Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914900 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18300 on: April 21, 2021, 08:23:55 AM »

Pretty sure I projected on this board - along with taking the over on the laughable 22 win total Vegas had laid out for us (Bankshot had the under) - that NYK would run off a nice win streak of 5, 6, 7+ games at some point.

This HAS been a strange season, with all the games missed by key personnel (and Knicks seeming to be one of the lease affected teams).  But happy to take the easy cash.

Now.....

where do we want to sit for playoff rounds?

Vs Milwaukee - 7 games?

7 seed, where we'd get some warmup action before facing Brooklyn?

Or do we want the 4-5 so the chances of a conference semifinals is greater?

Give me B or C.  Stay away from Bucks.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Chill Dawg
« Reply #18301 on: April 21, 2021, 09:46:46 AM »

One toke over the line, dude. 

Absolutely.

If you can make an argument or an observation that he's using the term "entitlement" to deal just with black athletes, then make the point.

Otherwise, this is drive-by bullshit.

drive-by bullshit, lmao, PLANTATION MASTER BO has a long history, a decade of observation and example, more codewords and dogwhistles than Lee Atwater in his prime...but no worries, Kyrie and Zion sure don't need my help!!!

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401307676
* and if you feel more comfortable with just "butt stupid," that's ok too
*** and just be really, really happy Derek Chauvin was convicted cause otherwise, his inevitable "advice" on how black NBA players should comport themselves in the aftermath of such events would have been truly excruciating

Go Knicks!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 09:56:51 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18302 on: April 21, 2021, 10:41:32 AM »

Pretty sure I projected on this board - along with taking the over on the laughable 22 win total Vegas had laid out for us (Bankshot had the under) - that NYK would run off a nice win streak of 5, 6, 7+ games at some point.

I thought this was going to be a shitshow of a year for the entire NBA due to covid, playing with no preseason, playing outside of the bubble etc. And for the post-season bubble teams with no off-season to speak of, the challenged would be greater getting ready for the season and probably dealing with a lot of injuries as players changed their training routines. And that played out.

As to the knicks prediction I picked a somewhat artificial low for fun and to see if anyone would go under my #. Nope no takers, but as I recall most here had the knicks at 24-ish. IMO new coach, young team, covid challenges etc would be challenging, and a low 20 # was reasonable, but to the knicks credit, they far exceeded my low expectations and have played better than I expected. But I would also view their successes in context. But I'd enjoy it no matter what. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Two key plays
« Reply #18303 on: April 21, 2021, 03:28:18 PM »

Elfrid made a couple of boneheaded plays last night because he was too stubborn to give RJ the ball.

Reminder:  RJ was red hot at this time 4-4 from the field in the 3rd

On this play Clyde sees RJ open downcourt and Breen sounds upset that Elf didn't give him the ball opting for himself.

THE VERY NEXT PLAY RJ is practically begging for the ball and instead Elf barrels in for a charging foul.

Thibs sent Elfrid to the bench after this and I don't think he came back in the game.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #18304 on: April 21, 2021, 05:11:46 PM »

I thought this was going to be a shitshow of a year for the entire NBA due to covid, playing with no preseason, playing outside of the bubble etc. And for the post-season bubble teams with no off-season to speak of, the challenged would be greater getting ready for the season and probably dealing with a lot of injuries as players changed their training routines. And that played out.

As to the knicks prediction I picked a somewhat artificial low for fun and to see if anyone would go under my #. Nope no takers, but as I recall most here had the knicks at 24-ish. IMO new coach, young team, covid challenges etc would be challenging, and a low 20 # was reasonable, but to the knicks credit, they far exceeded my low expectations and have played better than I expected. But I would also view their successes in context. But I'd enjoy it no matter what.

And what context might that be? 

Some narrative which might explain why they are slightly ahead of Boston and Miami, and slightly behind the Hawks?  Is there some anomaly we have been overlooking? 

Injuries?  COVID?  ALL teams have been dealing with these. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Chill Dawg
« Reply #18305 on: April 21, 2021, 05:23:42 PM »

One toke over the line, dude. 

Absolutely.

If you can make an argument or an observation that he's using the term "entitlement" to deal just with black athletes, then make the point.

Otherwise, this is drive-by bullshit.

drive-by bullshit, lmao, PLANTATION MASTER BO has a long history, a decade of observation and example, more codewords and dogwhistles than Lee Atwater in his prime...but no worries, Kyrie and Zion sure don't need my help!!!

