Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918182 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8505 on: November 14, 2019, 12:52:16 PM »

Randle and Peyton to Utah for Mike Conley and a first round pick.

You want to pay Conley 34 mil next season?

It's better than paying CP3 44 for two more years. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Merciless

• View Profile
Re: CORROSIVE
« Reply #8506 on: November 14, 2019, 01:21:02 PM »

Got a group of friends who use to go out and watch with me a couple times of year.

Have had ONE convo with any of them about Knicks this season.

Bud called me up after flipping on some game to check in and said "What's with that piece of crap wearing Bernard's number?"

Agree...#30 is mother fucking royalty

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
EZ like a..sunday that thing
« Reply #8507 on: November 14, 2019, 01:57:50 PM »

But Les... Dallas also won 33 games but picked 10th and that pick ended up being Cam Reddish.

So your  WIN MORE games but still miss the playoffs theory under closer scrutiny falls apart

I wouldn't say falls apart. Yes, the Reddish spot would certainly be a possibility. The Wizard's 5-turns into 9 spot another. But realistically, about 50-50 we end up with with one of Zion/Morant had we not gone for purposeful tank. To me that's value, as I still like both those guys ahead of Barrett. **

The Math

50% shot at BETTER than Barrett +
50% chance at a pretty good guy who is not Barrett +
greater chance KP doesn't demand out or changes mind once he sees we are actually not a ludicrous league-laughingstock hot pile of shit headed up+
much greater chance somebody whose signature move isn't POUND POUND POUND POUND SPIN & FUMBLE considers playing here  +
much, much greater chance your young players actually learn something about the game +
Your friends don't wince, cough, laugh hysterically when you mention your favorite team =

Supremely easy-to-understand value proposition

** To each his own, I like Barrett a lot.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:05:39 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Honestly, the IQ is 50 or is it even less than that? Done Explaining This
« Reply #8508 on: November 14, 2019, 02:12:25 PM »

So we should have been a playoff team last year?]
No. Who said that? Not me. I guess you can neither read nor think.

Tanking caused KZ to demand a trade?
Surely what he witnessed contributed to his desire to not waste one second more of his career here.

And somehow Zion or Morant would materialize on the Knix?
Somehow? A very likely outcome, per my above post.

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
Conk me up!
« Reply #8509 on: November 14, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »

'6ers were a sad sack, endured some pain and now are a co-favorite to get to the Finals.  And The Process could have been faster if both Embiid and Simmons didn't miss a full season.  While the fultz up didn't help either.

Two decades of losing, yet Knick fans can't even stomach two years of truly bottoming out . . .

The only thing I agree with in Les' revision fantasy is that top FA's don't look to come to a team that is at bottom.  Which is why I wouldn't have counted on FA's this Summer or next. 

With where we're at, I'd go all in on yute, by trading some of Morris, Randle, Portis, Taj, Ellington, a PG for more yute and picks.  Build around RJB, Knox, Mitch, next year's Top 5 pick, and whatever yute and picks we get for our vets.  (and any of Franc. Jr. Smith, Trier, Dot who manage to play 2-way hoops).

If firing Fizz now/soon aids the tank, then I can get with the (new) program.  Let the Knick Process unfold. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
The Only Revisionist Fantasy is the One You Are Still Living In
« Reply #8510 on: November 14, 2019, 02:25:25 PM »

'6ers were a sad sack, endured some pain and now are a co-favorite to get to the Finals.  And The Process could have been faster if both Embiid and Simmons didn't miss a full season.  While the fultz up didn't help either.

Bo, this is what you don't get. It's not even worth referencing the 76ers. As of last year, that process, no longer possible.

Over. Done. Doesn't apply to us. Didn't Apply to us.

The only possible winning process is smart, talented management. Top down. Let's get us some.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:27:15 PM by lesterdog »

lesterluv

• View Profile
Biz, Run a Poll: I Understand v. I Don't Understand
« Reply #8511 on: November 14, 2019, 02:31:09 PM »

wait...there is no more Biz.

He must have gotten corroded, too.

***F'n regular horror movie in here, zombie eats basketball forum flick, and then there were...and there was...one guy left, sitting somewhere out there in China all by himself watching a pirated feed, wondering why everybody else doesn't have the stomach to watch more 17-65 seasons after 18 year of losing, don't you understand how the Sixers did it? don't you underStand THE PROCESS???? don't you FEEEL THE PROMISE???? MORE FIZ! MORE WIZ!! MORE CHEESE!!! Toughen up fancy pants NYC bitches -- you can't tell me the Pelicans and the Grizz got Morant & Zion, it didn't happpppppppppppppppen.

