Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1198 1199 [1200] 1201 1202 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914837 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17985 on: April 03, 2021, 06:43:53 PM »

I'm not convinced you've ever seen Bogdanovic play, but his D is solid, he passes and can create and has a deadly shot.  A better more versatile and reliable player than Tim Jr.

My bad - should have been more clear -

this is what I was commenting on.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Long Long Dicks, Short Short Memories
« Reply #17986 on: April 03, 2021, 08:14:35 PM »

In the meantime, Thibs is Thibs, and that means that Obi and Knox, let alone Ntilikina and Harper, see little to no daylight.  He is committed to the playoffs, God Bless, and that means VETERANS, which means Rose, Bullock and Burks, it DID MEAN Payton, but the bloom seems to have gone off that rose.  Veterans, which was the crux, I believe, of BoD's enthusiasm for Kenny Atkinson, in that he was more of a player development coach.  While Thibs is more of a vet's coach, and his genius for defense and transforming the culture, he DOES tend to lean on his vets, to pile minutes on those players who have earned his trust, to keep his puppies on a very short leash.  As far as player development, it is not fair to take everything away from Thibs: Randle and Barrett, Mitchell and Noels, Burks and Quickley have all made strides under the tutelage of Thibs and Bryant and Payne. 

BoZ's enthusiasm for Kenny Atkinson, and mine for keeping Mike Miller.

Just sayin... 😉
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 08:17:43 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17987 on: April 03, 2021, 09:40:02 PM »

And PG...in case no one has noticed, Elfrid appears to have lost Thibs' confidence.  On one hand, he displays some offensive cunning in getting to the rack off the dribble, but his contributions as a rudder, a facilitator, seem more and more negiligble with each successive game.  Lasy night, our starting point guard played all of 14 minutes and had one assist.  WTF?  Rose and Quickley were a combined 3-19 in 51 minutes.  Rose had 4 assists, IQ none.   

err.......

Payton delivered 17 points (6-12 FG, 1-1 3Pt, 4-5 FT), five rebounds, four assists and two steals across 28 minutes in Wednesday's loss against the Timberwolves.

11-9-6 tonight

You're all fucking idiots
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 09:42:17 PM by kidcarter8 »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17988 on: April 03, 2021, 10:17:21 PM »

Perhaps, perhaps not....

But only you are the time-tested, board certified:

stupidest fuck who ever lived

Carry on!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chip, this for your info
« Reply #17989 on: April 03, 2021, 10:36:47 PM »

err.......

You're all fucking idiots

Since you have him on ignore, I just thought this jewel was deserving of your attention 😁🤣

PS. What a nice game to watch, relaxing from beginning to end, and we even saw more than 10 minutes of Obi. The new center only got 3 minutes, but wow, HE'S HUNGRY!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 10:56:54 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17990 on: April 03, 2021, 10:47:59 PM »

Pelle is a bad man. Good signing.

Everyone looks good in a 40 point roll over.

I guess we didn’t like going down to the Mavs.

Nice fucking game.

2nd or 3rd good game by Payton all year. It would be nice if he turned some kind of corner.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17991 on: April 04, 2021, 01:25:10 AM »

Hayward will be helping the Hornets as much as LaMelo will throughout April. Gotta check injury history before handing out huge contracts.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Just like KP
« Reply #17992 on: April 04, 2021, 01:31:46 AM »

Hayward will be helping the Hornets as much as LaMelo will throughout April. Gotta check injury history before handing out huge contracts.

KP not injured, but missing half the games, as a precaution to preserve his fragile legs.

That deal with Dallas was really not that bad: addition by subtraction.

Or, like the Kamster used to say: “Porzingis tosses salads in Dallas” 😜

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17993 on: April 04, 2021, 06:50:46 AM »

A case could certainly have been made not to give KZ a max contract because of his injury risk/health concerns.  But that's not what went down in Knickland, as far as I understand.  And no matter the impetus, Knix should have gotten a better return for a high-level player than the nothing we got.

I'm on the 1Q on replay:
DET looks like 5 guys who never played together before.  I've had more coherent pickup teams in the park.  Randle killing them with 3's and they never adjusted.  DET's 2nd unit comes in and seems to have heard that the Knix have trouble with zones, so they zone up like a squad that never practiced zones before.  They'd be in good shape if Knix only had 4 players out there.  But that pesky 5th Knick has proven nettlesome.  Clyde praises DET for swarming to the ball on one possession in which first they ignored Randle, then had twp guys zoom to him leaving RJB wide open.  Sometimes Clyde ball-watches too much.

Not many 1Q negatives for NYK or positives for DET.
But DET's first FG comes as Randle fails to get back in transition.  Shoot a straight on 3 and you're the one who has to get back, and it's not as if his man sprinted right to the basket.  Later another poor Knick transition D, as for some reason, Randle tells a G to cover the middle as Randle opts to defend the far corner 3,
but he doesn't notice the actual play with bulky I. Stewart steaming downcourt with Noel behind him.  Randle needed to stay in the middle and send the guard out to defend the corner 3.  Both of those transition plays, Killer Hayes made nice long passes to his lead man.  It's really the only thing he's done well in the 1st half, but those were nice push-ahead passes.  Funny how Noel clobbers Stewart as he goes up to dunk, but it was called a non-shooting foul.  Unless Knick announcers got it wrong and it was just called out of bounds without a foul.

Anywho, Knix taking vengeance out on a crummy Pistons team for last night's loss.
But with NYK on the 2nd game of a Home-Road B2B, DET should have come out with energy and attacking, not chucking lazy 3's.  Embarrassing start for DET.

