Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1063216 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18810 on: May 16, 2021, 08:34:27 PM »

Good to see PAYTON PRITCHARD out of the corner for an afternoon.

I absolutely feel Celtics can win one game this playoff season
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18811 on: May 16, 2021, 09:29:20 PM »

Once again Knicks horrible offensively down the stretch, with no Payton

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18812 on: May 16, 2021, 09:50:27 PM »

lol, you are kidding right? Payton is completely unplayable. Broken. At one point — right before he got yanked in the third, he was facing out toward the fans behind the basket, head down, while the play was going on, not even looking at the other four Knicks on the court who were attempting to play offense without him. While still in the game he was doing nothing but getting swatted, refusing to take four footers, coughing up the ball, getting destroyed on defense, and getting yelled at by his teammates—who despite what Chip valiantly maintains, seem pretty damn sick of him.

Thibs has got one week to get him right...er, as right as he can be, or his first five minutes of playoff (in) action will be his last for the duration.

Anyway, none of the above should sully

The Joy of This Day

*** the game, completely predictable trap type, feisty fired up Celtic third stringers, Knicks just wanting to get on with it, and they did

*** I wasn't even gonna pop on Elf — I feel sorry for him as a human being, rarely having seen anything so sad and pathetic on a pro court — but then you had to go and open up your rancid maw
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 09:58:27 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco's trap
« Reply #18813 on: May 16, 2021, 10:08:11 PM »

*** I wasn't even gonna pop on Elf — I feel sorry for him as a human being, rarely having seen anything so sad and pathetic on a pro court — but then you had to go and open up your rancid maw

Les, my dear doggie, Chamaco was just looking for a response, ANY RESPONSE. He just feels lonely 😩

Like with this jewel...
I absolutely feel Celtics can win one game this playoff season

...He's only trying to elicit a response from Bank.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 10:11:56 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18814 on: May 16, 2021, 10:49:33 PM »

Sounding VERY much like the Pelicans will keep Lonzo Ball.  David Griffin stating that the jury is still out on Kira Lewis Jr.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Elfrid
« Reply #18815 on: May 16, 2021, 11:47:57 PM »

Having stood up for Elfrid...

I must say that his futility is epic.

This possession is just damning evidence that he is hurting the team.

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1394080669337325569
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #18816 on: May 17, 2021, 12:09:24 AM »

Magic is what we do, hoops is how we do it….or something like that
& Thibs  is nothing short of a magician…
It was a season to behold, like nothing seen in 20 some years
Julius Randall was sublime, a wonder, a feast for the long suffering
It was a day to exhale & enjoy…
selah

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18817 on: May 17, 2021, 12:31:18 AM »

Boston will have a tough matchup in Indiana if they don’t get by the Wiz.

With tie breakers rolling our way, we could potentially have the 19th, 21st, and 32nd picks in this draft. OTOH, It could be 20, 22 or 23, & 32 which still wouldn’t be bad.

We got to home court barely hitting the salary floor in a talent driven league.

Guys either had to hit .400 from 3 or .600 from the field to make major postseason rotation minutes.

Randle, RJ, Reggie, Alec, Rose, Taj, & Noel all qualify and make up the 7 man core. IQ, Obi, Frank, and Pelle are situational.

It’s a shame Mitch, Luca, and Elfrid won’t be able to help us this post season, but we still have enough on hand to take down the Hawks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Nervous Breakdown
« Reply #18818 on: May 17, 2021, 07:18:00 AM »

lol, you are kidding right? Payton is completely unplayable. Broken. At one point — right before he got yanked in the third, he was facing out toward the fans behind the basket, head down, while the play was going on, not even looking at the other four Knicks on the court who were attempting to play offense without him. While still in the game he was doing nothing but getting swatted, refusing to take four footers, coughing up the ball, getting destroyed on defense, and getting yelled at by his teammates—who despite what Chip valiantly maintains, seem pretty damn sick of him.

Thibs has got one week to get him right...er, as right as he can be, or his first five minutes of playoff (in) action will be his last for the duration.

Anyway, none of the above should sully

The Joy of This Day

*** the game, completely predictable trap type, feisty fired up Celtic third stringers, Knicks just wanting to get on with it, and they did

Playing Point Guard In NYC Is NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. 

Followers of my ruminations will recall I am likewise supportive of many underDawgs, and given the fuitility of this franchise for the past 20 years, since Larry Johnson conclusively said OUCH and could not longer remain ambulatory, and JVG meekly bailed....well now.... 

So if TO BE A KNICK FAN IS TO SUFFER, what of a KNICK POINT GUARD. 

Watching Dennis Smith immediately post-trade, watching A healthy Elfrid Payton the first half of this season, while acknowledging their shortcomings, they had a positive impact on the team, and one could envision them being solid contributors. 

