Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145308 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Egg Fool Jung
« Reply #15780 on: December 26, 2020, 06:41:27 PM »

The Knix have $18.5M cap space.  Some combo of that plus vet salaries could facilitate a Harden to Celts deal and get Kemba for NYK.
Randle & Franc and $10M cap space matches Kemba's salary.
Plus Celts can dip into their trade exception if needed.
Uh, how hobbled is Kemba?

Say Randle, Franc and Smart and a pick to HOU
Kemba and a BOS Williams to NYK
Harden to BOS

BOS would have Teague - Harden - Jaylen - Tatum - Tristan
Celts aren't terribly deep.  A 3-for-1 deal would really thin them out.
(maybe they could get Franc)

Anyway the money works pretty closely.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y72yxjha

For the Knix, give up Randle and Franc for Kemba and Robert Williams (I'd probably prefer Grant, but Celts already have 2 C's).  Knix get starting quality PG and a big bouncy yute.  Opens minutes for ObiT and Knox.  Kemba organizes our team when his knee cooperates -- Knix have Elf and Quickly to fill in.  What's not to like?

34-36-37 million through 2023 for a PG with a gimpy, very questionable knee. Maybe we can get get them to throw in Antonio McDyess and Jonathan Bender. 

Have you lost your fucking mind?  BoD puts the Foo in Egg Fool Jung. 

You hate Randle, who only happens to be our best player. 

Oh yes, the genius of your calculation is how we open up playing time for Obi and Knox, while presumably closing down playing time for Quickley in favor of a graybearss eating up way more cap soace over the next three years.  But not to worry, because Kemba will be on IR most of the time. 

What's Not To Like? 

WHEN HIS KNEE COOPERATES. 

PS: I thought Obi was a draft bust on the basis of one game and strained calf?  DUH.   

PPS: But hey, Bo ain't done.  MAYBE WE COULD START TOSSING IN SOME OF OUR #1 picks.

PPPS: Bottom line.  Why should be gut our team and expend assets to help Boston?  Nevermind that Harden ain't a Celtic.  The assets don't get it done, and genius that Bo is, forgive my lack of insights, but I seem to recall Danny Ainge living off the remains of washed up or damaged/aged goods he ponies off on willing suckers in exchange for genuine value or talent or cap space or draft picks.  Such as, oh, I don't know, the earthly remains of Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce; Isiah Thomas; Gordon Hayward....while Bo, like most Knicks GMs, specialize in paying dearly to obtain shiny objects.  Or getting rid of "flawed defensive players" who do not fit the BoD archetype. yet go on to lead exceptionally productive offensive careers such as irreedmable Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph, and presumably Julius Randle, a "turnover machine" who notched 8 assists against the Pacers, and whose absence due to foul trouble, triggered the Pacers separating themselves from the Knicks after three competitive quarters. 

PPPPS: Oh, and Thibs is the kind of coach you hire after you have stablished a culture, though now, alas, he is a old school retread where the modern game has passed him by. 

DID I MISS ANYTHING BO. 

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS: Why the fuck would the Nets, the Heat, the Trailblazers or the Celtics, gut their teams to get James Harden?  Seriously?  And the Knicks should mortgage their future to help the Celtics?  LORD HAVE MERCY.   
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 06:55:32 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15781 on: December 26, 2020, 07:36:39 PM »

Why the fuck would the Nets, the Heat, the Trailblazers or the Celtics, gut their teams to get James Harden? 

James Harden isnt going anywhere that doesnt make his new team better
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Suggs
« Reply #15782 on: December 26, 2020, 07:43:18 PM »

8 pts
7 rebs
6 assists
4 steals

Stuffing the statsheet even when not really the focus of the offense. 
Played very good defense and initiated the offense.
He's an unselfish player content to watch two teammates Timme and Kispert set career highs.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15783 on: December 26, 2020, 09:49:46 PM »

Plays within the framework of the team, surely

One jumper I saw was BUTTER.

Listed in one spot as a WING.

Cunningham and the foreign kid (edit:  Kuminga), surely - and I also like Kentucky's Clarke - but not shitting on Suggs at all

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:55:48 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15784 on: December 26, 2020, 11:16:05 PM »

Our Defense is ahead of our offense, way ahead.

Randle is finding his way in a new role. I think Thibs can coach him and that we might want him to stick around.

Burks is the cheese.

Our wing play over all is not bad. Decent showing from Knox.

Two big problems are that the PGs listed as PGs are playing like hot garbage and we need another big man who is actually big.

Tomorrow should be just as rough.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #15785 on: December 26, 2020, 11:32:31 PM »

RJ should have a bounce back game.

We gotta figure out our 3rd quarters.

Thibs make some adjustments?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Julius
« Reply #15786 on: December 26, 2020, 11:39:02 PM »

Randle looks like a better player.  Definitely more than salary trade ballast for Buddy Heild.

chipstern

• View Profile
Coroner's Report
« Reply #15787 on: December 26, 2020, 11:55:49 PM »

Our Defense is ahead of our offense, way ahead.

Randle is finding his way in a new role. I think Thibs can coach him and that we might want him to stick around.

Burks is the cheese.

Our wing play over all is not bad. Decent showing from Knox.

Two big problems are that the PGs listed as PGs are playing like hot garbage and we need another big man who is actually big.

Tomorrow should be just as rough.

