Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900484 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Ntilikinoutta here
« Reply #9360 on: December 12, 2019, 01:11:27 AM »

Frank i hope has played his last game as a Knick.  This was a microcosm game of why Frank should go.  He did his patented "I don't want to bring the ball up" move when passed to and passed it right to a PF for a backcourt violation and had a string of turnovers in the 3rd to blow the lead.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9361 on: December 12, 2019, 01:15:25 AM »

DNP - Lack of Confidence
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Phew 😅
« Reply #9362 on: December 12, 2019, 01:22:00 AM »

Great call by coach on the last inbound. Wonder what Phony Phizz would have called, probably inbound directly to the Warriors, just to “confuse” them 🤣
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: December 12, 2019, 01:24:33 AM »

Knix actually made their FT's.
Miss the usual amount and could be a loss.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Phew 😅
« Reply #9364 on: December 12, 2019, 01:25:22 AM »

Great call by coach on the last inbound. Wonder what Phony Phizz would have called, probably inbound directly to the Warriors, just to “confuse” them 🤣

That worked for the Nets . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: December 12, 2019, 08:51:58 AM »

Nice to see Elfrid play the entire OT

Was far from flawless, but RUNS the team.

Knicks again don't foul, up 3 with 7 seconds left.  Should have been a shorter game.

Around theleague, Harden gets 55, now has 11 of those, to 9 for Kobe and 9 for Jordan (Wilt had 73)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: December 12, 2019, 02:23:39 PM »

Morris and DSJ for Bazemore and Simons

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7255565

Gets us a better young guard on a better contract. Portland will have to put in its next best draft asset or two to make this happen.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: December 12, 2019, 03:59:28 PM »

So it appears that the Golden State Warriors won Twit of the Year honors last night - well done.

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: December 12, 2019, 04:00:58 PM »

Steve Kerr:  “So I think people recognize that New York is a basketball town, it’s a basketball city. I think most people in the league want the Knicks to be good. I know I do. I think it’s something that’s missing from the league. We need them to have success. They’re a marquee franchise. … I would like to see things get turned around there for the sake of the league and the sake of the Knicks fans because they have great fans there.”

I hate it when smart people, and Steve Kerr is really a very smart person,  say dopey,  gratuitous things - no one gives a rats  ass how good or bad the Knicks are, certainly not the NBA, and NY might be a basketball city - but for much of the last 20 years the evidence has been  to the contrary....MSG might be filled, but it's filled w corporate freeloaders and maybe a few rube tourists...

The Knicks have proven to be the most inconsequential large market franchise in the NBA, and the pressure from the press and fans (just why did  "fan base" come to replace "fans", like "skill set" to "skills") has not been nearly as unrelenting as it should be....

I forget which forumite pledged "...not one thin dime [spent on Dolan and the Knicks]..." - a rallying cry that should have been long ago adopted by the entire city....

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: December 12, 2019, 04:13:00 PM »

Morris and DSJ for Bazemore and Simons

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7255565

Gets us a better young guard on a better contract. Portland will have to put in its next best draft asset or two to make this happen.

I am going to pass on that - from both sides.

Like a "good for both teams" trade, but in reverse.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: December 12, 2019, 04:29:58 PM »

I think Kerr knows what he's talking about.
If the Knicks are good it ups the media attention and prestige of the whole league.

The NBA has been doing quite well, but the League is stronger and grows bigger when there are competitive teams in LALakerville, NYK, BOS and to a lesser extent CHI.

It's great when small-market teams do well.  But the Spurs and now Bucks and for a while OKC just don't drive the league and up the hype factor like LAL, NYK, BOS can.  Tradition + Big Market simply pushes the needle further.

Otherwise rivalries are good for the NBA.  If BOS-PHI becomes a thing in playoff fights, that'll be good.   The two LA teams doing battle post-season would be good too.  If Knick were good, Knix-Celts, Knix-'6ers, Knix-BKY could be big stuff.  Alas and alack.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: December 12, 2019, 05:12:34 PM »

If the Knicks are good it ups the media attention and prestige of the whole league.

The NBA has been doing quite well, but the League is stronger and grows bigger when there are competitive teams in LALakerville, NYK, BOS and to a lesser extent CHI.

It's great when small-market teams do well.  But the Spurs and now Bucks and for a while OKC just don't drive the league and up the hype factor like LAL, NYK, BOS can.  Tradition + Big Market simply pushes the needle further.

Otherwise rivalries are good for the NBA.  If BOS-PHI becomes a thing in playoff fights, that'll be good.   The two LA teams doing battle post-season would be good too.  If Knick were good, Knix-Celts, Knix-'6ers, Knix-BKY could be big stuff.  Alas and alack.

Agreed - look no further than Yankees/Red Sox rivalry which doesn't just draw their fans but lots of "baseball" fans. As a Mets fan, I hate the Yankees but used to watch that rivalry.

Yankees-Dodgers World Series would break the bank and be great for baseball.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: December 12, 2019, 05:43:58 PM »

Nice to see Elfrid play the entire OT

Was far from flawless, but RUNS the team.

Knicks again don't foul, up 3 with 7 seconds left.  Should have been a shorter game.

Around theleague, Harden gets 55, now has 11 of those, to 9 for Kobe and 9 for Jordan (Wilt had 73)

This game was between the current two worse teams in the NBA. And it looked like it. Ugly sometimes, absurd the rest.

But yeah, E Payton was a bright spot. He directing the fucking show with aggression, intensity and a kind of craftiness. He missed several layups, made a bunch of turnovers, but at least he was actively doing what we desperately need our point guard to do (as Kid notes)....run the team.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: December 12, 2019, 06:48:03 PM »

Agreed - look no further than Yankees/Red Sox rivalry which doesn't just draw their fans but lots of "baseball" fans. As a Mets fan, I hate the Yankees but used to watch that rivalry.

Yankees-Dodgers World Series would break the bank and be great for baseball.

Yanks had the team this year.  Still cant believe they faltered.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: December 12, 2019, 08:34:20 PM »

Shumpert available.  Need a practice scrapper.  Second teamer behind Barrett.
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1844