Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1322 1323 [1324] 1325 1326 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943138 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19845 on: August 05, 2021, 10:15:41 AM »

Don't know what condition Kemba's condition is in.
Was thinking he might start a la Elf while Rose backs up and finishes.
Would keep Rose in the same role, playing with mostly the same combos.
Was pretty effective.

over the final month of the 2020-21 regular season, Kemba Walker averaged:
28.1 points,
4.9 rebs,
4.0 dimes,
4.1 made 3PT's
while shooting over 50% from the floor and 43% from downtown.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Julius Randle signed to an extension
« Reply #19846 on: August 05, 2021, 10:31:00 AM »

Rough figures for the next 5 seasons

24mil
26mil
28mil
30mil
32mil
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19847 on: August 05, 2021, 10:48:24 AM »

Does it get any better?
Team friendlier?
XMas in August.
Stick around for a bit why don't you Julius!

*** meanwhile our new boy rocked Slovenia for 23 points, 4-6 on 3's to send France on a trip to the GOLD MEDAL game & our old boy went 0-0-0-0-0 of course, but put SEVEN MINUTES OF CLAMPS on Luka, lol, lol, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 11:16:57 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #19848 on: August 05, 2021, 10:59:11 AM »

Leon's vision coming into a little better focus -  keep the band together with a few tweaks for the sake of the offense...not a bad thing, esp. considering how most first Qs went last season...
Leon likes depth and continuity - now there's a concept...

lining up a bunch of fair market value two year contracts with a team option third year keeps flexibility and opportunity in place...
locking up Julius at quite the discount based on lots of good mojo seems like a real feat not accomplished  by a Knicks front office since the 90's...

of course the big issues are the knicked kneed duo of Walker & Rose...that's a season long concern...but the reality is most NBA teams experience impactful  injuries every season

other than overpaying for Noel (which may have something to do with Robinson's health - seems he was seen in a walking boot) color me  cautiously buoyant

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19849 on: August 05, 2021, 12:19:46 PM »

I'd take Ball and Bullocks over Kemba and Fournier.
If we're paying Kemba $8M (?) then roughly $6M more or so for that pair.
Certainly better defense than what we got.
I'd also would have prefer Dinwiddie & RegBull over Kemba + Fournier.

I just think the PG position is key and would rather get talent and spend $$  there.  Ball could be the long term PG answer; while Dimwit is entering his prime.  I have Dimwiddie and Fournier as comparable players, just Spencer at a more important position.

I think Thibs wanted to go with Rose and didn't want another good but not great PG reducing Rose's minutes too much.  Kemba could work out, but also might break down.  Not sure his knees can take too much and his D is  hampered by his size and possible limited movement.

Overpaying Fournier (that's what FA is often about) was somewhat underwhelming.  The Kemba pickup a good save so Rose doesn't get ground down.   Don't know if Ball or Dimwiddie were genuine options, but don't see why one or both wouldn't have been interested in NYK.

Could run a poll

Which combo would you prefer:
Ball & Bullocks
Dimwiddie & Bullox
Kemba & Fournier

(maybe need to include the extra $$ involved)

I think management views Rose on the court facilitating late in games.

If we had Rose/Dinwiddie or Rose/Ball the minutes get a little muddled

So the Rose signing occurred after we did due diligence on other point guards/ruled them out
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19850 on: August 05, 2021, 12:47:56 PM »

A week ago, the Knicks had the No. 19 and No. 21 picks in the NBA Draft and over $50 million in cap space. In the span of six days, they turned that into a future first-round pick that’s almost certain to be worse than the No. 19 pick they traded for it, two low-upside, defense-first rookies (Quentin Grimes and Miles McBride) to sate Tom Thibodeau’s “hard-nosed” kink, and $183 million committed to Nerlens Noel, Alec Burks, Evan Fournier and Derrick Rose over the next four years.

