Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 909369 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8625 on: November 15, 2019, 11:49:34 AM »

Calderon, Stockton, Korver, Nance Sr. might be the forward.

Beautiful recap, Pharoah

I like the two units as constructed, but if were gonna keep shuffling it I wouldn’t mind seeing these sets

Mitch Taj
Portis Randle
Morris Knox
Dotson Barrett
DSJ Frank

The first group puts 3 perimeter threats with the Mitch-DSJ pick and roll while also putting 3 good defenders in Mitch, Morris, and Dot plus a rebounder in Portis around DSJ on D.

The second group puts our two most technical defenders in Frank and Taj with our three best open floor athletes. It also lets Taj direct those athletes to better places in half court sets so Frank gets to look at better choices.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:05:28 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: November 15, 2019, 11:56:55 AM »

Korver is eighteenth - .8769

Calderon is short of 1200 tries but comes in at .873 anyway

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: November 15, 2019, 01:47:03 PM »

Sorry to have this question around your post, Pharaoh - nice work.

I think your comment on Randle and not handling the ball so much has a lot to do with Smith Jr being in the game.

Yeah, I will camp on the block if I think I will benefit from a drive, draw, dish.  And I will handle the ball less if I trust the guy handling the ball.

Exactly.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: November 15, 2019, 01:52:11 PM »

Two significant moments in the last week with Frank and....KP.

The game in Dallas when he tried to dunk over KP. It's didn't work, he got fouled (perhaps), but it was FIERCE.

Same thing last night when he took the charge from a barreling KP. Both involved a certain level of brazen assertiveness. We saw it in a couple of other places last night. Can that kind of fire ever be a more consistent part of his game?

Dunno.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: November 15, 2019, 02:20:23 PM »

FT % question

Thought you guys would get

Billups and Ray Allen

Tough one was Peja Stojakovic

And Lillard comes in at 9, with Redick 10.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: November 15, 2019, 02:27:49 PM »

Can he get there while he still has all his springs? He’s young, but time waits for no man. He needs to do next summer whatever Doncic did for his base this summer. That would help Frank a whole lot. As for now he can do just about everything you want a guard to to. I want to see as many as possible executed more consistently in tighter and shorter windows on O and better selectivity on D. That’s possible within this season and make him a steal next year and possibly a long term mainstay. If he gets almost halfway there it will be a very good season for Frank.

Dennis getting his mojo back helps everyone. He may be ready in passing through loss to take on more aspects of a complete point guard in terms of emotional connection and leadership which may be a product of him simply needing to play the game right now. It would be good if he grew a groove.

We would have had a hard time beating Dallas without even one of our bigs.

We didn’t use Ellington, Payton, Iggy, Bullock, and Trier.

We should investigate the smalls for bigs market, such as it is.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: November 15, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »

FT % question

Thought you guys would get

Billups and Ray Allen

Tough one was Peja Stojakovic

And Lillard comes in at 9, with Redick 10.

Nice. They all played in a time I really enjoyed basketball.

Apparently Ray and KG we’re going to come back and play with Durant if he’d gone to Boston in 2016.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: November 15, 2019, 02:44:35 PM »

Two significant moments in the last week with Frank and....KP.
FIERCE.
We saw it in a couple of other places last night.
Can that kind of fire ever be a more consistent part of his game?

Dunno.

I liked when he went to the floor and grabbed the ball from Doncic.  Frank has heart.  But he displayed that a year back also, stepping over LeBron after LeBron backhandedly dissed Frank while complimenting DSJ.  Kid has heart.  I keep hoping he acquires an offensive game.  He can't be a non-scoring PG, non-driving, non free throw getting, non-assisting non entity.  He's like a Larry Brown PG just moving the ball along -- except I think Larry would score more points right now.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: November 15, 2019, 03:19:26 PM »

Trivia:

Who are the Top 5 in FT% as a Knick?
(ie only counting their Knick careers/Knick stats)

I chose an arbitrary cut-off of 50 FTA, just to eliminate extremely small sample guys).

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Brogdon
« Reply #8634 on: November 15, 2019, 03:30:03 PM »

Can't re-iterate what a supreme miscalculation it was to let Malcolm Brogdon get away in restricted free agency.

Your Plan B after not being able to get KD or Kyrie or AD should've been.... Giannis.

What better way to tempt Giannis than to have Mr. Brogdon in the fold.

MB has the look of a Knick-killer for years to come.

If we had flipped those Dallas #1s for Brogdon and made HIM our marquee FA signing....

We wouldn't've have needed Payton (PG) or Ellington (3pt shooting)   

So for the $16 mil we paid those two, we could've paid Malcolm a few million more and be SET at the PG position.

Now we are still searching ...  all it would've taken was a couple a picks at most.

chipstern

• View Profile
Pharoah
« Reply #8635 on: November 15, 2019, 03:46:43 PM »

You enjoy elite status as my third favorite Pharoah

[Ramses and Pharoah Sanders]

Excellent analysis and synopsis as always. 