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401307676
* and if you feel more comfortable with just "butt stupid," that's ok too
*** and just be really, really happy Derek Chauvin was convicted cause otherwise, his inevitable "advice" on how black NBA players should comport themselves in the aftermath of such events would have been truly excruciating

Go Knicks!

You baffle me Dawg. 

Comparing BoD to Lee Atwater?  PLANTATION MASTER?  Bite me, dude. 

Even Kiid at his most reflexive, would not spout such transparently specious balderdash. 

I like you dude, but frankly, I'm embarassed for you. 

HERE are some free INSULT ELFRID Coupons.

Knock yourself out. 

Use them in good health, and try and show your fellow Forumites some respect.  You have a better mind, and better basketabll mind than that. 

Suggesting that the enigmatic Mister Irving has a certain sense of, oh, privilege, does not make one Bull Connors, motherfucker.  Nor does pointing out the contradictions in Kyrie's character [toggling as he does between blowing off the media, flat earth pronouncements and personal days, and a very generous nature to strangers and students and victims of police violence] take anything away from Irving's over the top skill set.

I argue with BoD all the damn time, but I have known him as long as I have known you, and your drive by piss take is unwarranted and uncalled for and butt ugly. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 05:34:03 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Meanwhile, Back On Planet Earth
« Reply #18306 on: April 21, 2021, 05:32:14 PM »

Watching Gibson at 35 and Toppin at 23?

Two very similar physical types in the 6'9" 230 range. 

Obi doesn't have it in him to be like Mike, but I see no reason why he could not evolve along the lines of a Taj Gibson PF-C. 

His much vaunted trey has been a no show, but last night, one nice defensive sequence comes to mind, and when, in an all too rare moment, Obi found himself in the box, on the low post, one on one, he backed his man in very patiently, than banked one off the backboard for an easy deuce. 

Just saying, because, coming into this season people were writing off Julius and RJ, and look what they did with hard work, and purposeful, disciplined coaching...being challenged, and challenging themselves to raise their game to a higher standard. 

Okay, just a small detail in the greater web of our burgeoning transformation into a playoffs contender, but us curious and satisfying to this long suffering fan, to see Obi, Kevin and Frank get a flash of daylight, and do something positiive, and stay positive and focused on the pine. 

NEXT MAN UP. 

For real. 

chipstern

• View Profile
The Better Angels Of His Nature
« Reply #18307 on: April 21, 2021, 05:46:31 PM »

To WIT

Michael Scotto: Kyrie Irving on Derek Chauvin: “We have a long way to go as a country. We have some progress being made in terms of conversations being had and justice being served, but we just still have a long way to go. It’s a great time to reflect and see how far we’ve come in the last year” – via Twitter MikeAScotto

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18308 on: April 21, 2021, 05:51:54 PM »

And what context might that be? 

Some narrative which might explain why they are slightly ahead of Boston and Miami, and slightly behind the Hawks?  Is there some anomaly we have been overlooking? 

Injuries?  COVID?  ALL teams have been dealing with these.
Chip-I listed the factors which might explain and give some context to the NBA this year.

covid
no pre-season
shortened off-season, particularly for bubble teams,
change in training habits which might lead to injuries

without doing a team by team tally several of last year's post-season teams have had disappointing years to varying degrees.

IMO covid has leveled the court to some degree.

covid induced parity, that's the context.

The NBA is one big zero sum game, if a bunch of teams under perform expectations, a bunch will likely over perform.

chipstern

• View Profile
No Sale
« Reply #18309 on: April 21, 2021, 06:42:22 PM »

I feel you Bank, but seems like the anomalies of this season affected everyone equally. 

Covid suspensions.  Injuries without a summer off, months long training camps and preseasons.  If anything, the Knicks started even farther behind he 8-Ball, with no bubble, no post-season, very limited pre-season prep. 

Knicks have had their share of injuries and Covid afflictions and protocols: Robinson, Rose, Burks. 

Celtics: Smart, Walker....Tatum had Covid, right? 

Heat: I forget, but Herro came down to Earth. 

Hawks: Tonight, Gallo, Snell, Reddish, Hunter and Dunn are out. 

My friend seems to think that makes it a gimme for the Knicks.  I BEG TO DIFFER.  Trae, Capella, Bogdonavich are hitting on all cylinders. 