*****Nice to see you check back in Merciless, I hope for your sake you are still not holding season tix.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:23:33 PM by lesterdog »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: November 14, 2019, 02:36:00 PM »

Doesn't apply to us?
Worked last year when we tanked, had the worst record, got the #3 pick and drafted RJB. 
I'd like to double dip and do it again.

Worst record:
52% chance of Top 4 -- Top 5 guaranteed

2nd worst record:
52% chance of Top 4  -- 80% chance of Top 5
Top 6 guaranteed (20% chance)

3rd worst record:
52% chance of Top 4 pick

All they did was add one extra lotto slot, so the worst record and any others who don't win the lottery can drop one spot lower than before.

But they also flattened the odds, so the worst record has lower odds than before, but the 2nd & 3rd-worst now have a much better chance of moving up into the Top 4. 

The chance of the #1 pick was 25% before I believe, so it was never a likely thing.   Picking in the Top 3 and Top 5 is very valuable.  Knicks did that by tanking.  Should do it again.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: November 14, 2019, 02:46:06 PM »

With where we're at, I'd go all in on yute, by trading some of Morris, Randle, Portis, Taj, Ellington, a PG for more yute and picks. 

Don't trade someone who might help you be better - sooner just to have someone who cannot yet grow stubble.

lesterluv

• View Profile
Can't Read, Add, Subtract, or Think
« Reply #8514 on: November 14, 2019, 02:47:57 PM »

Tried.
Out.
Keep slicing that ham.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: November 14, 2019, 03:48:01 PM »

The only possible winning process is smart, talented management. Top down. Let's get us some.

Fans who ran Phil off (or condoned it) deserve this

chipstern

• View Profile
Wow...Just...WOW
« Reply #8516 on: November 14, 2019, 04:26:29 PM »

Fans who ran Phil off (or condoned it) deserve this

Just when you think it's safe to get back in the water, you launch one of your carefully calculated, feces-filled, patent pending, contrarian depth charges of DUH. 

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:48:54 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: November 14, 2019, 04:57:25 PM »

After we get housed by the Mavs tonight, you free Fizz. Give the reigns to Miller. Keep Scott and Steve till if and when you find a new top guy who you’ll let completely clean house.

You know how much better Miller made your GLeague team. You know what he does. It gives you a good chance to side the development of young players and a framework to judge the relative quality of your roster compared to other teams.

Right now we may not often be as good as our opponents, but we make ourselves look way worse than we should be with both extended offensive droughts and stretches where get beat in the same aspect of our D again and again. We’ve had a lot of coaches and rosters over the years. There weren’t all that many times it’s been this ridiculous in my memory. And I remember things being pretty damn bad.

Fizz is a swell guy. This chapter just isn’t working out.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: November 14, 2019, 05:05:59 PM »

Tough call:

Steelers-Browns
Knicks-Mavs

chipstern

• View Profile
Alternate Reality
« Reply #8519 on: November 14, 2019, 05:14:04 PM »

more realistically, if we hadn't been tanking, we prob would have Zion or Morant + Porzingis + an A List Summer 2019 Free Agent right now. 

This is completely nonsensical.
And apparently you can't explain it.
I assume nobody else has any idea what in the world you mean either.

I guess in string theory there could be an infinite number of alternative universes, in which this trifecta could possibly happen once. 

I hear Chip is President there as well.

It's true...I do reside in my own Alternate Reality.

Best of all, it's rose-colored. 

However, it's not true that Chip 1011 is President.

I'm the Owner of the New York Knickerbockers NBA franchise. 

Jerry West is my VP In Charge Of Operations

Monty Williams is my coach. 

Pharoah is my assistant coach. 

Jesus Of Nazareth is my offensive coordinator.

Josef Stalin is my defensive coordinator. 
[Late on defensive switches, don't get over screens, permit open three-pointers...YOU DIE]

John Stockton is my PG. 

Bill Russell is my Center.

Bernard King is my SF.

Steph Curry is my SG.

Jordan Hill [er] Anita Hill [damn]  Bob Pettit is my PF 

Pete Maravitch is my 6th man. 

Miras The Merciless handles Media Relations.

Kam is in charge of scouting.

FWK is responsible for video production. 

BoD handles Puns and Catering.

Kiid has the pop corn concession. 

Lester Dawg cleans up after the circus. 

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 05:21:05 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1848