Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964191 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
THIS JUST IN
« Reply #14595 on: November 21, 2020, 01:40:13 PM »

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent Gordon Hayward is signing a 4-year, $120M deal with Charlotte, per source. – via Twitter wojespn

chipstern

• View Profile
Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #14596 on: November 21, 2020, 01:45:12 PM »

Knicks have interest in Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Brad Turner: Sources: The New York Knicks have interest in free agent guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Lakers also have interest. For KCP, he wants the right deal at the right price. – via Twitter BA_Turner

Showed a TON in the Finals. 

What of RJ, though?

And things would start to get crowded at the 3-spot and the 2-spot. 

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but is it really tenable with RJ, Kevin, Brazdeikis, Bullock and Quickley vying for minutes at the 3 & 2 spots.   

Says here that Lakers find a way to make things work, though they DID just get Scroeder. 

We shall see. 

Hey, how about them Hornets?

Adding both Hayward AND Ball. 

Gordon now the bell cow at $30 million a year.

Still prepared to be upset, Facil? 

So

Hayward at SF-PF, but 90% SF, with Miles Bridges and PJ Washington in the mix as SF-PFs, with Zeller and Duke's Vernon Carey at center, and with Jalen McDaniels at PF.

Backcourt Rotation? 

Ball, Rozier, Graham, Monk. 

Michael Jordan appears to have had a run of luck and a dose of smarts. 

My son in law will be happy as a Charlotte native. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 01:57:21 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Would you rather
« Reply #14597 on: November 21, 2020, 01:51:17 PM »

TyH/Avidja or FVV/Hayward?

I'm not following ...
How could we get both FVV and Haywire?

How could we have both TyH and Avidja?

We had one high draft pick and we used it on a guy that didn't really have a comparable in Free Agency.

But you could go after FVV intstead of draft TyH or persue Gordo instead of draft Avidja.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #14598 on: November 21, 2020, 01:52:09 PM »

FVF back with the Tampa Raps. 4 for 85 or something like that.

As prepared as I was, it turns out I’m not at all disgusted that we won’t be paying 30 mil a year for GH.

Next...

We HAVE to spend 10-15 mil more to hit the salary floor, don’t we?

Got 3 new future second round picks to use in salary absorbing trades...

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
MINIMUM SALARY FLOOR
« Reply #14599 on: November 21, 2020, 02:12:25 PM »

FVF back with the Tampa Raps. 4 for 85 or something like that.

As prepared as I was, it turns out I’m not at all disgusted that we won’t be paying 30 mil a year for GH.

Next...

We HAVE to spend 10-15 mil more to hit the salary floor, don’t we?

Got 3 new future second round picks to use in salary absorbing trades...

FACIL, you are a genius. 

I had not at ALL considred the capologist ramifications, but that is the guy we brought on from Cleveland with Perrin, Aller was it? 

All of a sudden, the one year deals for Ed and Alec make more sense. 

$98.226 million was the 2019-2020 base minimum. 

Let's see...

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york_knicks/

Counting the $1 million Payton, Gibson and Ellington are due, and the 6.4 we stretch on Noah for the next two years. 

That is $60,397,000

Plus 11 for Davis and Burke, that brings us to $71. 

Rookie scale for the #8 is $4.4, and for #25 is $1.75. 

Do not believe we are allowed to pay them more for their first seasons, so....like $6.25.

Which brings us up to 77-78. 

So where does that leave us with cap space?  Like $23 million?  And we cannot just sit on that? 

Need to spend another $14 million to reach 91 million. 

Would KCP accept 14 million from the Knicks, with their log jam at the 2 & 3 [a log jam DA would've added to].

Hmmm, interesting. 

If so, we might be seeing RJ playing not only the 2 and the 3, but some 1 as well. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Flex Going Forward
« Reply #14600 on: November 21, 2020, 02:32:02 PM »

Suddenly, starting to make a bit more sense.

Leon Rose's significant hires/additions to the front office, including a one year deal for Scott Perry and the addition of World Wide Wes....

Brock Aller was hired as vice president of basketball and strategic planning, Walt Perrin is the assistant general manager for college scouting and Frank Zanin the assistant general manager for pro scouting.

