Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 1860

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1140019 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8910 on: November 25, 2019, 08:40:32 AM »

Any idea why Trier doesnt get any minutes. Kid can score which we lack at times. I can't fucking watch Frankie shoot open jumpers and miss any longer. The kid is now a liability down the stretch.

Personally, I love watching him shoot and miss, cause missing means he's shooting them. More than 10 FG attempts for second time all season. Excellent. They will fall. The stroke is good. Satisfactory 37th career start.

Understand the thought process but this ain't travel basketball for 8th graders. Mofo needs to produce in the 4th or sit. His defense wasnt great either...Would have rather seen DS jr in that spot attacking and kicking.

Of course you would..until you saw the 4 turnovers or the 6 Dinwiddie breeze-bys or 2 passes sailing into the stands. Next to him would have been fine, but Fiz went with Ellington, which was a much better idea than Knox at least.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: November 25, 2019, 09:02:34 AM »

That's inaccurate, Les

Matter of fact one of the key hoops was a blowby of FRANK by Dinwiddie.

The Smith time is coming.  I dont love his demeanor - that only flies when you really produce consistently.  But with his short time it is looking like Dennis might be able to.

The "what do we do with Frank then?  We just paid him for next year" factors in.  Could go either way, I guess.  I am sure NBA foklks are paying attention when DSJ produces numbers in short stints - maybe there is a deal somewhere...... but that of course would need to net us something - not just be a dump - as KP return still needs to be seen as good enough
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: November 25, 2019, 09:43:33 AM »

Of course you would..until you saw the 4 turnovers or the 6 Dinwiddie breeze-bys or 2 passes sailing into the stands. Next to him would have been fine, but Fiz went with Ellington, which was a much better idea than Knox at least.

Not implying that those happened. They didn't. DJr...as I noted previously, had a reasonable stint. And I would have liked to have seen him & Frank share more floor.

Rather, that's what likely would have happened and what Merciless would have complained about had he seen him during the period in which he requested to see him.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:45:08 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: November 25, 2019, 10:58:05 AM »

Not implying that those happened. They didn't. DJr...as I noted previously, had a reasonable stint. And I would have liked to have seen him & Frank share more floor.

Rather, that's what likely would have happened and what Merciless would have complained about had he seen him during the period in which he requested to see him.

C'Mon Les... you know that being an armchair Monday Morning Quarterback is the best thing that I do.

However I only call it as I see it. As kid mentioned, that jumper he missed was not only pivotal in his development but also pivotal to a fucking win for us. Need him to produce on the offensive side or sit in the 4th. He's become a bit of a statue in closing minutes and the opponent knows it.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8914 on: November 25, 2019, 11:25:50 AM »

I wouldn't have expected Jr. Smith to make the corner 3 either ...

Nets were pretty disciplined on D.
There were a number of times where they left Taj, Mitch or Franc open on the perimeter and guarded everyone else.  Twice Taj couldn't find anyone to pass to and finally took the outside J.

Knix again made poor rotations.
There was one early sequence where 3 consecutive Net possessions wound up with a Net completely unguarded.  Prince clanked a hugely open 3, Jarrett Allen got a dunk, and someone else made a 3. 

There was also one play where 3 Knix went to the ball at the top of the arc, and the guy merely passed to the wide open elbow 3 shooter.  At least Franc was cheating over and remained aware of his man who was further out, but two of our Bigs (Morris and Portis?) didn't communicate.

A nice Franc play late, when he and Taj tied up Harris (who seemed to be expecting them to just foul).   1st half, Knix spent a fair amount of time double teaming Dinwiddie out high.  I thought that was an interesting wrinkle from Fizz.  Though most teams/PG's know how to break a trap so far out and centered.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: November 25, 2019, 11:29:16 AM »

heh

39% vs 32.

But have yor defenders on the court late when trailing.  Thats important.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8916 on: November 25, 2019, 11:31:40 AM »

Mitch actions/play/treatment a key part of that loss - not to be lost in all this

I again ask - after next 2 years what do we pay this guy?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: November 25, 2019, 11:32:30 AM »

Like Camby - I deal Mitch for value if possible

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8918 on: November 25, 2019, 11:54:30 AM »

39% vs 32.
But have yor defenders on the court late when trailing.  Thats important.

You don't really believe Smith is a 39% 3-Pt shooter.

Jr. Smith is a career . . . 32% 3-Pt shooter.

Only has 18 3-Attempts this year.   So very small sample theater.
Wonder how many corner 3's he's tried this year and what %.  Not that it'd matter, since it'd be so few. 

And just for fun, Jr. Smith is 31-101 on 3's as a Knick, just a hair under 31%.

Otherwise you need to get stops as well as score.
Knix have more offenders than defenders, hence Franc, who is also the current starter (so presumed finisher).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 11:57:36 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: November 25, 2019, 12:01:58 PM »

Yeah- and Coby White didnt play the 4th quarter against us - didnt finish - because he didnt start

Oh, wait - he did.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: November 25, 2019, 12:03:16 PM »

Bo thinks Frank matches Dennis as an offensive force - as a shooter.  Bo has similar confidence when they rise to shoot the three,

Heh.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: November 25, 2019, 12:53:08 PM »

Bo has similar confidence when they rise to shoot the three,

Yup.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: November 25, 2019, 12:58:53 PM »

Well, lets see how that goes

Happy birthday to Dennis, by the way.

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: November 25, 2019, 01:51:19 PM »

Missing my point. Its not that DSjr makes it. Its that he's far more active than Frankie and can make something happen, drive and kick anyone?

Frankie is a statue in closing minutes on offense. Generally at the top of the key or perimeter.  DS jr far more dangerous for the defense to check and can get the ball to the right guys.

You think it's an accident Frankie is all alone shooting bricks down the stretch of close games???

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8924 on: November 25, 2019, 06:09:12 PM »

Frankie was making those shots his rookie season.   I remember liking that he had the courage to take them.   
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 1860