Again, was SO VERY HAPPY for Dennis last night, which marked the first game where he not only had his hoofs but was not overthinking things; his penetration, his ability to get to the rack and as one poster noted (BoA-ConStricter?) keep the defender on his hip, opened opportunities up for his own finishes and gorgeous reads and lobs to Mitchell.  This was the first game where he wasn't over-thinking things, not giving up his pass too soon, looking to his strengths, not just as an offensive facilitator, but as an offensive creator.  Again, very proud, very happy for the kid.  Dennis and Mitch gave us not just a presence but an energy. 

Likewise Frank finding his tenacious inner dog in the final stanza with five fucking fouls, and RJ finding ways to contribute when the fruit wasn't falling.  As for his overall resume and work in progress status, he is STILL ONLY 21.  Many point to his nascent offensive game, but Charlie Ward anyone.  The manner in which Frank challenged KP (with whom he is clearly a homie) and Luka was impressive.  A suicide mission dunking or blocking a dunk?  Maybe, but a message, 

How many of you recall how Charlie used to make a couple of those plays a game, and towards the final furlongs of his run as a Knick, turned into a pretty effective three point shooter. 

There was a game, where Shaq made a drive towards the baseline, Charlie held his ground, and O'Neal simply obliterated him, like something that would happen to Wile E. Coyote.  Ward did not even flinch, was driven back a few yards behind the baseline, and GOT THE CALL.  Shooting percentages?  Offensive acumen?  That's a cat you want on your team. 

Worth noting that Frank and Dennis were the #8 and #9 draft picks.  And that Frank is still maturing into his body.  And yes, like Luka, he needs to work on this trunk, his lower body, which would certainly facilitate his drives to the hoop, to be able to take a bump, give a bump AND FINISH. 

Also...redundant, but bears repeating...

RJ [19]
Knox [20]
Frank [21]
Mitchell [21]
Dennis [21]
Trier [23]
Portis [24]
Randle [25]
Dotson [25]
Peyton [25]

Brazdeikis [20]
Rabb [22]
Allen [26]
Bullock [28]

Oh, and is it just me or did anyone else notice how much smarter Fizz looked [relatively speaking] being able to add Mitchell and Dennis to his rotations. 

And how much smarter Randle looked [relatively speaking] not feeling compelled to force the issue and play hero ball.  Enough with the treys for a nonce.  That thunder butt backdown of KP was precious.  Fizz, take Julius out to dinner, ply him with a couple of glasses of wine, then take him back to your crib to watch film of Anthony Mason. 

Agree with everyone about the crowd, which was STUNNING in their intensity. 

Man alive do Knicks fans want to cheer something. 

Charlotte on the 'morrow a real gut check.  These Knicks tend to play DOWN to their opponents, not that either the Bulls nor the Cav are without some really talented players (and good coaches). 

How much of that is on Fizz, how much of that is on the players, begging the question, WHO ARE WE?   

These Knicks need to get the crowd into the game straightaway, and keep them in the game.  Other teams will have runs, other teams will have more talent, but we have to make things...unpleasant for fans coming on to our floor. 

We're played some very competitive games, and we've played some stinkers, where you could just see the air rushing out of the balloon. 

Some of that is on Fizz figuring out who he has, what his rotations are. 

Some of that is on cats pounding the rock, trying to play hero ball, settling for quick fucking threes, not maximizing movement and creating easier opportunities. 

Some of that is on injuries [again, Fizz looked 33% smarter being able to look down the bench and see Mitchell and Dennis].

PS: Finally, I am sure everyone is wondering which Elfrid Peyton is coming back, and can he stay healthy,  Me?  I am wondering what is up with Kadeem Allen?  Last year he showed a genuine aptitude for getting into the lane and creating off the dribble, often in the form of those outdated, analytical-wanting mid-range jumpers.  Somewhere, Earl Monroe is weeping.  Get well soon Kadeem...OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS. 

PPS: Let's see of Fizz can engender some snark among the troops against the Hornets. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Hornets
« Reply #8636 on: November 15, 2019, 04:01:38 PM »

At least we will be rested and the struggling Hornets will be on the back end of a back-2-back.

Terry Rozier   Malik Monk   
Devonte' Graham   Dwayne Bacon
Miles Bridges   Nicolas Batum
PJ Washington   Marvin Williams   
Cody Zeller        Bismack Biyombo

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: November 15, 2019, 04:24:56 PM »

Our Frontline should dominate theirs

Mitchell > Zeller
Randle > Washington
Morris > Bridges

They are 4-7 and of their wins
- they have a 1 pt win at home vs Chicago,
- they beat Sacramento and Golden State on the road
- have a 2pt win at home over Indiana

They are just a mediocre squad, on the road, on a b2b, and we should ride the momentum and rest for a victory at home

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: November 15, 2019, 04:28:45 PM »

Cant let Monk go all Coby White on us

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: November 15, 2019, 04:32:56 PM »

Zeller having his best season

Seems the 4-56 deal was wise