Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 913092 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9510 on: December 19, 2019, 04:31:09 PM »

Besides the abject horror of the absurd proposed trades...might it not be prudent to, oh, I don't know...wait?

If you were talking about my Teague proposal, it was a rebuttal - an OPINION on what we might grab IF Minnesota really IS interested in Smith, as has been reported.

Cheers.  (hic)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: December 19, 2019, 04:32:27 PM »

Is 31.  Still has some gas left in the tank, but why has Minny soured on him?   A fine Free Throw shooter and distributor, observe if you might how dramatically his number of free throws has gone down these past three years.  An omen.

Who says they have?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: December 19, 2019, 04:53:02 PM »

"If I don't score and I get ten assists, it's a good game"

No.  Really - it isn't, RJ.  Learn the league and your potential part in it.  You are being counted on.

"They don't pay me to play defense"
- Jabari Parker

Fellow Dukie.

What makes Duke bball a standard for intelligence?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: December 19, 2019, 04:53:23 PM »

Meanwhile, Langston Galloway an asset?  Imagine that.

https://pistonpowered.com/2019/12/19/four-galloway-trades-detroit-pistons/

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: December 19, 2019, 04:56:08 PM »

Jabari Parker, you say?

We should BE so lucky with RJ's shooting percentages.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: December 19, 2019, 04:58:07 PM »

Is Barrett's 125 (combined percentages - 40+30+55) worst in the league among non bigs?

May very well be.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: December 19, 2019, 05:02:28 PM »

"If I don't score and I get ten assists, it's a good game"

No.  Really - it isn't, RJ.  Learn the league and your potential part in it.  You are being counted on.

"They don't pay me to play defense"
- Jabari Parker

Fellow Dukie.

What makes Duke bball a standard for intelligence?

Kiid.

As per RJ.

Huge upside. 

Winner at every level.

Ain't there yet. 

Working on shot.

Working on FTs.

Working on Defense.

Working on WORKING. 

Basically what he said was that I'm 19, I'm having fun, I am blessed, I am taking NOTHING FOR GRANTED. 

Hey, if Elfrid scored no points but got 10 assists with no turnovers, I think you'd be ecstatic. 

PS: I finally watched the Atlanta game, and in lieu of a possible ass kicking at the hands of the Heat...there was a play in the fourth quarter that was absolutely gorgeous, and indicative of RJ's statement, and the evolution of this team, in spite of all the horrors we have all witnessed.  Elfrid out on top of the key, passed to his left where RJ made an instantaneous pass to Knox on the baseline, who instead of forcing a shot, found a cutting Robinson for the slam.  Beautiful team work and ball motion.  Nothing that shows up in RJ's otherwise impressive stat line (10-13, 2-3, 5-8, 6, 1, 1), but an example of his team first attitude and talent as a facilitator.  The likes of Clyde are always talking about things teams can do when the shots are not falling.  Defense, good passing and purposeful, unselfish ball movement surely qualifies). 

PPS: Teague as a rumor.  Is a rumor.  Don't see why Minny would offload him when they are trying to solidify their culture and make the playoffs.  Was addressing the notions, floated here, that the Knicks dump Smith, instead of nurturing him.  Too soon to proclaim him a bust.  TOO FUCKING SOON.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: December 19, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »

One for Bo (don't shoot the messenger)

The final, and most aggressive trade is a package of Markieff Morris, Langston Galloway, and Tony Snell for Kent Bazemore, Anfernee Simons, and a 2020 first round pick from the Portland Trailblazers.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: December 19, 2019, 05:03:31 PM »

Jabari Parker, you say?

We should BE so lucky with RJ's shooting percentages.

Are you making the case for Jabari in lieu of RJ?

Heh. 

Get a grip. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Mitchell Robinson, Part II
« Reply #9519 on: December 19, 2019, 05:06:40 PM »

Shams Charania: Potential No. 1 pick James Wiseman of Memphis has left the university, will sign with an agent and begin preparing for 2020 NBA draft. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: December 19, 2019, 05:23:51 PM »

Is Barrett's 125 (combined percentages - 40+30+55) worst in the league among non bigs?

May very well be.

125 is higher than 117, which is what you get from DSJ’s  .338 fg  .314 3 pt and .515 ft splits. Yet someone might want to take him off our hands.

462. Fg 352. 3pt .600 ft is what Layman is knocking down for The wolves on 10 pets per game over 27 minutes. He’s 25 with the size to play 2 or 3. He’s making under 4 mil the next two years.