Well, it would appear as if the Elfrid Payon Experiment [ZERO in 18 minutes on 0-6, 0-3, 0-0, with 3 boards and one assist] IS OVER.   ZERO TEMPO, Leadership And Defense for a desultory -15--but even THAT doesn't begin to tell the whole story. 

Dennis in his 18 minutes was not inspirational, and clearly does not have Thibs confidence, but looked like John Stockton next to Payton, with 1-5, 2-2 FTs, and 2 boards, 2 assists and a steal for a +1, not that he moved the needle.  And Frank?  Sigh.  Talk about not inspiring confidence.  Only got floor time for one brick in two minutes when Thibs had thrown in the towel. 

While we are patiently waiting on Rivers and Quickley, and YES, let us be ver patient with our puppy--no sense in rushing IQ out there....and while he clearly has the goods, that is one hell of a lot of pressure to put on a kid...but really, what other options are there?  Besides James Haden. 

Why not throw Jared Harper into the deep end of the pool and see if he can compete against men?   

Yeah Yeah, I know, I know, but why the hell not while we are waiting on Immanuel and Austin ANYWAY.  Not like we stand much of a chance against the Bucks.  Otherwise, we should be starting Burks in the back court with RJ...I mean, Elfrid is a farce. 

Meanwhile what is this fascination with Theo Pinson, particularly on a team desperate for shooters? 

Defense was not bad, not bad at all, but our offensive stupor was numbing.  Randle and Burks were 17-28, and 6-8 from trey.  Knicks as a team were 15-55 and 2-21.  So yes, Facil, the offense does indeed seem to be lagging behind the D. 

PS: Some crow sashimi with props to BoD on Toppin.  The calf injury will be re-evaluated in 7-10 days and YES, there is a thin line between cautious and concerning.  Though I think it might be a tad early to ring the PANIC BELL, we blew our draft choice.  Oh and in going back through the way back machine to the Mills Error, a question Bo raised bears repeating....or was it Kam.  WHY DID WE NEVER MAKE A RUN AT Malcolm Brogdon when we were signing Taj Gibson and Wayne Ellington and Elfrid Payton?  Just asking?  [Well, he was an RFA, was he not, and didn't Indy get him in a S & T, so there's that...still]. 

PPS: I think it might be time to give Julius Randle his props.  OH, HE GETS TURNOVERS.  Fuck You.  He gets TOs when he is forced to do too much and if the only player on the court who needs to be guarded, outside of  Burke, or RJ when he is not having a nightmarish shooting night.  I would ask for a moratorium on moronic trade fantasies involving Julius, but, well, boys will be boys. 

PPPS: Is it worth noting that we passed on both Jeff Teague and Jrue Holiday in 2009 to pick fucking Jordan Hill, who played all of 24 games for us before being uncermemoniously dumped back in the day to Houston, not to mention passing on Rajon Rondo and Kyle Lowry in 2006 to select the Tasmanian Dweebil, Renanldo Balkman, back in the day.  WHAT THE FUCK IS IT WITH THE KNICKS AND POINT GUARDS?  Lowry, Rondo, Teague and Holiday ARE STILL IN THE LEAGUE, while Hill and Balkman are LONG GONE. We finally seem to have gotten lucky, dumb lucky, with IQ, so come on Thibs, Payton ain't earned SHIT.   
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 12:20:47 AM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15788 on: December 27, 2020, 12:36:05 AM »

This team won’t be good till it gets it’s drummer back. That’s for sure.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #15789 on: December 27, 2020, 01:09:26 AM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15790 on: December 27, 2020, 01:28:04 AM »

Knix should be looking at everything.  Knix need a PG, and have the cap space.  A healthy Kemba is better and more useful than Randle.
NYK can wait a month or more to see where Kemba is at by then.

But I don't think Ainge wants Harden anyway, so I didn't invest much time looking into this deal or Kemba's knee issue.  It's the kind of thing the Knick front office has to think about and monitor. It might be the rare 3-way trade that no team is willing to do.

If Kemba is reasonably healthy, I'd be interested.  If not, then no.  Pretty simple.  Or get compensated for taking on a talented semi-gimp.  We could even afford to wait a whole year on Kemba.  Maybe Knix could get Grant Williams and a pick for facilitating Harden to HOU.  Grant Williams a heady player, somewhat like Topping without the bounce but with extra savvy.

Getting Kemba wouldn't harm Quickly at all.  When Kemba plays, Elf would mostly sit.  Quickly is a rook transitioning to PG.  What can he handle, maybe 15-18 mins a night?  It'd still be there.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 01:51:53 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
PG
« Reply #15791 on: December 27, 2020, 01:36:42 AM »

Like FWK says on knicksmecca, how about giving Franc a chance?

I miss Mike Miller.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #15792 on: December 27, 2020, 02:02:07 AM »

I would wait and see with Frank.  Let him show something in practice first?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 02:06:13 AM by Kam »

chipstern

• View Profile
A healthy Kemba is better and more useful than Randle....
« Reply #15793 on: December 27, 2020, 02:39:03 AM »

Randle is presently OUR BEST PLAYER. 

But Bo has spoken. 

Exile him to the Island Of Lost Zach Randolphs and tell Tchaikovsky the news, just in case LesterDawg ain't to home. 

But, by all means, let's get rid of Randle.  And Burke too while we're at it, just to make damn sure our PG has NO ONE TO PASS TO. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: PG
« Reply #15794 on: December 27, 2020, 02:41:19 AM »

Like FWK says on knicksmecca, how about giving Franc a chance?

I miss Mike Miller.

You have my condolences. 
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 1861