Aller spent seven seasons with the Cleveland Cavaliers, the last three as senior director of basketball operations. Perrin had been with the Utah Jazz for 19 seasons, including the final 12 as vice president of player personnel.  Zanin is a former assistant general manager for the Brooklyn Nets and had most recently worked as Oklahoma City's pro scout for three years.

If you look at Walt Perrin's track record as far as personnel moves and draft picks for the Utah Jazz, it has been pretty stellar.  So if he AND Thibs signed off on Toppin when we had a shot at DA, well, it doth give one pause. 

And again, the Jazz connection notwithstanding, $5 and $6 million might seem a touch dear for role players, but on one year deals, they will be happy, and we do not strap on any long term commitments. 

Plus, THEY KNOW THEY ARE ROLE PLAYERS.

I really wanted Portis back, and at $4 million it would've made sense, but even before the Davis trade, he would be behind Mitchell at center, and well behind Randle and Toppin at the 4, and one has to believe that was an issue for him last year. 

Portis will still be behind Lopez and Giannis on the Bucks, but his three point range fits with Lopez's at the 5, and that is not yet an area of consistency for the Greek, although it is sure coming on.  Oh, and Robin Lopez just left the Bucks for the Wizards, so a nice pickup for the Bucks. 

Portis will be seeing at least 20-25 a night on a contender, with a chance to get a fatter contract next summer. 

Meanwhile, the Heat let Crowder walk to the Suns 3 years at 30 million, but picked up Avery Bradley.  GREAT PICKUP.  Team option second year.  Two Years at $11.56

Ah, but the Knicks could've picked him up for that money.

TRUE

But then we would've had the same log jam connundrum in front of Dennis and Frank as with Burke, Mudiay and Payton. 

The thinking seems to be to shadow them with better shooters, such as Burke and Quickley.  Also, Burke and Quckley and Barrett can all shoulder some situational minutes at the point, and then there is Jared Harper. 

There seems a certain logic in going after KCP.  He would COST, but not Hayward money.  LIkewise, we could do a 1 + 1 or a 2 + 1 a la Randle, front load more money, and give a team option for the second or third season.  If he likes the money and the flex, so both sides can get to know each other and maintain flex. 

PS: There would seem to be flex in arranging all of these numbers to bring back Taj Gibson at numbers commensurate with what the Sixers gave Dwight Howard. 

PS: COME ON KNICKS, STOP MAKING SENSE. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 02:38:17 PM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #14601 on: November 21, 2020, 02:36:17 PM »

I agree Chipwich -- Nice job by CHA:
Ball/Rozier - Graham/Monk - Hayward/Bridges - PJ Wash/McDaniels - Zeller/Biyombo
Young.  I'd fill in with a vet or two.
Could use a C upgrade.  But Zeller is useful if healthy.
And they can go small with Bridges at the 4.
Gonna need to catch some of their games.
They might be up for another move, but I like where they're at.

As for the Knix, we're not getting much done.
I don't like our team ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #14602 on: November 21, 2020, 02:38:54 PM »

Jonathan Macri
@JCMacriNBA

If ever there were an opportunity to use Julius Randle in a productive way (I.e., not as LeBron James lite - cc: Coach Fiz) it would be to send him to Charlotte for Batum and Zeller in exchange for the Hornets VERY lightly protected 2021 first.

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA

For Charlotte to add Gordon Hayward they have to:

-Work a S&T with Boston

-Trade away $7.5M in salary elsewhere

-Waive and stretch Nic Batum at about $9M a year for the next three years

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #14603 on: November 21, 2020, 02:41:54 PM »

The Bucks are signing Portis using their bi-annual exception, tweets ESPN’s Bobby Marks. That will mean a $3.6MM first-year salary with a $3.8MM option for 2021/22.

Montrezl reportedly turned down more money from LAC, so probably wouldn't have come Knickward.

Also, not sure A Very Bradley would come to Knickland for the same money he got (2/$10M) or more.  Players like to compete.

But Christian Wood was doable.

Topping = poor defender and uni-position fella.
Something of a younger svelter bouncier Randle.

And he would develop faster/better with a genuine PG running the show.
RJB and Mitch as well.