Don’t let one playoff appearance and a fun Julius Randle resurgence distract you from the fact that no one, and I mean NO ONE, turns lemonade into lemons like the New York Knicks.

heh

Found this when searching for Lonzo/Bulls news

https://fansided.com/2021/08/03/lonzo-ball-knicks-bumbling-nba-free-agency-reactions/

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #19851 on: August 05, 2021, 01:00:54 PM »

That is one stupid fucking article you posted.
We don't have a single dollar committed for four years let alone 183 mil.
In fact, in year three, all we have committed is $20 mil.

Friends don't let friends post dumb shit.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19852 on: August 05, 2021, 01:29:52 PM »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19853 on: August 05, 2021, 01:49:15 PM »

I'd take Ball and Bullocks over Kemba and Fournier.
If we're paying Kemba $8M (?) then roughly $6M more or so for that pair.
Certainly better defense than what we got.
I'd also would have prefer Dinwiddie & RegBull over Kemba + Fournier.

I just think the PG position is key and would rather get talent and spend $$  there.  Ball could be the long term PG answer; while Dimwit is entering his prime.  I have Dimwiddie and Fournier as comparable players, just Spencer at a more important position.

I think Thibs wanted to go with Rose and didn't want another good but not great PG reducing Rose's minutes too much.  Kemba could work out, but also might break down.  Not sure his knees can take too much and his D is  hampered by his size and possible limited movement.

Overpaying Fournier (that's what FA is often about) was somewhat underwhelming.  The Kemba pickup a good save so Rose doesn't get ground down.   Don't know if Ball or Dimwiddie were genuine options, but don't see why one or both wouldn't have been interested in NYK.

Could run a poll

Which combo would you prefer:
Ball & Bullocks
Dimwiddie & Bullox
Kemba & Fournier

(maybe need to include the extra $$ involved)

Kemba and Fournier

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19854 on: August 05, 2021, 01:54:34 PM »

Interesting change from your Dinwiddie days, Chip.

Or do you, like me - love the addition of the white guy to our mix?

heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19855 on: August 05, 2021, 01:57:08 PM »

Re:  Ball

It hasn't been mentioned yet - but did PELS demand to get something in return affect the Knicks negotiations with Lonzo?

In other words - PELS:  We will match Knicks offer unless they give us something.  Then Knicks having little they wanted tos urrender and Pels were keen on (see:  Knox/Frank value low/low/low....)

A theory, is all.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #19856 on: August 05, 2021, 02:30:06 PM »

heh

Half African white guy, lol, you rancid piece of peckerwood tripe

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2018/08/04/evan-fournier-spent-last-two-summers-reconnecting-african-roots/

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19857 on: August 05, 2021, 02:41:34 PM »

That makes sense. Fournier is way too cool to be a white guy. Knowing he’s got African roots makes me think it’s much more likely he lives up to his contract instead of pulling a Bargnani or a Love.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19858 on: August 05, 2021, 02:49:21 PM »

Pelton:

Based on the maximum possible 20% raise, this deal guarantees him a starting salary of $23.8 million in 2022-23 with an additional $3.6 million in bonuses for a four-year total of $106 million guaranteed and up to $16 million in bonuses, with $10.6 million of those (for reaching the playoffs and making the All-Star team) currently treated as likely. So Randle's likely four-year salary, based on the NBA's calculations, is $117 million.

Noel was market value.

Randle was smart to extend coming off his career year.  And not have to worry about duplicating that, or getting injured.  Hopefully Julius is tasked with less and plays fewer minutes, both which would result in his stats dropping from last year.  The playoff debacle likely helped the Knix with the contract extension. 

Randle on a big 5 year contract.  FO directive to Thibs should be to keep Randle's minutes reasonable to avoid injury.  And to try to keep Julius fresh for 4Q's.  Leading the league in minutes should be a one-year aberration. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19859 on: August 05, 2021, 02:57:16 PM »

heh

Half African white guy, lol, you rancid piece of peckerwood tripe

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2018/08/04/evan-fournier-spent-last-two-summers-reconnecting-african-roots/

White African

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 02:59:50 PM by kidcarter8 »
Pages: 1 ... 1322 1323 [1324] 1325 1326 ... 1850