Ellington has a 126 mark by this bizarre metric .322 fg .304 3pt .666 ft.

Swap DSJ for Layman. Release Ellington and call up and sign for 3 or more years Kadeem Allen. This improves our PG and perimeter production with cheap smart productive effort players entering their early primes.

We’re not gonna get more for DSJ if we even get that much.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Mitchell Robinson, Part II
« Reply #9521 on: December 19, 2019, 05:27:17 PM »

Shams Charania: Potential No. 1 pick James Wiseman of Memphis has left the university, will sign with an agent and begin preparing for 2020 NBA draft. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

Makes sense for him to shed his amateur status and see how he can get paid to work out. There are a number of models to follow at this point that have gotten guys to the league.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: December 19, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »

May very well be.

125 is higher than 117, which is what you get from DSJ’s  .338 fg  .314 3 pt and .515 ft splits. Yet someone might want to take him off our hands.

462. Fg 352. 3pt .600 ft is what Layman is knocking down for The wolves on 10 pets per game over 27 minutes. He’s 25 with the size to play 2 or 3. He’s making under 4 mil the next two years.

Ellington has a 126 mark by this bizarre metric .322 fg .304 3pt .666 ft.

Swap DSJ for Layman. Release Ellington and call up and sign for 3 or more years Kadeem Allen. This improves our PG and perimeter production with cheap smart productive effort players entering their early primes.

I get your drift. 

HOWSOEVER...

WAY TOO EARLY TO GIVE UP ON DENNIS SMITH. 

As for Layman?

We have RJ.

We have Brazdekis. 

We have Bullock. 

We have Knox. 

WE HAVE MORRIS. 

Seems to me, innocent that I am, that there is more to be gained by reconstituting Smith's confidence and his game, than in dumping him for a role player who offers us nothing that we couldn't glean from patiently working with the assets we already have, and who would be buried on the bench. 

Frank has also been up and down, up and down, but has benefited from patience...still has a long ways to go, but if he continues to improve his jumper, he could benefit us as an off the ball-2 with defensive posture. 

Smith looked mighty good last season before his back injury. 

Has been a shipwreck this season, given injuries and family tragedy, but again, new day, new dawn, new coach...yes, he had three turnovers against the Hawks, but he did any number of nice things, including draining a three, some nice aggressive drives to the paint, and a big time defensive play against Trae with a blocked shot. 

I MEAN, what exactly is the rush to fucking dump him?  Might he be dangled in a trade?  Sure, why not.  But dumping him as a bust?  Please.  What's the point?  There's a reason he and Frank went 8-9 in the first round.  Donovan Mitchell at 13?  Point taken.  Still, got off to a nice start with Dallas.  Dennis is NOT A BUM. 

2017: Bam Adebayo #14, Jarret Allen #22, OG Anunoby #23, Kuzma #27, Josh Hart #30, Ivan Rabb #35.  Dotson #44.  Kadeem Allen #53

PS: James Wiseman.  That would be nice.  Still pretty raw, in terms of his shot, but has potential as both a 5 and a stretch 4.   VERY ATHLETIC. Though I suspect the hoops gods do not favor the Knicks.  In lieu of that wet dream, do the Knicks pursue one of the PGs?  Or is there a drop dead shooter who might fall in our laps?  There seem to be any number of PGs and promising but raw bigs. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 06:13:10 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: December 19, 2019, 06:40:09 PM »

I was Mitchell then frank at the draft with a lot of back and forth prior. But that also meant thinking a lot about Dennis Smith.

I also watched him in Dallas a fair amount and have watched him closely here in NY.

No question he has potential, and talent, and a certain understanding of the game. By 24 or 25, he could be really good.

He’s not really good right now, even for what we need him to do now which is be a disciplined energetic platoon PG who keeps the train together on both ends. Can he take a guy off the dribble, score in a crowd, throw the advanced pass, make the athletic defensive play? Yes, yes, yes, and yes. That’s why some teams might want him. Kadeem Allen does all those things nearly as well plus he does that stuff we hope Dennis will one day do. Also Kadeem has more experience with Miller’s coaching under NBA rules than any other active player.

I’m not saying we have to trade Smith or that we should, just pointing out it would t hurt us much if we do.

Maybe there’s better return out there than Layman. We have Bullock coming back and we have Barrett, Dotson, Morris, and Knox, not to mention Iggy.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: December 19, 2019, 06:46:40 PM »

WAY TOO EARLY TO GIVE UP ON DENNIS SMITH. 

I agree.  Lets see what we have under Coach Miller.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 1848