Then, through injuries and what have you, to witness the regressive eating away of their confidence, TO EXPERIENCE THEIR VERY PUBLIC NERVOUS BREAKDOWN, was especially painful, as they clearly withered from the public scutiny and general disdain. 

I would still be suprised if Thibs totally bails on Elfrid. Even on the evidence of the past several weeks, and the past several quarters.  Clearly Elfrid's confidence is shot. 

Why?

Loyalty, misplaced or otherwise. 

Our paucity of point guards. 

Other than Derrek Rose, Jared "The Subway Jared Has More Of A Chance Of Getting Rotation Minutes Than Me" Harper and the looming specter of Luca Vildoza, where are our point guards?

ANSWER?

There are none.

Alec Burks, Immanuel Quickley and Frank Ntilikina are all basically COMBO GUARDS.  They have facilitating skills, but as we have seen with French Frank, after he got a brief audition earlier in the season, the coaching staff seems to have concluded that he is more effective as an off the ball wing.  Alec and Immanuel, like everyone else on the Knicks, have bought into the ball movement, share the rock, unselfish style of play, but clearly they are more comfortable creating for themselves. 

Clearly, Rose IS capable of giving us more that 20-25 minutes a night, but there is surely a danger in leaning TOO DAMN HARD on the vet, tempting though it might be, which I am sure weighs heaveily on Thibs, Bryant and Payne. 

I mean, look at our fucking record WITH or WITHOUT Rose in the lineup?  The Rose Trade was a game changer, and the manner in which he bought into the culture and accepted his role, had positive reverberations up and down the roster. 

We were 19-8 as of April 30.

We were 5-3 in May, and DR sat out one game.

So what, 24-11. 23-11? 

JEEZ LOUIZE. 

Clearly Elfrid IS BROKEN. 

Just as clearly, THIBS has to max out the tools he has, and among the tool he has, praise the LORD, are the combined team work of Julius and RJ, who between them, tallied a combined NINE ASSISTS per game over the course of the regular season.  We've gotten four assists per game out of D-Rose, three assists out of Elfrid, and two assists per game out of IQ and Burks. 

Whereas Atlanta gets 9.4 assists per game our of Trae Bien, who also gets to the FT line 8.7 times a game and converts at a .886 clip. 

WORTH NOTING: Atlanta converted 1417 out of 1745 FTAs, for an imposing .812%.  Whereas the Knicks are 1181 out of 1506, for a .784% 

That is a function of point guard play, and a glaring team weakness which the Hawks can surely exploit in a 7 game series. 

In any event, is Elfrid Payton BROKEN?

Surely is. 

But hey, it's THE PLAYOFFS, Knicks fans, and even a broken clock is right two times a day. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 07:20:11 AM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18819 on: May 17, 2021, 08:12:42 AM »

The Payton theory failed once again - about the 9th time in ten games - as Knicks had a nice first quarter

And Knicks look sloppy down the stretch of games - there is no denying.

Can their defense and occasional hero shot making carry us these playoffs late in games?

I think not

Wouldnt be surprised to see Hawks in 6.  Unless we change the lineup a bit.

(This would be seriously bucking a trend of course - as Knicks are 3-0 this year and 8-1 all time in playoff games vs ATL)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18820 on: May 17, 2021, 08:20:12 AM »

Boston will have a tough matchup in Indiana if they don’t get by the Wiz.

Boston doesn't go to Indiana

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18821 on: May 17, 2021, 08:22:27 AM »

It’s a shame Mitch, Luca, and Elfrid won’t be able to help us this post season, but we still have enough on hand to take down the Hawks.

ROBINSON Has not been ruled out

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18822 on: May 17, 2021, 08:27:18 AM »

RE:  lineup

I will say that Burks at the point is OK by me.  I trust Thibs.

But I dont think EP will be totally buried.

Odds 50-50 as well that if we get by ATL and play round 2 Rose ends up missing game(s) and the starter that led us to 42 wins will be needed, with AB.

Happy to see some come around to the notion (stated many times by someone here very early on)  that IMAANUEL QUICKLEY IS NOT AN NBA POINT.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18823 on: May 17, 2021, 10:46:21 AM »

So......

East

Charlotte, with Playoff LaMelo, eliminates Indiana
Wizards roll into Boston and come out with the 7 seed
Celtics squeak by Hornets for the 8

West

Lakers, despite LBJ ankle tweak - take the 7 seed over Curry and the Warriors, despite 44 from Steph
Memphis at home over Spurs
And of course Warriors get the 8 seed - on their way to a 7-gamer with Utah

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18824 on: May 17, 2021, 12:47:16 PM »

The Payton theory failed once again - about the 9th time in ten games - as Knicks had a nice first quarter

No idea what you’re talking about because you clearly did not watch the first quarter as Elf single-handedly kept the Boston Celtics benchwarmers in the game through turnovers and bad basketball. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 1852