After a made (Randle J) basket, Cory Joe hurries the ball upcourt.  It's a 3-on-5 push, and you can hear Thibs bellowing turn-around, turn-around in the empty arena.  Randle again disinterested, and Cory Joe appears to have a direct lane to the hoop, until ELF fouls him from the side.  3-on-5 after a made basket.  smh
Knick transition D has been cringe-worthy all-season.  Lots of poor awareness and recognition in transition.  Rose has been about the best at getting back and making plays. 

So Knix beating the snot out of DET all 1Q, on an H-R B2B, and Thibs plays Randle the entire quarter?   Hmm
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 07:18:41 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Randle plays horse
« Reply #17994 on: April 04, 2021, 07:27:37 AM »

As far as I can tell, DET never got closer than 17 after the Knix went up 21-3.
So why did Randle play 30 mins on the tail end of a blowout B2B?
Baffling.  Julius didn't need to play more than 20 mins.
Could have ended his night after he scored 20 in the 1Q.
Thibs a bit of a maniac at times.

Bizarrely the Knix 44 victory was just the 3rd biggest blowout of the night.
UTA won by 46; POR by 48.
I seem to recall a bunch of blowouts yesterday or the day before as well.  Perhaps some teams rolling over and going for development and the lottery at this stage.  Only 1/3 of the season left.

In other blowouts:
Don Mitchell 21 mins: Gobert 20; no Utah starter more than 24.
Lillard 25 mins, but wasn't til the 3Q where they ripped a huge lead (max was 19 point 1st half lead).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:09:22 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17995 on: April 04, 2021, 11:27:11 AM »

Would we take Porzingis now, at his current contract?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17996 on: April 04, 2021, 11:31:50 AM »

Did we sign Randle with KP's money?
Who is better?

zupzup2

• View Profile
« Reply #17997 on: April 04, 2021, 03:00:45 PM »

For me it is super easy: Randle is much more valuable to this team than KP. This is true both in terms of actual numbers and deliverables (other than blocked shots of course, but we have a couple of good bodies there as well it seems), but more importantly in terms of leadership and attitude. KP will never be more than a glorified long range shooter, and a fragile one it would appear. This is a VERY rare case where Phil was on to something.

chipstern

• View Profile
Dumbest White Man West Of The Pecos
« Reply #17998 on: April 04, 2021, 03:27:58 PM »

Perhaps, perhaps not....

But only you are the time-tested, board certified:

stupidest fuck who ever lived

Carry on!

Am I to deduce from Dawg and Carlos that our Fox News contributing editor has been casting aspersions in my general direction or simply soiling the carpet. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/us/politics/trump-donations.html?smid=fb-share&fbclid=IwAR3mQe6jBOiUJD1KerWl9En0ANykYmLWygOlofrryskY5IypcuDksbIjooc

Probably upset at all of the money The Grifter In Chief purloined from his bank account.

Stacy Blatt was in hospice care last September listening to Rush Limbaugh’s dire warnings about how badly Donald J. Trump’s campaign needed money when he went online and chipped in everything he could: $500.

It was a big sum for a 63-year-old battling cancer and living in Kansas City on less than $1,000 per month. But that single contribution — federal records show it was his first ever — quickly multiplied. Another $500 was withdrawn the next day, then $500 the next week and every week through mid-October, without his knowledge — until Mr. Blatt’s bank account had been depleted and frozen. When his utility and rent payments bounced, he called his brother, Russell, for help.

What the Blatts soon discovered was $3,000 in withdrawals by the Trump campaign in less than 30 days. They called their bank and said they thought they were victims of fraud.

“It felt,” Russell said, “like it was a scam.”

But what the Blatts believed was duplicity was actually an intentional scheme to boost revenues by the Trump campaign and the for-profit company that processed its online donations, WinRed. Facing a cash crunch and getting badly outspent by the Democrats, the campaign had begun last September to set up recurring donations by default for online donors, for every week until the election.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 04:54:54 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Thibs
« Reply #17999 on: April 04, 2021, 03:57:53 PM »

As per BoD and Thibs' minutes patterns regarding Julius, perhaps Coach is obsessive, or perhaps he simply has muscle memory of big leads evaporating. 

Julius had a crappy shooting night against the Mavs, and the Nyets beckon, so Coach wanted to put the Pistons away. 

Burks missed both of his shots and only played 16 minutes, but had 4 assists.  IQ had 12 points and 3 assists. 

Peyton had 9 assists, after a desultory effort against the Mavs, even hit a trey and an angel got its wings. 

I thought Obi and Knox looked good and fired up in their cameos, and clearly all that stuff about practicing hard ain't BS.  Both deserve more minutes.  We shall see. 

NORVEL
PELLE

Now THAT was one of the coolest Knicks debuts in terms of setting a tone

My underdawg, our diminutive PG in waiting Jared Harper, hoists him a lob for the alley oop, and he dislocated his finger on the rim.  With a smile on his face they pop in back into place, he drains one of two FTs, and on the other end, blocks not one but TWO shots at close range by tough Detroit rook Isaiah Stewart. 

A rim protector.  Nice pickup.  Not as sexy as Drummond or Cousins, but hey. 

PS: If you watch the replay, Toppin's reaction behind the baseline on the second block is preiceless. 

Bulls beating the Nets.

Hope springs eternal. 
Pages: 1 ... 1198 1199 [1200] 1201 1202 ... 1848