2 full years to do his thing.  If Fizz is a good development and tanking coach, then he'll have improved our yute and added two blue chip Top 5 draftees.  And his time here wouldn't have been a waste.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
You can do this. Try Try.
« Reply #8501 on: November 14, 2019, 11:48:37 AM »

No A list free agent wanted to play in KP's shadow.

Kam has a complete immediate understanding of what I mean.
He disagrees with part three, but he gets it. Pretty simple stuff.
C'mon Brother Bo. No need to reach for the Quantum Electron Microscope. C'mon...

*** and that would be alongside or in front of, despite KP's 87 inches, not in shadow of, btw
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 11:51:16 AM by lesterdog »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: November 14, 2019, 12:02:30 PM »

Hey Kam, what does he mean?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: November 14, 2019, 12:18:08 PM »

So we should have been a playoff team last year?
Tanking caused KZ to demand a trade?
And somehow Zion or Morant would materialize on the Knix?

Does anyone think any of that accords with any kind of reality?

um...  what?

Should have?  How about could have?

Porzingis?  YES.  I believe this was partly, if not solely to blame.

Zion or Morant?  Well, yeah, obviously they were 2 of the prizes.  We got one of the others.

NBA lottery fun.

What was your question again?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: November 14, 2019, 12:47:22 PM »

Hey Kam, what does he mean?

Memphis and New Orleans both won exactly 33 games.
Thus... if we were on track to win 33 games Les asserts KP wouldn't have asked for a trade
And we would've potentially, had some of those wins come vs Memphis or New Orleans prevented THEM from winning the first two lottery picks, thus giving us the shot at Zion or Morant.

But Les... Dallas also won 33 games but picked 10th and that pick ended up being Cam Reddish.

So your  WIN MORE games but still miss the playoffs theory under closer scrutiny falls apart
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 1848