Maybe Knix have something up their sleeve or they heard KCP always wanted to play Point.
Bledsoe, Rubio, RegJax (is he uncrippled?), Rozier?  Brrr ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: THIS JUST IN
« Reply #14604 on: November 21, 2020, 02:42:52 PM »

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent Gordon Hayward is signing a 4-year, $120M deal with Charlotte, per source. – via Twitter wojespn

Well, one of us said that was possible.....

NBA Radio guys ripping Ainge a new one for not taking Turner but

a)  Danny didnt want Gordo in Indiana where he could kill the Celts come playoff time

and

b)  I really think there were aspects of Turner that Ainge did not like.

Still a chance Biyombo or Zeller is involved - coming back.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14605 on: November 21, 2020, 02:45:56 PM »

Meanwhile, the Heat let Crowder walk to the Suns 3 years at 30 million, but picked up Avery Bradley.  GREAT PICKUP.  Team option second year.  Two Years at $11.56

Ah, but the Knicks could've picked him up for that money.

TRUE

Not true

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: November 21, 2020, 02:48:05 PM »

Jonathan Macri
@JCMacriNBA
If ever there were an opportunity to use Julius Randle in a productive way (I.e., not as LeBron James lite - cc: Coach Fiz) it would be to send him to Charlotte for Batum and Zeller in exchange for the Hornets VERY lightly protected 2021 first.

Wait, this guy thinks CHA is going to give up their starting C and a 1st round pick fir Randle and to drop Batum's contract?
Is Randle gonna man the paint for them?
They've got two young PF's.
Better off just stretching Batum.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Boring Versus Stupid
« Reply #14607 on: November 21, 2020, 02:50:10 PM »

I agree Chipwich -- Nice job by CHA:
Ball/Rozier - Graham/Monk - Hayward/Bridges - PJ Wash/McDaniels - Zeller/Biyombo
Young.  I'd fill in with a vet or two.
Could use a C upgrade.  But Zeller is useful if healthy.
And they can go small with Bridges at the 4.
Gonna need to catch some of their games.
They might be up for another move, but I like where they're at.

As for the Knix, we're not getting much done.
I don't like our team ...

A) I disagree

B) We disagree on Toppin and Quickley

C) Not aggressive enough?  No Jerome James five year contracts.  No super duper free agents reaches?

D) Not getting a lot done?  Seriously?  I am, again, THRILLED, that we are not swinging for the fucking fences, but getting a walk, sacrifice bunt, steal third, score on a sac fly. 

Look.  Our past Knicks would've gone for the big move.  Give no thought for tomorrow as a prophet once suggested to his followers. 

Chris Paul clearly could've been here, if THAT WAS HIS CHOICE.   But clearly he thought the team situation in Phoenix, his connection to Monty Williams, and proximity to his family in LA was more important. 

K?

Are you upset because we didn't trade Randle and Dennis/Knox for Westbrook?

Or given Gordon Haywatd a guaranteed 30 million a year for the next four years? 

Asked and answered. 

So, you prefered DA to Toppin.  I get it.  A great talent. 

But Toppin and Quickley ain't shit?  Really. 

And conservative moves such as Davis [thumbs up] and Burke [thumbs down] flummox you?

Fair enough.

But again, I am quite pleased by the caution and eyes on the future this Knicks front office has displayed. 

And no, I do not look at the bargain prices for Portis or Bradley or realative prices for a Wood or Montrell and go, that could've been US.  WOULD WE HAVE GOTTEN THOSE PRICES? 

In any event, it's Saturday and the worst you can say is BORING? 

As opposed to MANIFESTLY FUCKING STUPID?

I'll take it. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: November 21, 2020, 02:50:14 PM »

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

The Hornets will waive Nic Batum to create cap space to sign Gordon Hayward, reports

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14609 on: November 21, 2020, 02:53:46 PM »

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but is it really tenable with RJ, Kevin, Brazdeikis, Bullock and Quickley vying for minutes at the 3 & 2 spots.   

Volume of players doesnt equal a logjam

KCP gets the bulk (starts) at the 2, RJ at the 3.

Quickley bides his time and competes with Frank.
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1851