This is THE MOST IMPACTFUL game of our season. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18310 on: April 21, 2021, 06:42:41 PM »

Reggie Bullock’s first 31 games:
41% on 7.5 FGA, 38% on 4.5 3PA

Reggie Bullock’s last 21 games:
46% on 9.4 FGA, 42% on 7.6 3PA
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: No Sale
« Reply #18311 on: April 21, 2021, 07:17:52 PM »

I feel you Bank, but seems like the anomalies of this season affected everyone equally. 

Covid suspensions.  Injuries without a summer off, months long training camps and preseasons.  If anything, the Knicks started even farther behind he 8-Ball, with no bubble, no post-season, very limited pre-season prep. 

Knicks have had their share of injuries and Covid afflictions and protocols: Robinson, Rose, Burks. 

Celtics: Smart, Walker....Tatum had Covid, right? 

Heat: I forget, but Herro came down to Earth. 

Hawks: Tonight, Gallo, Snell, Reddish, Hunter and Dunn are out. 

My friend seems to think that makes it a gimme for the Knicks.  I BEG TO DIFFER.  Trae, Capella, Bogdonavich are hitting on all cylinders. 

This is THE MOST IMPACTFUL game of our season.

The factors affected everyone, but I'm not sure it impacted teams equally, for example some teams played bubble ball until September and October, while other team seasons were over in July. So some players had to get ready for '20-21 in 2 months, while other players had twice as long to recover/prepare.

Taking a look at the pre-season predictions and comparing them to current results in the East 5 of the highest win totals prediction teams appear to be on their way to winning 27 fewer games than predicted.

I don't think its surprising that of the last 4 teams out of the bubble from last year, 3 of the 4 have underperformed predictions.

Celts   (45.5 projected wins) using current win % projected to win 38 games or 7.5 less than expected
Heat   (44.5)                     using current win % projected to win 37 games or 7.5 less than expected
Lakers (46.5)                     using current win % projected to win 43 games or 3 less than expected
Nuggets (44.5)                  using current win % projected to win 46.5 games or 2 more than expected

here's the link if you want to check.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/win-totals/

The Knicks (.542 winning %) appear to be on track to win about 16.5 more games than the original 22.5 projection.

Taking nothing away from the knicks, but there is a connection and correaltion to the higher prediction teams under performing by an estimated 27 games and their exceeding expectations by an estimated 16-17 games.

As to the Celts, I posted something pre-season and re-posted here a couple of months ago, that the Celts would use the first 20+ games to play recent draftees and see what Teague and TT could do in Kemba's and others absence. Basically treat the first 2 months as a pre-season to see who could play in the post-season and contribute.

It seemed pretty clear that Brad was going to have to deal with new rotations. Unfortunately for the Celts, my 20+ game preseason turned into almost 60, as they can't keep guys on the court. And they still can't they had 4 rotation guys miss their last game (Kemba, Smart, TL, Fournier). There has been no continuity. Biggest issue is Kemba. I still hope they will get a rotation healthy enough to have a half-decent post-season run.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 07:21:39 PM by bankshot1 »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Puerto Rico
« Reply #18312 on: April 21, 2021, 09:37:46 PM »

It’s nice to be a game and a half up on Miami at this point, very nice. Tonight was the night we hit my number. It’s all gravy from here on out as far as I’m concerned.

If PR would rather, they can declare independence. The current state of affairs is definitely working against the island. Fully in or fully out would each be a better basis for the relationship.

Fac, you may be right, I don’t know. My point is that they, not you or me or even Chamaco, should decide for themselves. As far as I know, they’ve been asked a couple of times and decided to remain an Estado Libre Asociado, maybe the no-federal-taxes status is a powerful incentive.

PS. KP tosses salads in Dallas. Go Kamster!!!

They did decide for themselves just last year.

http://ballotpedia.org/Puerto_Rico_Statehood_Referendum_(2020)

Statehood it is once the crackers get out of the way.

Go Kamster indeed!

I stand corrected. Didn't know about this last referendum. The two prior ones went the other way, so I thought that was that.

By all means, statehood for PR now that they want it!

It's gonna be hard for the crackers, a bunch of dark people in, and on top of it, Hispanic!

Whaddayasay Chamaco? He ain't answering.  😁
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 09:43:24 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18313 on: April 21, 2021, 10:25:37 PM »

Hawks are tough...

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18314 on: April 21, 2021, 10:30:08 PM »

I dont even think this MVP race is close.
Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 1848